Re: PROPOSAL>> Video Responses - What does DataPortability Mean to you?

Elias Bizannes

Feb 4, 2008, 3:53:34 AM2/4/08
to DataPortability.Public.General, dataportability...@googlegroups.com
Hi evangelists,

Can we pick this up?

This was a brilliant idea suggested by Daniela because we can consult
with people on things that will help us set a direction for the
future. We need to get out there, with the vendors, standards groups,
decision makers and the average consumer explaining where they see
value in the project or what they are concerned about. I've got no
idea what we the theme of these videos should be, but the point is we
start engaging with the community and getting their views.

Now that the evangelism action group has well and truly got its act
together, might be worth putting this back on the radar. What priority
should we make this?

(posted in DP Public where the original thread is, and x-posted in the
evangelists action group)

Elias Bizannes

Feb 4, 2008, 7:57:58 PM2/4/08
to DataPortability.Action.Evangelism
Whoops forgot to include the link to original posting:
http://groups.google.com/group/dataportability-public/browse_thread/thread/f2d68416d41ac852

Please discuss in this forum, as we need to try and move discussion
off the public group. This initiative should be owned by EAG.

Copy of Daniela's posting below:

I was super impressed with Michael Pick's Video on DataPortability
that has been circulating today and was posted on the discussion
board
earlier. If you have missed it please make sure you check it out:
http://www.vimeo.com/610179/

Obviously video is hot and it is a great way to get the word out.
Remember what the The Machine is Us/ing Us did for Web 2.0? Over
4million people have seen it and are one step closer to
understanding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmP4nk0EOE

So, If you think about one of the main buzz machines that happened
around data portability you probably get referenced Robert Scoble's
'I
got kicked out of Facebook' video on Seesmic
http://www.seesmic.com/Standalone.html?video=4fBjAGYLW5 and there are
others.

For example someone forwarded me Tom's personal video of what Data
Portability means to him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TupCZY09Kwc&NR=1

So.....Since video has been so effective - and it seems like everyone
would like to discuss our goals and plans for DataPortability perhaps
we should all respond with video.

PROPOSAL:

Record a video - introduce yourself and explain your hopes and ideas
for DataPortability - make the video no longer than 1 minute

At the end, please say 'I am [Name] and I want Data Portability'

Post a link to this thread with your video

ALSO ***PLEASE*** Tag your connect with the following tag:
DataPortabilityAndMe

I will get some up myself but here is an early Dec 2007 video i made
as a joke on joining the Data Portability Workgroup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8_9f3bLL80

Elias Bizannes

Feb 5, 2008, 1:13:08 AM2/5/08
to DataPortability.Action.Evangelism
Thank you EAG for picking this up in the chatroom and turning it
around so quickly! It's dangerous what this action group is capable
of!!

Chris posted the results in the thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/dataportability-public/browse_thread/thread/f2d68416d41ac852

(individual message: http://groups.google.com/group/dataportability-public/msg/0323e54336cdccce)

Deepak Singh

Feb 13, 2008, 1:59:03 PM2/13/08
to DataPortability.Action.Evangelism
I haven't recorded the formal video yet, but there is one that I did
sort of as a test run (with terrible audio, so keep the volume low)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzE8JzSMD9s

On Feb 4, 10:13 pm, Elias Bizannes <elias.bizan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you EAG for picking this up in the chatroom and turning it
> around so quickly! It's dangerous what this action group is capable
> of!!
>
> Chris posted the results in the thread:http://groups.google.com/group/dataportability-public/browse_thread/t...
>
> (individual message:http://groups.google.com/group/dataportability-public/msg/0323e54336c...)

Deepak Singh

Feb 19, 2008, 6:41:28 PM2/19/08
to DataPortability.Action.Evangelism
Here is the video/screencast I recorded for this effort. Forgot the
"I want data portability" bit, but it has been tagged appropriately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQZdEENX__Q

Deepak

Jacob Chapel

Feb 19, 2008, 6:46:22 PM2/19/08
to dataportability...@googlegroups.com
Due to popular demand, the EAG took consideration to extend the
deadline as awareness of the initiative is still occurring. It was
requested that more time be allocated to allow more people to
contribute. Consensus was reached by the EAG within the decision time
limit. The deadline has been extended until Monday 12 AM PST on 31
March 2008 and submissions will be recognised in the March DP status
report released later that day.

New Deadline: March 31st 2008 @ 12 AM PST