Release of two GPU-accelerated plugins: AllegroMCODE v2.0 & AllegroLayout v1.0

Jun Yoon

May 15, 2013, 1:07:02 AM5/15/13
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce the release of two GPU-accelerated plugins for Cytoscape 2.6.x, 2.7.x, 2.8.x. They are available now through the Cytoscape plugin manager and in Cytoscape App Store.
    Their GPU algorithmcan exploits massively parallel GPU computing architecture and is hundreds of times faster than the single core CPU implementation.
    • AllegroMCODE v2.0

    AllegroMCODE finds clusters, or highly interconnected groups of nodes in a huge complex network such as a protein interaction network. It finds the same clusters as the MCODE plugin does, but to process large complex networks it is totally redesigned for the fast analysis, low memory consumption, and interactive cluster exploring without creating a network view.

    For more details about MCODE algorithm, please see our awesome video presentation

    • AllegroLayout v1.0
    AllegroLayout is a graph layout plugin designed for large-scale networks and provides the following features.
    Please enjoy our video introduction about AllegroLayout and a layout example by AllegroLayout.
    • System Requirements for the Nvidia GPU acceleration
      • O/S: Windows, Mac, or Linux
      • GPU: Any CUDA-capable Nvidia GPU (all Nvidia graphics cards except very old models)
    For more information, please visit us at http://allegroviva.com/allegromcode and http://allegroviva.com/allegrolayoutWe also provide various support forums where you can get help from our team and other users.