problem with sprites generation

Andrés gutiérrez

Dec 18, 2010, 7:37:18 AM12/18/10
to compas...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i've installed compass v 0.11.pre.alpha4
Rails 2.3.8
.sass sintax

i've genrated a sprite with the command line:
compass sprite "public/images/sprites/mainmenu/*.png"

then i import the generated file:
@import "sprites/mainmenu"

But in browser i have an error:

/*

Backtrace:
/Users/andres/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p72@before-rvm/gems/compass-0.11.alpha.4/lib/compass/sass_extensions/functions/sprites.rb:293:in `image_url'
/Users/andres/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p72@before-rvm/gems/compass-0.11.alpha.4/lib/compass/sass_extensions/functions/sprites.rb:293:in `sprite_url'
/Users/andres/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p72@before-rvm/gems/compass-0.11.alpha.4/lib/compass/sass_extensions/functions/sprites.rb:218:in `send'
/Users/andres/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p72@before-rvm/gems/compass-0.11.alpha.4/lib/compass/sass_extensions/functions/sprites.rb:218:in `method_missing'
more trace error...

*/

What's the problem?

Thanks for the software and thanks for merging lemonade into compass.

Chris Eppstein

Dec 18, 2010, 1:35:48 PM12/18/10
to compas...@googlegroups.com
Are you still requiring "lemonade" in your config file?

Andrés gutiérrez

Dec 18, 2010, 3:42:46 PM12/18/10
to compas...@googlegroups.com

2010/12/18 Chris Eppstein <ch...@eppsteins.net>

Are you still requiring "lemonade" in your config file?

I never used Lemonade. I was waiting for the merge.
Lemonade is required?

Chris Eppstein

Dec 18, 2010, 3:47:26 PM12/18/10
to compas...@googlegroups.com
No. it's not required. But I think something is mucking with compass if you're getting that error. What plugins/extensions do you have installed?

Andrés gutiérrez

Dec 18, 2010, 3:53:42 PM12/18/10
to compas...@googlegroups.com

2010/12/18 Chris Eppstein <ch...@eppsteins.net>

No. it's not required. But I think something is mucking with compass if you're getting that error. What plugins/extensions do you have installed?

This:
require 'susy'
require 'compass-colors'
require 'fancy-buttons'

Brandon Mathis

Dec 18, 2010, 3:58:19 PM12/18/10
to compas...@googlegroups.com
This won't fix your problem, but just so you know. Fancy buttons doesn't require compass-colors anymore since the color functions were brought into Sass.

- Brandon Mathis (via iPhone)

Andrés gutiérrez

Dec 18, 2010, 4:01:22 PM12/18/10
to compas...@googlegroups.com

2010/12/18 Brandon Mathis <ima...@me.com>

This won't fix your problem, but just so you know. Fancy buttons doesn't require compass-colors anymore since the color functions were brought into Sass.

Thanks. I commented compass-colors.

- Brandon Mathis (via iPhone)

On Dec 18, 2010, at 14:53, Andrés gutiérrez <andres...@gmail.com> wrote:

2010/12/18 Chris Eppstein <ch...@eppsteins.net>
No. it's not required. But I think something is mucking with compass if you're getting that error. What plugins/extensions do you have installed

Andrés gutiérrez

Dec 18, 2010, 4:29:54 PM12/18/10
to compas...@googlegroups.com
i'm debugging and the error seens to be in:
sass-3.1.0.alpha.200/lib/sass/tree/visitors/perform.rb line 37

  def with_environment(env)
    old_env, @environment = @environment, env
    yield
  ensure
    @environment = old_env
  end

When i see in console @enviroment variable. Occurs the error i mentioned in my first message

Chris Eppstein

Dec 18, 2010, 8:18:58 PM12/18/10
to compas...@googlegroups.com
This was a compass bug. It's fixed on master now:

Andrés gutiérrez

Dec 18, 2010, 8:25:24 PM12/18/10
to compas...@googlegroups.com

2010/12/19 Chris Eppstein <ch...@eppsteins.net>

Thanks Chris. Tomorrow i'll update Compass and try that.

Andrés gutiérrez

Dec 19, 2010, 6:17:16 AM12/19/10
to compas...@googlegroups.com
El 19 de diciembre de 2010 02:25, Andrés gutiérrez <andres...@gmail.com> escribió:

2010/12/19 Chris Eppstein <ch...@eppsteins.net>

I have a problem. If i make gem install compass --pre. I don't see the changes make in this commit. How can intall compass from master? i've never do that before.

Andrés gutiérrez

Dec 19, 2010, 6:43:42 AM12/19/10
to compas...@googlegroups.com
El 19 de diciembre de 2010 12:17, Andrés gutiérrez <andres...@gmail.com> escribió:

El 19 de diciembre de 2010 02:25, Andrés gutiérrez <andres...@gmail.com> escribió:

2010/12/19 Chris Eppstein <ch...@eppsteins.net>

I have a problem. If i make gem install compass --pre. I don't see the changes make in this commit. How can intall compass from master? i've never do that before.

Auto response (if not is the way, please tell me how):
  1. In Compass repository in Github select Branch Master. In the right of the UI there is a big buttom that say "Download". Click this :) Download a .zip file
  2. Go inside this download folder cd chriseppstein-compass-2aa2baf/
  3. gem build compass.gemspec
  4. gem install compass-0.11.alpha.4.gem
And that's all the last commit is compiled to use. Is that ok?