Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

CTAN Announcements

ungelesen,
14.02.2010, 13:19:1414.02.10
an ctan...@dante.de
Philipp Lehman wrote:

> I've uploaded 'biblatex.tar.gz' to the incoming directory of the UK
> node. This is an update for macros/latex/exptl/biblatex. As of this
> release, I will also be preparing a biblatex.tds.zip file for
> install/macros/latex/exptl. Please purge the old files, install the
> new ones, and announce the upload as usual.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> RELEASE NOTES
>
> This version is not fully backwards compatible!
> See the file RELEASE for details before installing this version!
>
> Note that this release comes with a biblatex.tds.zip file which
> simplifies the installation process.
>
> CHANGES
>
> Please refer to the full list at the end of biblatex.pdf and to the
> release notes.

thanks for the upload (my wife, at the other side of the room was
startled by my excited cry "we've got a new biblatex! i had guessed it
would be 0.9). i've installed the new version and updated the catalogue
repository. (i also installed CTAN:install/macros/latex/exptl/biblatex.tds.zip)

Users may view the package's catalogue entry at
http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/biblatex.html
or browse the package's directory at
http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/biblatex macros/latex/exptl/biblatex/

The catalogue entry will change (somewhat) overnight tonight.

Robin Fairbairns

For the CTAN team

CTAN Announcements

ungelesen,
14.02.2010, 13:30:3414.02.10
an ctan...@dante.de
in my excitement, i wrote

> Users may view the package's catalogue entry at
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/biblatex.html
> or browse the package's directory at
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/biblatex macros/latex/exptl/biblatex/

that last should be:

> http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/exptl/biblatex/

sorry for that, folks.

Philipp Stephani

ungelesen,
14.02.2010, 14:49:5114.02.10
an
CTAN Announcements <ctan...@dante.de> writes:

Great! :-)

--
Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail.

Simon Spiegel

ungelesen,
15.02.2010, 13:12:4015.02.10
an

Thanks for this excellent release. A question for Philipp (or anyone
else in the know): The new date machinery now handles date ranges,
which is nice. Is there also a way to define a range where only the
first part is given? I need this, for example, for ongoing TV series
which I would like to display like this: THE SERIES. ABC, 2007– . This
could also be useful for multime volume book projects which are not yet
finished. Is this doable?

Simon

Philipp Lehman

ungelesen,
15.02.2010, 14:48:2115.02.10
an
Simon Spiegel wrote:

> Is there also a way to define a range where only the
> first part is given?

Yes, there is. I forgot to mention this in the docs. You can specify
open ended date ranges by giving the range separator and omitting the
end date:

date = {2007/}

This will be rendered as "2007--" (really "2007\bibdatedash")

> I need this, for example, for ongoing TV series
> which I would like to display like this: THE SERIES. ABC, 2007– .

If the space after the dash is not a typo but intended, you'd need to
add it in your style. The heuristics for detecting open ended ranges
are simple. If the range is open ended, the "endyear" component is
defined but empty.

\printdate
\iffieldequalstr{endyear}{}
{\addspace}
{}%

--
Sender address blackholed; do not reply to From: address.
You can still reach me by email at: lehman gmx net.

Simon Spiegel

ungelesen,
15.02.2010, 15:54:1715.02.10
an
On 2010-02-15 20:48:21 +0100, Philipp Lehman said:

> Simon Spiegel wrote:
>
>> Is there also a way to define a range where only the
>> first part is given?
>
> Yes, there is. I forgot to mention this in the docs. You can specify
> open ended date ranges by giving the range separator and omitting the
> end date:
>
> date = {2007/}
>
> This will be rendered as "2007--" (really "2007\bibdatedash")

Interesting, this doesn't seem to work with biber, but only with
bibtex. Seems to be a biber bug. I'll file a bug report.

Thanks

Simon

Simon Spiegel

ungelesen,
19.02.2010, 02:38:5919.02.10
an
On 2010-02-15 20:48:21 +0100, Philipp Lehman said:

> Simon Spiegel wrote:
>
>> Is there also a way to define a range where only the
>> first part is given?
>
> Yes, there is. I forgot to mention this in the docs. You can specify
> open ended date ranges by giving the range separator and omitting the
> end date:
>
> date = {2007/}
>
> This will be rendered as "2007--" (really "2007\bibdatedash")
>
>> I need this, for example, for ongoing TV series
>> which I would like to display like this: THE SERIES. ABC, 2007– .
>
> If the space after the dash is not a typo but intended, you'd need to
> add it in your style. The heuristics for detecting open ended ranges
> are simple. If the range is open ended, the "endyear" component is
> defined but empty.
>
> \printdate
> \iffieldequalstr{endyear}{}
> {\addspace}
> {}%

Another question: I regularly see the following warning:

Package biblatex Warning: Value out of range
(biblatex) at entry 'sklovskij.v:1969a' on input line 10.

The document typesets nicely, so it's not really a problem. But what
value does this warning refer to?

Simon

0 neue Nachrichten