Re: [CharteredSecretaries] Fw: Re: ICSI Election of 2010

CS A Rengarajan

Sep 17, 2010, 1:47:53 PM9/17/10
to CharteredS...@yahoogroups.co.in, CSMysore, csch...@googlegroups.com, Company_Secretary
It is a welcome move

The unfinished agenda is to be carry forward by the ensuing council members

Best Regards

From: S Kumar <s.k...@icsi.edu>
Subject: FW: ICSI Election of 2010
To: "jkjai...@yahoo.com" <jkjai...@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 14 September, 2010, 6:46 PM

Dear Shri Jain,

We have noted your suggestion and the same will be placed before the Council in due course.

Regards,

(S Kumar)
Principal Director

From: Jitender Jain <jkjai...@yahoo.com>
Subject: ICSI Election of 2010
To: vinayak.k...@kanjcs.com
Cc: 984804500...@icsi.edu
Date: Wednesday, 8 September, 2010, 12:31 AM

Dear Mr President,

I am writing this email in view of forthcoming election of ICSI.  At the outset, I would like to make it clear that I am a practicing lawyer in Mumbai and have no desire to fight any election.

I have a very basic question in mind and though to put it to you (before I make it a matter of public debate amongst members of ICSI and its cental councial members).  To me this question is though basic but is of great importance for future of this profession of company secretaries.  I note that present rules/regulations of ICSI allow a member who is not practicing the profession of company secretaries to contest the election of various governing bodies of the central and regional councils.  To my mind, it is totally unclear as to how these members who themselves do not practice the profession can understand the nobilities of this profession can do justice by representing the members at the various bodies of the ICSI.  If such people think that this is the profession most appealing to them, then they must practice this profession only and should not pursue any other profession.  I also feel that in no circumstances such persons can understand and experience the problems faced by various members of the ICSI and will never be aware of ground realties.  As I notice in Bar Councils only practicing lawyers can contest for various regulatory and statutory bodies which are correct and totally justified and ICSI must follow the same, at least in my view.

In view of above, may I request you to explain why not a motion be presented before the central council at its own to amend the existing regulations suitably whereby only those members who are practicing the profession of companies secretaries be made eligible to contest the elections of various governing bodies of ICSI (sorry I am not aware of the procedure for the same as I dont practice as a company secretary).  If not, I request a specific reason for not moving such a motion which you can chose not to answer.

Since this is a matter of public debate amongst the various members of the ICSI, I would like to take this matter before the members of the ICSI on Monday, 14 September 2010 by sending an email to all the councial membres and to all my professional colleagues with a request to circulate this email to all the members of the ICSI.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Jitender Jain

ACS-16589

M - 99207-44632

"This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager and delete it from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and donot necessarily represent those of the Institute. The receipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ICSI accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this Email."

"This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager and delete it from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and donot necessarily represent those of the Institute. The receipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ICSI accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this Email."

Recent Activity:
.

--
csarengarajan
Company Secretary, Chennai

This mail and its attachments (if any) are confidential information intended for persons to whom the email is planned for delivery by the sender. If you have received this mail in error please notify the sender of the error by forwarding the email and its attachments (if any) and then deleting the mail received in error and the relevant email trail in this connection without making any copies or taking any prints.