What percentage of your coworkers are:

ourspace...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2009, 12:58:51 PM4/6/09
to Coworking
I have recieved some great feedback from Alex and Susan, and a few
others, regarding this matter! However, I would love to have some
other date!

What percentage of your coworkers are:

techies (designers, coders, etc.)?
artists?
business professionals?

Thanks -

Jodi Dean
OurSpace Fort Wayne

Chris Conrey

Apr 6, 2009, 1:06:21 PM4/6/09
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I'd guess that Gangplank is probably 75% techies, and 12% each of artists and business folks.   We skew heavily towards tech due to our core companies all being tech related though.

Chris Conrey
chrisconrey.com
Human->Geek Relations at Integrum
@conrey on Twitter

Mike Pihlman

Apr 6, 2009, 1:17:09 PM4/6/09
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Any Boomers who may have retired (or been laid off) and are starting up
a new venture? My first paying customer fits the retired mold...as do I.

Or is the mix generally the younger crowd?

I noticed that it is harder for us boomer types to get out of the office
in a box mentality....

Mike

--
Mike Pihlman
TracyVirtualOffice

David Kominsky

Apr 6, 2009, 5:11:44 PM4/6/09
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Techie: 70%
Writers: 15%
Business, non-tech: 15%

This are really rough numbers, and may overemphasize the tech slightly.

--David
David Kominsky
Da...@CubeSpacePDX.com
503-206-3500
CubeSpace
622 SE Grand Avenue
Portland, OR 97214

Chris Conrey

Apr 6, 2009, 5:30:29 PM4/6/09
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
We generally skew younger but we have a few Boomers that roll in and out of our space.

Chris Conrey
chrisconrey.com

Human->Geek Relations at Integrum
@conrey on Twitter

HeatherO

Apr 6, 2009, 11:27:32 PM4/6/09
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I believe that we "attract" people that are like us, naturally, and because we know them, tell them, network w/them, etc.
As such, ours are mostly biz folks.
We have 1 boomer (took him a while to wrap his head around it though! "what do you do when you need to make a phone call in private?" was the hardest part for him to get! oh, and not having a sec'y like exec. suites:)

At Your Service,

Heather O'

Heather O'Sullivan Canney, CGG (Chief Go-Giver)
Heather O Inc.
http://www.HeatherO.com
Soco Studio
http://www.SocoStudio.biz
104-B N. Salem St.
Apex, NC 27502
Soco Studio: 919-387-0408
Direct (cell): 919-427-7770
Google Talk: goheathero

ourspace...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2009, 9:16:10 AM4/7/09
to Coworking

You guys & gals are truly amazing!

Thanks -

Jodi Dean

Mike Pihlman

Apr 7, 2009, 12:05:58 PM4/7/09
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Thats funny.....I have designated a room for the cell phone talkers! It
is the furthest back and has a door.... :-)

Must be the boomer in me..... ;-)

Mike

HeatherO wrote:
> I believe that we "attract" people that are like us, naturally, and
> because we know them, tell them, network w/them, etc.
> As such, ours are mostly biz folks.
> We have 1 boomer (took him a while to wrap his head around it though!
> "what do you do when you need to make a phone call in private?" was
> the hardest part for him to get! oh, and not having a sec'y like exec.
> suites:)
>
> At Your Service,
>
> Heather O'
>
> Heather O'Sullivan Canney, CGG (Chief Go-Giver)
> Heather O Inc.
> http://www.HeatherO.com <http://www.heathero.com>
> Soco Studio
> http://www.SocoStudio.biz <http://www.socostudio.biz>
> 104-B N. Salem St.
> Apex, NC 27502
> Soco Studio: 919-387-0408
> Direct (cell): 919-427-7770
> Google Talk: goheathero
> Contact Me: Linkedin
> <%20%20http://www.linkedin.com/in/heathero%20%20>Facebook
> <http://profile.to/heathero/>Flickr
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/heatheroapex/>Twitter
> <http://www.twitter.com/HeatherO>Youtube
> <http://www.youtube.com/user/heatheroapex>Plaxo
> <http://heathero.myplaxo.com>
>

> --- @ WiseStamp Signature. <http://www.wisestamp.com> Get it now
> <http://www.wisestamp.com>
>

> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Chris Conrey <con...@chrisconrey.com
> <mailto:con...@chrisconrey.com>> wrote:
>
> We generally skew younger but we have a few Boomers that roll in
> and out of our space.
>
> Chris Conrey
>
> chrisconrey.com <http://chrisconrey.com>
> Human->Geek Relations at Integrum
> @conrey on Twitter
>

> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Mike Pihlman
> <mi...@telbitconsulting.com <mailto:mi...@telbitconsulting.com>> wrote:
>

> Any Boomers who may have retired (or been laid off) and are
> starting up
> a new venture? My first paying customer fits the retired
> mold...as do I.
>
> Or is the mix generally the younger crowd?
>
> I noticed that it is harder for us boomer types to get out of
> the office
> in a box mentality....
>
> Mike
>

> Chris Conrey wrote:
> > I'd guess that Gangplank is probably 75% techies, and 12%
> each of
> > artists and business folks. We skew heavily towards tech
> due to our
> > core companies all being tech related though.
> >
> > Chris Conrey
> > chrisconrey.com <http://chrisconrey.com>
> <http://chrisconrey.com>
> > Human->Geek Relations at Integrum
> > @conrey on Twitter
> >

> > On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 9:58 AM, ourspace...@gmail.com
> <mailto:ourspace...@gmail.com>
> > <mailto:ourspace...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:ourspace...@gmail.com

Philippe Chetrit

Apr 7, 2009, 1:24:32 PM4/7/09
to Coworking
I like to classify our members in a couple different ways. One, which
I find to be very valuable, is Service Providers and Service
Demanders. A Service Provider is person/biz who contributes their
service or talent to the space economy like graphic designers, web
developers, various consultants etc. Service Demanders are people/bizs
which contribute projects and cash to the space economy like non-
profits, consumer products, techies etc. I strive to keep a good
balance of both groups to ensure the effectiveness and balance of the
coworking economy.

Best,
Philippe
Affinity Lab
www.affinitylab.com

On Apr 6, 12:58 pm, "ourspacefortwa...@gmail.com"

lanceball

Apr 8, 2009, 3:26:41 PM4/8/09
to Coworking
Re: private phone conversations. We have what was probably a large
closet at one point that has a window looking west. Big enough for a
small table, chair and a coat hook. Sequester yourself if you need
privacy and it's cold outside. ;)

Lance
> >     <m...@telbitconsulting.com <mailto:m...@telbitconsulting.com>> wrote:
>
> >         Any Boomers who may have retired (or been laid off) and are
> >         starting up
> >         a new venture?  My first paying customer fits the retired
> >         mold...as do I.
>
> >         Or is the mix generally the younger crowd?
>
> >         I noticed that it is harder for us boomer types to get out of
> >         the office
> >         in a box mentality....
>
> >         Mike
>
> >         Chris Conrey wrote:
> >         > I'd guess that Gangplank is probably 75% techies, and 12%
> >         each of
> >         > artists and business folks.   We skew heavily towards tech
> >         due to our
> >         > core companies all being tech related though.
>
> >         > Chris Conrey
> >         > chrisconrey.com <http://chrisconrey.com>
> >         <http://chrisconrey.com>
> >         > Human->Geek Relations at Integrum
> >         > @conrey on Twitter
>
> >         > On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 9:58 AM, ourspacefortwa...@gmail.com
> >         <mailto:ourspacefortwa...@gmail.com>
> >         > <mailto:ourspacefortwa...@gmail.com
> >         <mailto:ourspacefortwa...@gmail.com>>
> >         <ourspacefortwa...@gmail.com <mailto:ourspacefortwa...@gmail.com>
> >         > <mailto:ourspacefortwa...@gmail.com

Eric Marden

Apr 8, 2009, 4:55:49 PM4/8/09
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
We have a few folks at Colab that could be considered 'boomers' ...
they fit right in though.

Also, we are probably 85% tech/design and the rest is marketing/
business types.

- Eric Marden

CoLab Orlando
37 N. Orange Ave, 6th Floor
Downtown Orlando
http://colaborlando.com

Eric Marden

Apr 8, 2009, 4:57:17 PM4/8/09
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Great way of thinking about this... we are mostly service providers
here. I'll have to go after the 'Demander' market next ;)

- Eric Marden

CoLab Orlando
37 N. Orange Ave, 6th Floor
Downtown Orlando