Horizontal Gradient?

Alex @ WebsonDesign.com

Mar 30, 2011, 9:21:02 AM3/30/11
to cufón
Hi Cufon :)

Is there a way to apply horizontal gradients instead of the regular/
vertical gradients (-linear-gradient(red, blue))?

Cheers!
Alex Mos

Simo Kinnunen

Mar 30, 2011, 9:40:09 AM3/30/11
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Unfortunately there isn't (without changing the code, anyway). The problem is that Cufón, by default, renders each word separately, which means that each word would have its own horizontal gradient. I don't think anyone would want something like that. It would be possible to achieve a better result by using the separate: 'none' option, but that would limit you to one line of text only, and that one line may not contain any other tags (<strong> etc), unless you break them manually with <br />.

So the options are:

a) each word has its own horizontal gradient
b) the gradient goes from the start of the line to the end of the line, but you give up any formatting and you must handle line breaks manually

Neither option is ideal, but as they would require minimal code changes I would be happy to implement them if either one works for you. Other options would require too many changes.

Simo