[ANN] Cucumber-Rails 0.5.0.beta1

aslak hellesoy

May 9, 2011, 6:22:53 PM5/9/11
to Cucumber Users
I'm pleased to release Cucumber-Rails 0.5.0. With this release, all
pull requests on github have been closed.
This release drops support for Rails2 and Webrat. I realise some
people are still using these, but I simply don't have time to maintain
support for them.
My best recommendation is to stick with older versions of
Cucumber-Rails or upgrade to Rails3/Capybara.

Full changelog is here:
https://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber-rails/blob/v0.5.0.beta1/History.txt

Thanks,
Aslak

aslak hellesoy

May 13, 2011, 5:51:47 AM5/13/11
to Cucumber Users
I'll be releasing 0.5.0 Tuesday next week. Nobody wants bad surprises, so please try out the beta before that so any problems can be fixed before the release.

Cheers,
Aslak

Thanks,
Aslak

LesNightingill

May 18, 2011, 3:37:27 PM5/18/11
to Cukes
Aslak, sorry if this is just my ineptitude. (Oh yes, and by the way,
thanks for all your great work on this stuff. It's really
appreciated).

Seems as if there's a dependency problem?

Bundler could not find compatible versions for gem "capybara":
In Gemfile:
capybara-envjs depends on
capybara (~> 0.4.0)

cucumber-rails (= 0.5.0) depends on
capybara (1.0.0.beta1)

is there a workaround that I'm missing?

cheers

Les

aslak hellesoy

May 18, 2011, 4:14:34 PM5/18/11
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Two options:

a) persuade capybara-envjs to make a release that relaxes the capybara dep to >=
b) don't upgrade cuke-rails to 0.5.0 yet

It may have been a little premature to release 0.5.0 depending on capybara beta, but people were bitching about cucumber-rails not working with capybara beta, so there.

Jonas, just release 1.0.0 already! :-P

Aslak

cheers

Les