Fairlight 2 - A Trail of Darkness: does anyone remember...

Jerry

May 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/19/00
I'm in part II. I've collected all the keys, the flying carpet, and some
potion (from a shelf hanging in the air) and I've reached what I think is
the final door. It's guarded by a non-moving spectre. I'm sure that to end
the game I have to get rid of the "monk" and enter the door, but I can't
kill it. I tried dropping the potion on it (like in Fairlight I), but it
doesn't work. Does anyone remember how you were supposed to defeat the
"monk" and end the game?

Jim Grimwood

May 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/19/00
On Fri, 19 May 2000 14:21:40 GMT, "Jerry" <jerr...@poczta.onet.pl>
wrote:

>[...] Does anyone remember how you were supposed to defeat the

>"monk" and end the game?

The info file at:
http://www.icemark.ch/zx/SSD-II/ssd2show.cgi?dFile=f/fairlight2.ssd
might help, although I haven't checked it.

--
Another Fine Product from:
Jim Grimwood (ji...@globalnet.co.uk), Weardale, England

Matthew Wilson

May 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/20/00
wrote:

>I'm in part II. I've collected all the keys, the flying carpet, and some

>potion (from a shelf hanging in the air) and I've reached what I think is
>the final door. It's guarded by a non-moving spectre. I'm sure that to end
>the game I have to get rid of the "monk" and enter the door, but I can't
>kill it. I tried dropping the potion on it (like in Fairlight I), but it

>doesn't work. Does anyone remember how you were supposed to defeat the

>"monk" and end the game?

In the first half of the game there are some potions in rooms with
three moving slabs. Is it anything to do with those?

That's just a guess by the way, I never got very far into the second
half myself.

Matthew Wilson

W R Bennett

May 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/22/00
In the referenced article, "Jerry" <jerr...@poczta.onet.pl> writes:
>Thanks for the help guys. I've finally figured it out - you're supposed to
>drop the spiked ball on the monk, and then do the same to next two ones, and
>a bat that will show up in the final chamber. The Book of Light is there.
>One thing remains, though - I've completed the game now, I entered the final
>door with the Book, and I got the message "Press Play on Tape"... and the
>ending won't load. I tried both the TAP and TZX versions, with various emus,
>and it's always the same. I just don't know if it's the emulators' flaw, or
>if the "perfect TZX copy" that I got from WoS isn't so perfect after all...

OH BASTARD!!!! Bastard, bastard, bastard. My original tape copy of FLII
didn't load that screen either (cos it was pirated, rather than
"original", ahem...) and for years I've been wondering what that screen
looked like. I downloaded the TAP and always told myself that some day
I'd get round to playing it all the way through again just so I could see
what that damn screen was. Bugger, bugger (exits mumbling to self in an
irritated manner.......)

Bill Bennett