Great press is about your members

Alex Hillman

Oct 26, 2010, 1:44:37 PM10/26/10
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I've said time and again that a great coworking space has absolutely nothing to do with the facility or the amenities, and EVERYTHING to do with the people inside.

Our latest press is almost certainly one of our best, and one of my personal favorites, because it's almost entirely focused on our members and their interactions. Our office manager (featured front and center) and our members spent the most time with the journalist, he and I never even spoke directly (I answered some questions via video).

Just some food for thought: next time a journalist reaches out, try getting them in touch with your members before you spend an hour telling your story. Invariably, your members will say some pretty amazing things.

-Alex

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia

Irene from Escondido,Ca

Oct 26, 2010, 6:14:31 PM10/26/10
to Coworking


On Oct 26, 10:44 am, Alex Hillman <dangerouslyawes...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I've said time and again that a great coworking space has absolutely nothing
> to do with the facility or the amenities, and EVERYTHING to do with the
> people inside.
>
> Our latest press is almost certainly one of our best, and one of my personal
> favorites, because it's almost entirely focused on our members and their
> interactions. Our office manager (featured front and center) and our members
> spent the most time with the journalist, he and I never even spoke directly
> (I answered some questions via video).
>
> Just some food for thought: next time a journalist reaches out, try getting
> them in touch with your members before you spend an hour telling
> *your*story. Invariably, your members will say some pretty amazing

Eco Investment Club

Oct 26, 2010, 6:46:59 PM10/26/10
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

I totally agree with your advise, however I must ask if you've ever been asked to just talk about your story first... And if not yet, would you turn it down?

I was recently interviewed by "Next 500" and the editing came out the way they wanted the story to flow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdcaBbVVUTs

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely Green,

Yeves R. Perez, CEO + CGO, EINI, Inc.
President, EcoHub, Inc.

a. The EcoHub
4542 Ruffner Street, Suite 170
San Diego, CA 92111
f. http://facebook.com/ecohub
tw. http://twitter.com/ecohubinc
t. 1-866-960-9495
lc. http://loosecubes.com/workspace/99
yt. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxWYIlVKa4E

Please consider the environment before you print this email, but if you have to and/ or if you have to print business cards, brochures, flyers, posters, banners, etc., please use Spirit Graphics & Printing, the "Greenest" and only triple certified printer on the West Coast! http://www.sgink.net/

Alex Hillman

Oct 27, 2010, 12:42:53 AM10/27/10
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Our story's been told dozens of times at this point, to varying degrees of accuracy. I'm consistently at odds with the press, who typically covers what I'd consider the "wrong" things, but then there's that adage that there's no such thing as bad press.

Would I turn down something based on the story they wanted to tell? Tough to say, though I have successfully managed to turn articles around from the story they were trying to run. "Yes vs. No" is a binary decision that usually leads to a dead end, so I'm always looking for a creative "hidden option C"

-Alex

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia

Dave Ruzius

Oct 27, 2010, 8:31:49 AM10/27/10
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I'm all for the people to have their voice and as such I'm happy to be
able to point anyone to what TheWorks members are saying.
I thought it was just freaking amazing that people were willing to
take the time and write a few words about theior experiences during
Jellies. This bit of info is more real, more reliable and more
valuable than anything that could come from my mouth or I'd be able to
put on the web, into a presentation, etc....

http://www.theworks.cz/page/testimonials-1

Their 2 Czech Crowns

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 6:42 AM, Alex Hillman

--
Dave Ruzius
http://www.theworks.cz