(CSchennai) Re: [CS_yahoogroups) FCGPR(A), URGENT????

R V SECKAR

Apr 29, 2010, 3:45:29 AM4/29/10
to company_...@yahoogroups.com, csmy...@googlegroups.com, csch...@googlegroups.com, CharteredS...@yahoogroups.co.in, cs_company...@yahoogroups.com, gunjan_...@yahoo.com
Dear Gunjan Singh,

Thanks for valuable information.

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued Notification no. FEMA 205/2010-RB dated 7 April 2010 (Notification), which has amended the regulation in connection with pricing norms for issue of shares by an Indian company to a person resident outside India. This Notification comes into force from 21 April 2010 (i.e. the date of its publication in the Official Gazette). Given below are the amended pricing norms for rights issue and issue of shares (other than rights issue).

Type of Indian Company

Pricing Norms

Company not listed on a recognized stock exchange in India

At a price not less than the price at which the shares are issued to resident shareholders

Company listed on a recognized stock exchange in India

At a price not less than the price determined in accordance with Securities Exchange Board of India

(SEBI) guidelines

Company (public or private) not listed on a recognized stock exchange in India

At a price not be less than the fair valuation of shares done by

  • a SEBI registered Category-I Merchant Banker; or
  • a Chartered Accountant

The above valuation will be done as per the Discounted Free Cash Flow Method

Preferential allotment of shares by a company

At a price not less than the price determined as per the RBI pricing guidelines

Comments
  • The Notification does not clarify whether the new guidelines would apply to share application monies received, pending the allotment of shares on 21 April 2010.
  • It is unclear whether the SEBI or the RBI pricing guidelines will apply in case of preferential allotment by a listed public company

The above issues could be clarified by an RBI circular.

This Notification comes into force from 21 April 2010 for allotment made after 21 April 2010.

Regards,

R.V.Seckar

On 29 April 2010 10:55, gunjan singh <gunjan_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello All,

For the valuation of shares, RBI has issued a recent notification in April 2010 for " Foreign Investment in India- change in valuation guidlines for issue of shares" having Notification no FEMA 205/2010 dated 7th April 2010.

It will help you for the valuation.
For the format of CA Certificate, you can get it from RBI Site.

With Regards
Gunjan
CS, LL.B, B.Com
9999049105

From: R V SECKAR <rvsekar2007@ gmail.com>
To: "Shallu Suryavanshi" <shallusuryavanshi@ yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 28 April, 2010, 6:51 AM

Hello,

I have filed FC-GPR in my previous company. Please note that I do not have copy of the same. Please ask your auditor to go through the Erstwhile CCI guidelines for share valuation for RBI purpose. I will give more idea about how to work out fair value of the shares.

R..V.Seckar

On 28 April 2010 11:48, Shallu Suryavanshi <shallusuryavanshi@ yahoo.com> wrote:
Can you please provide me the specimen copy of CA certification for FCGPR.

Regards

CS Shallu Suryavanshi

From: R V SECKAR <rvsekar2007@ gmail.com>
To: company_secretary@ yahoogroups. com
Cc: shallusuryavanshi@ yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, 28 April, 2010, 5:48 AM

Hello,

Please write to your regional RBI stating the facts and request them the condemnation of delay in  not filing FC-GPR for the earlier allotment by giving valid reasons by citing reasons non-availability of qualified professionals , due to ignorance etc.

Regional RBI may condone the delay in case if it is not intentional and will levy some small fine or may ask you to go for compounding of offense at RBI , Mumbai.

Regards,

R.V.Seckar

On 28 April 2010 09:53, Shallu Suryavanshi <shallusuryavanshi@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear Members,

In case company has to file FCGPR (A) within 30 days after issue of shares to Non resident lets assume before 30th April, 2010.

However, say in 2006 also company issued shares to Non Resident but did not file said form what is the remedy available now to the Company??

Should company file aforementioned form of current allotment and ignore the earlier non- compliance, which I think should not be done.

OR

In what way should we rectify the mistake done earlier?

Plz arrange to revert at the earliest as company is running short of time and has to comply above said compliance in April, 2010 only.

Regards

CS Shallu Suryavanshi

__._,_.___
.