Tru64 hobbyist licenses still around?

Spoonified

Aug 24, 2009, 5:30:19 AM8/24/09
I have a couple Personal Workstations that I want to get up and
running with something other then Linux or Windows NT, and the
southbridge on my Manta motherboards are the ones that are not
supported by OpenVMS. I would really like to try out Tru64 or even an
older version of Digital Unix on this system. I saw that there were
Compaq was offering hobbyist licenses for Tru64 for a small fee
several years ago. I have not been able to find that HP is offering
the same but I figured it was worth asking around on.

Thanks,
Michael

Thomas Laus

Aug 24, 2009, 3:39:52 PM8/24/09
I just took a look at the link that I used a few years ago to order a
Tru64 Hobbyist License and it was dead. There were no results searching
the entire HP site as well. I guess that only OpenVMS still has a
hobbyist license for a current release of their operating system.

Tom

--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1

Michael Kraemer

Aug 24, 2009, 4:55:32 PM8/24/09
Spoonified schrieb:

The $99 Tru64 hobbyist program from the Compaq era is long dead.
However, if you happen to have the OS media, you can at least
install, configure and run the OS as root.
If you want more, you'd need the "noncommercial" OSFBASE PAK.

Spoonified

Aug 25, 2009, 7:39:31 PM8/25/09

> The $99 Tru64 hobbyist program from the Compaq era is long dead.
> However, if you happen to have the OS media, you can at least
> install, configure and run the OS as root.
> If you want more, you'd need the "noncommercial" OSFBASE PAK.

I would have no problem just running as root, I guess it is time to
start watching ebay for a media kit to pop up.

-Michael

H Vlems

Sep 6, 2009, 5:56:38 AM9/6/09

If it is just the base kit you're after, mail me at hvlems-at-zonnet-
dot-nl