Solaris dumpstabs equivalent command in linux

Kaushal Rampalli

Aug 18, 2010, 4:54:08 AM8/18/10
Hello group,
dumpstabs is a command in Solaris to dump the
debugging stabs of an object(ELF) file. Is there any equivalent
command in Linux? I came across this readelf, but the outputs are
grossly different in both the cases. Any pointers would be quite
helpful.

Thank you,
Kaushal.

Alan Curry

Aug 18, 2010, 6:12:53 PM8/18/10
In article <29c406e4-612a-40e5...@v35g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,

stabs is an obsolete format. Since gcc 3, DWARF is the default debugging
format. You can use gcc -gstabs and objdump -g but really you should try
to catch up. DWARF is here to stay.

--
Alan Curry

Kaushal Rampalli

Aug 19, 2010, 12:53:46 AM8/19/10
On Aug 19, 3:12 am, pac...@kosh.dhis.org (Alan Curry) wrote:
> In article <29c406e4-612a-40e5-b296-5c81f67e1...@v35g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,

> Kaushal Rampalli  <kausha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello group,
> >                 dumpstabs is a command in Solaris to dump the
> >debugging stabs of an object(ELF) file. Is there any equivalent
> >command in Linux? I came across this readelf, but the outputs are
> >grossly different in both the cases. Any pointers would be quite
> >helpful.
>
> stabs is an obsolete format. Since gcc 3, DWARF is the default debugging
> format. You can use gcc -gstabs and objdump -g but really you should try
> to catch up. DWARF is here to stay.
>
> --
> Alan Curry

Thank you Alan.