Best way to simulate legends

Merlyn Bernard

Nov 24, 2010, 4:05:26 AM11/24/10
to coreplot-discuss
Hi,

I would like have scatter polt with legends..
what is best way to achieve his?

Considering adding a custom UIView as subview of CPGraphHostingView

Thanks
Merlyn

Drew McCormack

Nov 24, 2010, 10:30:01 AM11/24/10
to coreplot...@googlegroups.com
Probably best is to put the graph view in an NSView, and add a legend subview on top of it. Best not to add subviews to the host view. Don't think that will work. It's really just a host.

Drew

Merlyn Bernard

Nov 25, 2010, 1:25:51 AM11/25/10
to coreplot-discuss
Thanks for the reply Drew.

I was able to added the legends as subview of CPGraphHostingView,
although the text appeared inverted.

However decided to go with your suggestion.

Thanks
Merlyn

Drew McCormack

Nov 25, 2010, 3:06:12 AM11/25/10
to coreplot...@googlegroups.com
Yes, because we support Mac and iPhone, we apply a transform to flip on iOS. That's why it is better to try to do extra drawing in sibling views, not subviews.

Drew