tvtwm patchlevel 2 available

Tom LaStrange

Sep 5, 1990, 9:54:43 AM9/5/90
Official patch 2 will be showing up in comp.sources.x soon. Many thanks
to all those who reported bugs and sent patches. My mailbox runneth over :-)
The following bugs have been fixed.

1. Not passing addresses of structs in call to XSetWMProperties.
2. Resizing windows doesn't work properly in other quadrants
of the Virtual Desktop.
3. Stray outlines could be left during panning operations.
4. Expose events flushed when painting the panner.
5. Various gcc complaints fixed.
6. f.zoom functions now work in other quadrants of desktop.
7. Less than full screenfuls panned via ScrollDistanceX and ScrollDistanceY.
8. DontMoveOff now works.
9. Panner out of sync following f.circle commands.
10. Unsticking a normally sticky window wasn't remembered on restart.
11. New command called f.scroll "position".

I'm not sure what the proper procedure is for sources on expo but rather
than put the patch up there, I have placed a new copy of the source in
contrib/tvtwm.tar.Z.

--
Tom LaStrange

Solbourne Computer Inc. ARPA: to...@Solbourne.COM
1900 Pike Rd. UUCP: ...!{boulder,sun}!stan!toml
Longmont, CO 80501

J Greely

Sep 5, 1990, 10:15:00 PM9/5/90
In article <1990Sep5.1...@Solbourne.COM> to...@ninja.Solbourne.COM

(Tom LaStrange) writes:
> 11. New command called f.scroll "position".

Fun new feature. My first thought was binding 'f.scroll "-0-0"' to
the "End" key on my sun. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Fortunately,
the fix is trivial:

*** vdt.c.old Wed Sep 5 21:35:10 1990
--- vdt.c Wed Sep 5 22:09:46 1990
***************
*** 767,772 ****
--- 767,776 ----
}
x = abs(x) * Scr->MyDisplayWidth;
y = abs(y) * Scr->MyDisplayHeight;
+ if (status & XNegative)
+ x = Scr->vdtWidth - Scr->MyDisplayWidth - x;
+ if (status & YNegative)
+ y = Scr->vdtHeight - Scr->MyDisplayHeight - y;
break;
case F_SCROLLHOME:
x = 0;

--