Importing graphviz dot files in Cytoscape?

Giuseppe G.

Nov 29, 2011, 10:21:42 AM11/29/11
to cytoscape-discuss
Hi,

is there a way to import a .dot file in Cytoscape?

Cheers
Giuseppe

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Keiichiro Ono

Nov 29, 2011, 12:21:23 PM11/29/11
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
Currently, there is no dot file reader available for Cytoscape.
However, once you read dot file in other applications and export it to
GraphML/GML/etc., then you can read it in Cytoscape.

Since DOT is a popular file format, implementing DOT reader is on our todo list.

Kei

2011/11/29 Giuseppe G. <G.Ga...@sms.ed.ac.uk>:

> --

Keiichiro Ono    http://www.keiono.net/

Giuseppe G.

Nov 30, 2011, 7:06:37 AM11/30/11
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kei, thank you for your reply. Which application in particular could
you recommend to perform the conversion? Thank you again.

Best,
Giuseppe

Keiichiro Ono

Nov 30, 2011, 1:16:28 PM11/30/11
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
It's not an GUI software, but you can try NetworkX:

http://networkx.lanl.gov/

It's a command-line tool written in Python. It has support for DOT
files and has function to export graphs into other formats.

Kei

2011/11/30 Giuseppe G. <G.Ga...@sms.ed.ac.uk>:

--
Keiichiro Ono    http://www.keiono.net/