Introducing Myself to the Group

12 views
Skip to first unread message

Yen

unread,
May 12, 2011, 8:14:47 AM5/12/11
to Coworking
Hi Everyone,

I am a filmmaker/writer/creator/academic - many slashes in my
professional identity - like most of you. I live with my husband and
two year-old daughter in Flushing, Queens. In our lives before baby,
my husband and I ran a very popular humor web site and also made an
international award-winning film that's been screened, and pirated in
different parts of the world. In our life after baby, we are finding
it hard to work from home now that my daughter has discovered the
wonders of the "compiut-ii-eer". So, I am exploring starting a
coworking space in Flushing, Queens. I don't think there is any in
Flushing and it's actually a wonderful immigrant community with
excellent food! We will also be close to home and that means more time
for the little one. We are currently producing our new comics series
that is inspired by this neighborhood. I'm currently looking for a
space and trying to learn as much as possible about running a space.
If anyone's looking for a coworking space in Flushing, please let me
know. Best, Yen

J. Scheine

unread,
May 13, 2011, 2:20:49 PM5/13/11
to Coworking
Hey Yen,

Welcome to the group. There are a lot of threads on here with useful
information. I run a coworking space on Long Island that is having its
grand opening in June. We are still in the process of marketing our
space. Some of the experienced space owners here can give you some of
the ins and outs of a coworking space. Everybody on here has been very
helpful and willing to share. Feel free to email me and we can
brainstorm together.

Sincerely,
John Scheine
Executive Director
The Business Corners
www.thebusinesscorners.com
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages