Data Portability Second Life meetup now every sunday 11am SLT/PDT

1 view

Christian Scholz (mrtopf.de)

Apr 19, 2008, 12:57:26 PM4/19/08
to DataPortability.Public.General
Hello everybody!

After the last meeting started a little small with Trent and me (but 2
other interested but not yet involved guys were
coming later) I now want to make it a regular meeting. I also got
voice enabled on our land now so that we can even use voice chat (so
keep your headset ready).

So here are the details:

Every sunday, 11 am SLT/PDT (SLT = Second Life Time which is the same
time as San Francisco).

This makes it worldwide:

GMT: 6pm
Berlin: 8pm
Amsterdam: 8pm
London: 7pm
San Francisco: 11am
New York City: 2pm

I guess you can calculate the rest :-)
If not, here's a handy link: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_UTC.aspx?y=2008&mo=4&d=20&h=18&mn=0

The location will be: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Stadt/185/83/23
(just click this link of you have Second Life installed and you will
directly be teleported there)

If you are new to Second Life you need an account and the Second Life
client
(which is available for Windows, Mac and Linux).

An account can be made at http://secondlife.com/join
The client can be downloaded at http://secondlife.com/support/downloads.php

When you are logged in to Second Life (you might want to finish
Orientation
Island if you are a first time user) just click on the link above and
you
will be there.

Feel also free to join the group "DataPortability Project" inside
Second
Life. You can find it via the Search dialog (button at the bottom) or
simply
ask tomorrow and we can send you an invite.

My name in Second Life is "Tao Takashi". You can also send me an
instant message and I will teleport you to the location.

Hope to see you around!

-- Christian

Christian Scholz (mrtopf.de)

Apr 19, 2008, 1:06:56 PM4/19/08
to DataPortability.Public.General
I also created a wiki page for it:

http://wiki.dataportability.org/x/ToAa

Please add your name and esp. Second Life name there so we can
recognize each other :-)

It's in the Google calendar as well now.

-- Christian

Cyndy

Apr 20, 2008, 2:14:22 PM4/20/08
to DataPortability.Public.General
Christian, just a suggestion for a sort of "SL rules of order." As we
discovere during Life 2.0, it's very difficult to tell who's talking
during voice chat with a slew of people in the room. We discussed
having each speaker's avatar stand when he or she had the floor to
lessen confusion.

~ cyndy

On Apr 19, 1:06 pm, "Christian Scholz (mrtopf.de)"

Christian Scholz / Tao Takashi (SL)

Apr 20, 2008, 3:27:29 PM4/20/08
to dataportabi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 8:14 PM, Cyndy <fourlit...@gmail.com> wrote:

Christian, just a suggestion for a sort of "SL rules of order." As we
discovere during Life 2.0, it's very difficult to tell who's talking
during voice chat with a slew of people in the room. We discussed
having each speaker's avatar stand when he or she had the floor to
lessen confusion.

Thanks for the suggestion. Right now we are not yet a big bunch of people though. So I guess it's not necessary yet.
(We also noticed this during some other events like the AWG meetup.)

I hope to see you at some of the next meetups :-)

cheers!

Christian

--
Christian Scholz