Email link with hyperref, url packages

Michael Prager

Aug 3, 2006, 5:34:46 PM8/3/06
I need to insert email links into PDF output. I have been doing
this with

\url{mailto: na...@xxx.com}

and using hyperref. This works fine; the objection is that the
"mailto:" shows up in the output. Is there a way to have

\url{na...@xxx.com}

implicitly recognized as an email address (rather than a file)
by hyperref?

Thanks!

--
Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC
Address spam-trapped; remove color to reply.

Dirk

Aug 3, 2006, 6:21:28 PM8/3/06
Michael Prager wrote:
> I need to insert email links into PDF output. I have been doing
> this with
>
> \url{mailto: na...@xxx.com}
>
> and using hyperref. This works fine; the objection is that the
> "mailto:" shows up in the output. Is there a way to have
>
> \url{na...@xxx.com}
>
> implicitly recognized as an email address (rather than a file)
> by hyperref?
>
> Thanks!

using hyperref, you can do this:
\href{mailto:ma...@nomail.com}{ma...@nomail.com}

Dirk

Heiko Oberdiek

Aug 3, 2006, 6:27:15 PM8/3/06
Michael Prager <Mike.Prag...@noaa.gov> wrote:

> I need to insert email links into PDF output. I have been doing
> this with
>
> \url{mailto: na...@xxx.com}
>
> and using hyperref. This works fine; the objection is that the
> "mailto:" shows up in the output.

\href{mailto:na...@xxx.com}{\nolinkurl{na...@xxx.com}}

Yours sincerely
Heiko <ober...@uni-freiburg.de>

Dirk

Aug 3, 2006, 6:45:34 PM8/3/06

What does the \nolinkurl do, and is it "wrong" if I don't use it (eg
\href{mailto:na...@xxx.com}{na...@xxx.com}? The output is not entirely the
same but similar (there are blue link boxes, and the text and mailto are
appearing in both cases...)

Dirk

Heiko Oberdiek

Aug 3, 2006, 7:54:12 PM8/3/06
Dirk <dirk.vanhert...@ieee.org.invalid> wrote:

Font style, ...
\nolinkurl is under control of url.sty.

Yours sincerely
Heiko <ober...@uni-freiburg.de>

Mike.Prager

Aug 4, 2006, 4:40:32 PM8/4/06
Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

> > I need to insert email links into PDF output. I have been doing
> > this with
> >
> > \url{mailto: na...@xxx.com}
> >
> > and using hyperref. This works fine; the objection is that the
> > "mailto:" shows up in the output.
>
> \href{mailto:na...@xxx.com}{\nolinkurl{na...@xxx.com}}

THANKS to Heiko and to Dirk for their replies, and also to
Heiko for his excellent work on Hyperref!

Regards,
Mike