EcoHub is entering the political fray --- Prop 23 battle in California!

EcoConnoisseur

Oct 2, 2010, 4:18:00 AM10/2/10
to Coworking
Hello All Space Owners and Coworkers,

This month will be an all out War against Prop 23 in California!
Although, our space is focused on supporting the green business/
cleantech community and we are working together to defeat the
Proposition to suspend AB32, I still need your help:

I am feeling troubled with the poll numbers and I need help energizing
young people and students. I am eager to learn more about more
approaches, but if I take a step back and think about the "medium"
that reaches me the fastest way possible... the "Good news" youtube
video that's gone viral does the job! 100k, 200k, 500k, 1million
views, and I get fired up!

So please watch my latest youtube video at least once or twice (http://
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdcaBbVVUTs), click the "share" buttons for
Facebook, Twitter, etc. and ask people to "share" it with a message:
No on Prop 23! Our space was selected for a TV show called, Next 500,
which takes you inside the most innovative and captivating companies
set to one day emerge as Fortune 500 powerhouses. This was honor for
us and we want to share this with all of you!

Just getting passionate at 1am! I need to know if coworking has a
voice in statewide politics and I think people listen to views, likes,
and shares... Thoughts anyone?

Will you help me?

This is an article that lays out some of our greatest fears (also see
attached):

Proposition 23 poll shows a dead heat among California voters:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/greenspace/2010/09/proposition-23-poll-global-warming-california.html

A recent PPIC poll, similar to the LA Times one last week, shows us
that we have our work cut out for us. According to the Poll:
Likely voters are divided on Proposition 23 (43% yes, 42% no, 15%
don’t know), which would suspend California’s air pollution control
law (AB 32) until unemployment falls to at least 5.5 percent for a
full year. The divide is reflected across parties, regions, and
demographic groups. Half of Democrats (48%) would vote no, a plurality
of Republicans (45%) would vote yes, and independents are split (43%
no, 42% yes).

Proponents of this measure—as well as the other propositions in the
PPIC survey—have linked the outcome to economic recovery. Proposition
23’s advocates contend that AB 32 will cost the state large numbers of
jobs in tough economic times, while opponents say the law encourages
growth of green jobs. Asked what impact state actions to reduce global
warming will have on jobs, a plurality (41%) of likely voters in the
PPIC survey say the result will be more jobs, 24 percent say the
number of jobs will not be affected, and 26 percent see fewer jobs as
the result.

An overwhelming majority (81%) of likely voters say the outcome of
Proposition 23 is very important (45%) or somewhat important (36%) to
them, with 53 percent of those who plan to vote yes and 45 percent of
those who plan to vote no viewing the outcome as very important.

Second, scary scenario is in the works as KPBS reported:

"The last number I saw there are more than 40,600 people working in
green and clean tech companies in San Diego and Imperial Counties,"
said Jim Waring, chairman of CleanTECH San Diego.

Waring said suspending AB 32 may send green tech investment money to
other states or countries.

"We talk to companies that move here because they see potential to
grow their businesses here because we have this framework,” said
Waring. “So if Proposition 23 were to pass, the air would go out of
that balloon, if you will."

One of those companies is Kai BioEnergy. The Hawaii company produces
bio crude oil from micro-algae and has an office in San Diego.

"We are here because California has always been on the leading edge of
innovation and if California doesn't step up for the leadership,
companies will innovate somewhere else," said Mario Larach, CEO of Kai
BioEnergy.

That's exactly what worries CleanTECH's Waring.

"I was talking to someone from Massachusetts last week and that's
probably our biggest U.S. competitor for jobs,” said Waring. “And he
tongue-in-cheek laughed and said 'Well, if Proposition 23 passes let
everyone know we'll take the jobs in the clean and green technology
that California will lose.'"

Most of the funding for the Yes campaign comes from two large Texas
oil companies, Valero and Tesoro.

Let me know what you think about all of this and give us feed back on
our facebook page RE the Next 500 EcoHub clip (http://www.youtube.com/
watch?v=RdcaBbVVUTs)

Leave comments here: http://www.facebook.com/EcoHub

EcoConnoisseur

Oct 2, 2010, 4:28:46 AM10/2/10
to Coworking
I'm sorry - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdcaBbVVUTs

On Oct 2, 1:18 am, EcoConnoisseur <ecoinvest...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All Space Owners and Coworkers,
>
> This month will be an all out War against Prop 23 in California!
> Although, our space is focused on supporting the green business/
> cleantech community and we are working together to defeat the
> Proposition to suspend AB32, I still need your help:
>
> I am feeling troubled with the poll numbers and I need help energizing
> young people and students. I am eager to learn more about more
> approaches, but if I take a step back and think about the "medium"
> that reaches me the fastest way possible... the "Good news" youtube
> video that's gone viral does the job! 100k, 200k, 500k, 1million
> views, and I get fired up!
>
> So please watch my latest youtube video at least once or twice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdcaBbVVUTs), click the "share" buttons for
> Facebook, Twitter, etc. and ask people to "share" it with a message:
> No on Prop 23! Our space was selected for a TV show called, Next 500,
> which takes you inside the most innovative and captivating companies
> set to one day emerge as Fortune 500 powerhouses. This was honor for
> us and we want to share this with all of you!
>
> Just getting passionate at 1am! I need to know if coworking has a
> voice in statewide politics and I think people listen to views, likes,
> and shares... Thoughts anyone?
>
> Will you help me?
>
> This is an article that lays out some of our greatest fears (also see
> attached):
>
> Proposition 23 poll shows a dead heat among California voters:http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/greenspace/2010/09/proposition-23-pol...

EcoConnoisseur

Oct 8, 2010, 9:54:58 PM10/8/10
to Coworking
This campaign message went out on Youtube and Facebook today!

EcoHub is proud to announce CEOs SAY NO ON 23! Inform your CEO today
to join us for a critical and timely discussion regarding how the
upcoming election may effect you at the "CEOs Say No on 23" Luncheon.
The future of your business may be at stake. Share the video, too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9lUVtUJ_1M

Take that Prop 23!

On Oct 2, 1:18 am, EcoConnoisseur <ecoinvest...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All Space Owners and Coworkers,
>
> This month will be an all out War against Prop 23 in California!
> Although, our space is focused on supporting the green business/
> cleantech community and we are working together to defeat the
> Proposition to suspend AB32, I still need your help:
>
> I am feeling troubled with the poll numbers and I need help energizing
> young people and students. I am eager to learn more about more
> approaches, but if I take a step back and think about the "medium"
> that reaches me the fastest way possible... the "Good news" youtube
> video that's gone viral does the job! 100k, 200k, 500k, 1million
> views, and I get fired up!
>
> So please watch my latest youtube video at least once or twice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdcaBbVVUTs), click the "share" buttons for
> Facebook, Twitter, etc. and ask people to "share" it with a message:
> No on Prop 23! Our space was selected for a TV show called, Next 500,
> which takes you inside the most innovative and captivating companies
> set to one day emerge as Fortune 500 powerhouses. This was honor for
> us and we want to share this with all of you!
>
> Just getting passionate at 1am! I need to know if coworking has a
> voice in statewide politics and I think people listen to views, likes,
> and shares... Thoughts anyone?
>
> Will you help me?
>
> This is an article that lays out some of our greatest fears (also see
> attached):
>
> Proposition 23 poll shows a dead heat among California voters:http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/greenspace/2010/09/proposition-23-pol...

EcoConnoisseur

Nov 3, 2010, 3:59:48 PM11/3/10
to Coworking
Last night was an amazing experience for all of us in San Diego County
as we met up for organic pizza (Pizza Fusion) and loads of wine to
watch the 2010 election results. Eco Hub was No on 23 election
headquarters and we stayed up late to chat and watch returns come in.
Then, we celebrated with this big shout out!!! We want AB 32!

We beat Prop 23!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-ZZqWHjS9o

Here are Pics from last night at EcoHub, too! This kind of work makes
EcoHub necessary in the community!!!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=307542&l=dcf2375727&id=357577790096