video about coworking

1 view

Jay dedman

Jun 27, 2007, 3:07:00 PM6/27/07
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
we just posted a video interviewing some the the SF coworking folks.
Brad, Chris, and Tara.
http://ryanishungry.com/2007/06/27/co-working-independent-workers-unite/
We wanted to document some of the thinking behind why coworking is
different from just a "rent a desk" situation.

Ryanne and I helped start the coworking space at http://hatfactory.net in SF.
we'd love to hear your comments...and link to your own site when you
comment so others know you exist. we'll also gladly link to anyone
else that makes a video about coworking.

Jay

--
Here I am....
http://jaydedman.com

Come out this Saturday:
http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/205532/

Check out the latest project: http://politicalvideo.org
500 hours of George Bush speeches!!
Search, download, remix!!

Alex Hillman

Jun 27, 2007, 3:32:27 PM6/27/07
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Jay (et al),
This is a great piece of material to show to people what this movement is all about. I can't wait to show it to the folks here in Philly!
It's been challenging, interesting, and fun evangelizing this effort to show people what it means "beyond the desks". By putting the community first, we're making amazing things happen.

Thanks for this piece of inspiration!

-Alex

--
-----

Jay dedman

Jun 28, 2007, 4:23:00 PM6/28/07
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
> This is a great piece of material to show to people what this movement is
> all about. I can't wait to show it to the folks here in Philly!
> It's been challenging, interesting, and fun evangelizing this effort to show
> people what it means "beyond the desks". By putting the community first,
> we're making amazing things happen.
> Thanks for this piece of inspiration!

yeah...I think tara, chris, and brad do a good job explaining that
coworking is more than a "rent-a-desk" relationship.

I encourage others on this list to make short videos about how
coworking works for them.
i really believe in the power of video to make all our ideas come more real.
id love to see what everyone's space looks like...and who hangs out there.

Hillary Hartley

Jun 28, 2007, 5:18:54 PM6/28/07
to Coworking
i saw this on tara's blog last night. great stuff! i've been meaning
to get down to the hat factory (and to citizen space, for that
matter). kudos to everyone making this a reality in sf (and
elsewhere!).

-hillary

On Jun 28, 1:23 pm, "Jay dedman" <jay.ded...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is a great piece of material to show to people what this movement is
> > all about. I can't wait to show it to the folks here in Philly!
> > It's been challenging, interesting, and fun evangelizing this effort to show
> > people what it means "beyond the desks". By putting the community first,
> > we're making amazing things happen.
> > Thanks for this piece of inspiration!
>
> yeah...I think tara, chris, and brad do a good job explaining that
> coworking is more than a "rent-a-desk" relationship.
>
> I encourage others on this list to make short videos about how
> coworking works for them.
> i really believe in the power of video to make all our ideas come more real.
> id love to see what everyone's space looks like...and who hangs out there.
>
> Jay
>
> --

> Here I am....http://jaydedman.com

Jay dedman

Jun 28, 2007, 6:18:45 PM6/28/07
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
> i saw this on tara's blog last night. great stuff! i've been meaning
> to get down to the hat factory (and to citizen space, for that
> matter). kudos to everyone making this a reality in sf (and
> elsewhere!).

come on down saturday night: