Cytoscape's February Bug Bounty Winners

Barry Demchak

Mar 7, 2013, 5:39:00 PM3/7/13
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com, cytoscap...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Cytoscapers –

Cytoscape’s February Bug Bounty contest has ended. It was quite a success, thanks to the creativity and generosity of the Cytoscape community.

We have posted the list of winners at http://nrnb.org/competitions.html#b-tab

We will contact winners very soon via the e-mail address supplied on the bug reports – $50 Amazon gift cards will be awarded, with a special award for Giovanni Dall’Olio, who was clearly the bug champion.

Even though the Bug Bounty period is over, please remember to report bugs early and often (via the Report a Bug feature off Cytoscape’s Help menu) … we really do act on them! (see below)

------

Fun Factoids:

We received 35 bugs through the Bug Reporter mechanism during February.

There were 17 different qualified authors, and three bug reports duplicated previous reports.

There were 8 program crash/data loss bugs (each worth 10 points), 19 user interface bugs (worth 5 points), and 7 cosmetic bugs (worth 1 point). The average of bug scores was 5.2.

Of the 34 reported, 19 are targeted for fix in the upcoming v3.0.1 release, and 4 are targeted for v3.1. Several have already been fixed.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

: Barry Demchak, PhD

: UC San Diego

: Department of Medicine

: https://sosa.ucsd.edu/confluence/display/~bdemchak/Home