Beehive Baltimore to open Feb 2!

Dave Troy

Jan 23, 2009, 5:18:00 PM1/23/09
to Coworking
Hey folks,

Just wanted to offer an official heads up that Beehive Baltimore,
which has been incubating in a coffee shop since November 6, will be
opening our first space on February 2, 2009 -- Groundhog Day.

We have about 25 committed members so far, a mix of full/part/basic
members, and have unearthed a really great (and still-developing)
community of like minded technologists, entrepreneurs, and artists
here in Baltimore.

It would not have been possible without the "spiritual guidance" I've
received from this list, and especially Alex Hillman and Geoff DiMasi
who lent us copies of their DNA to mutate and clone.... really super-
helpful.

In the spirit of sharing DNA and all that, our attorney (and Hive co-
founder) Newt Fowler put together a member agreement that is probably
the most amusing binding legal agreement you'll ever read, and we
think it sets the tone perfectly and also covers the necessary bases.

Feel free to check it out and adapt it in karmically-sound ways:
http://tinyurl.com/bhivememdoc

We will be doing a soft launch party sometime soon at which any of you
are welcome, and we'll likely be doing a full blown launch party in
May when we plan to relocate to a slightly larger space in the same
building.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Tara -- here is info on us if you can add us to the great directory in
the sky:

Beehive Baltimore, LLC
2400 Boston St, Suite 308
Baltimore, MD 21224
http://beehivebaltimore.org
Twitter: @bhivebmore

Thanks again everyone! It wouldn't have been possible without your
great examples.

Dave

Alex Hillman

Jan 23, 2009, 5:23:27 PM1/23/09
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Dave! Launching with a commitment from 25 members is phenomenal, and you grew that in less than 3-4 months of active community development (notwithstanding your existing connections through SocialDevCamp 1, etc).

This is a lesson to everyone else on the list: instead of asking the people on this list what your space, community, business structures, and space arrangements should look like, you should turn to the community that you intend to service. We're here to guide. But you're not building a space for us.

Build a space that your community needs, not a space that needs a community.

Well done, Baltimore.

-Alex

--
-----

Lois Hofmann

Jan 23, 2009, 5:40:38 PM1/23/09
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Great going.  You have all given so much to me, and those of us going cold turkey, before getting the groups going and becoming active in the community.

Good luck, Baltimore.  Thanks for the great agreement.  Was fun to read.

Lois R. Hofmann
Instant Office
2939 Broadway
Everett, WA  98201-3639