ZXSpin 0.7 public testing

zxbruno

Oct 31, 2009, 2:50:17 PM10/31/09
Quoting Dunny:

"Ok, now that the private testing phase is over, I need to get more
people testing ZXSpin 0.7

I am not terribly interested in emulation problems, because this is a
test of the new display modes. I want as many different computer
configurations to test this as possible.

Direct3D is the mode you all want to test first. Other modes are
provided in case your card is not up to snuff. Edit: DirectDraw and
GDI will be very, very slow compared to Direct3D. They have to do
pretty much everything in software. You have been warned.

Scalers (Scale2x, hq2x, 2xSAI, Super2xSAI, SuperEagle) are implemented
and work at any resolution. Scanlines will increase memory
requirements. A new mode (Filter Blurring Reduction) will make your
images less blurry, but incur a huge video-memory penalty. Aspect
ratio options means that your image is no longer stretched to fit your
widescreen monitor.

When all the bugs in the new display routines are fixed, I'll get to
adding the new features in. I'm not saying what those will be.

Go get it here:

http://sites.google.com/site/pauldunn/ZXSpin_07i.zip

Make sure you install it into its' own folder. It doesn't play happily
with previous versions of ZXSpin.

Known bugs/issues:

Marko is working on the assembler - avoid for now.
GDI Mode will not return you to your desktop screen resolution unless
you specify that in the fullscreen resolution options.
Intel graphics cards (those crappy integrated ones) cannot handle D3D.
You can try it if you like.
Cropped aspect mode does weird things with the border. I know.
Some PCs may find that spin runs slow. This is under investigation.
You may experience purple displays with some scalers. Let me know how
you did it if it happens.
Lightgun emulation is disable for now.

D. "

If you test full-screen, use F4 to exit it.

Cheers.

Jan Matulewicz

Oct 31, 2009, 6:00:07 PM10/31/09
In article <cf800f6d-c80a-439a-91f4-0627abd9583f@
12g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, zxspec...@gmail.com says...

System:

Dell Inspiron lappy, Dual Core Pentium running @ 2.6Ghz 320GB HDD, 4GB
Mem, Mobile intel Graphics series 4.

OS: Win7.

Looks good, plays great, just one minor minor thing which isnt a massive
issue, the interface buttons seem to be an odd shade of brown?

anyways...

keep it up..

Cerberus

Matthew Westcott

Oct 31, 2009, 6:45:15 PM10/31/09
Jan Matulewicz wrote:

> Looks good, plays great, just one minor minor thing which isnt a massive
> issue, the interface buttons seem to be an odd shade of brown?

Firstly, you really didn't need to quote the entire post just to say that.

Secondly - I believe that's a one-night-only Halloween theme...

Dylan Smith

Nov 5, 2009, 1:42:07 PM11/5/09
On 2009-10-31, Matthew Westcott <gas...@raww.org> wrote:
> Jan Matulewicz wrote:
>
>> Looks good, plays great, just one minor minor thing which isnt a massive
>> issue, the interface buttons seem to be an odd shade of brown?
>
> Secondly - I believe that's a one-night-only Halloween theme...

Brown? Surely that's a Commodore 64 theme?

zxbruno

Nov 7, 2009, 2:37:25 PM11/7/09

Zak!

Nov 10, 2009, 11:40:57 AM11/10/09
Nice release!
I think that is the best zx spectum emulator!
I want to put in my arcade cabinet:
http://spazioinwind.libero.it/ea/invenzioni/cabinato/
The problems is that differently to mame zx spectum has different joystick
or only keyboard...
so every game should have a different config. (There is no keyboard on the
cabinet)
I found that executing zxspin in commandline adding the name of a game or of
a config with full path the zxspin starts loading this game or this
config...
But is not possible to do both:
For example
C:\emu\zxspin>ZXSpin.exe c:\emu\zxspin\snap\manicminer3D-demo.z80
works well
C:\emu\zxspin>ZXSpin.exe c:\emu\zxspin\48kem.spincfg
works well
but
C:\emu\zxspin>ZXSpin.exe c:\emu\zxspin\snap\manicminer3D-demo.z80
c:\emu\zxspin\48kem.spincfg
doesn't work
say cannot find the filed specified 48kem.spincfg
How to resolve? Any suggestion?

p.s. loading config with commandline change only some parameters:
last time that spin is executed was a 48k spectrum with kempston joystick if
i load a cfg with 128kspectrum and sinclair joystik only joystik is changed.
i should close and reopen zxspin to go in 128k mode.

I hope that somebody can help me.
Best regards Enrico.

pedigo...@yahoo.com

Jul 29, 2016, 1:22:20 PM7/29/16
z80 assembler lets me write code but won't run it