Crashes with Snow Leopard

Snit

Sep 15, 2009, 3:05:56 PM9/15/09
I have had more crashes with programs on Snow Leopard than I ever had on
Leopard. Rather disappointing. Mostly when saving video formats, but also
sometimes when saving images (such as Save for Web and Devices in
Photoshop). Also sometimes when opening files, such as with Sound Studio
when I try to open MOV files.

Have seen a number of reports showing similar behavior. Anyone else run
into this? It happens in multiple accounts. I did not do an archive and
install installation - that will be my next step, though that will likely
lead to having to install some software. Already cleaned out my /Library of
any third party stuff and, just in case I wiped out some Apple stuff too,
then re-installed Snow Leopard. No change.

I like many things about Snow Leopard - but an increased number of crashes
is not worth it. I suspect I missed some third party component... maybe
something tied to QuickTime. Anyone have any non-trolling ideas /
experience / resources to suggest a fix?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Lloyd Parsons

Sep 15, 2009, 3:50:44 PM9/15/09
In article <C6D533A4.48118%use...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

I wish I could help, but I don't do video.

So far, no crashes. I run Sibelius, Finale and SmartScore most of the
time and those have been flawless with one exception, SmartScore's
scanning interface. Sometimes it will crash SmartScore, but if I scan
in with my scanner's software and feed the tif to it, it never burps.

And I also use a few daily programs with no issues with them either.
Mail, Safari and MT-Newswatcher being the most used.

Snit

Sep 15, 2009, 4:01:31 PM9/15/09
Lloyd Parsons stated in post
lloydparsons-8779...@port80.individual.net on 9/15/09 12:50
PM:

From the reports I have read, the crashes are not hitting everyone. I have
also tried removing external hard drives, but have not removed all of my
extra USB devices. Not sure why those would do this, but will try that.
Also removed my third party mouse driver... no change. Rather annoying,
frankly.

There are some crashes which are completely reproducible:

<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/SoundStudio.mov>

That one is weird in that it does different things if I open it with
Rosetta... for most it makes no difference.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

MuahMan

Sep 15, 2009, 4:04:08 PM9/15/09

Roll back the install. That's what I did. Snow Leopard is TERRIBLE.

Lloyd Parsons

Sep 15, 2009, 4:35:50 PM9/15/09
In article <C6D540AB.48138%use...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

Which kernel are you booting with? If it is 64-bit, then take it back
to 32-bit and see if that makes a difference.

I was going to suggest opening sound studio and then bringing the file
in, but I see it crashed when you tried opening it without a file.

Snit

Sep 15, 2009, 4:54:36 PM9/15/09
Lloyd Parsons stated in post
lloydparsons-D151...@port80.individual.net on 9/15/09 1:35 PM:

Booting with 32 bit... have not even tried the 64 bit. Just to check that I
was not somehow getting into the 64 bit, checked Activity Monitor - it lists
"kernel_task" as Intel and not Intel (64 bit), so I assume that means I can
cross that one off the list. Good idea though. :)

> I was going to suggest opening sound studio and then bringing the file
> in, but I see it crashed when you tried opening it without a file.

No, it crashes only when I open a file with it... but does so even if I use
File > Open.

Oddly enough, just tried Audacity and it does the same thing. Have not
tested it as fully - but crashes when I bring in a file. I am thinking I
left some old QuickTime junk someplace... but have checked and cleared the
main places they would be. Will likely do an archive and install.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

John

Sep 15, 2009, 11:27:54 PM9/15/09

Not seeing any crashes on this end. But I have been updating my
programs as updates become available.

Snit

Sep 15, 2009, 11:33:24 PM9/15/09
John stated in post NNmdnV8s-v-nxi3X...@giganews.com on 9/15/09
8:27 PM:

My programs have all been updated - but still running into problems. It
seems to be tied to QuickTime. I do run both Perian and Flip4Mac WMV.
Maybe I should disable both. From web reports it is clear that what I am
seeing is not unheard of but certainly not universal.

Perian has a simple "Uninstall" button... wish Flip4Mac did. Not a huge
deal...

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Sep 16, 2009, 12:17:48 AM9/16/09
John stated in post NNmdnV8s-v-nxi3X...@giganews.com on 9/15/09
8:27 PM:

> Snit wrote:

Have now tried Safe Boot, removing all USB/FireWire devices (other than
mouse and keyboard), new user, removed some old audio components, cleared
caches ...

No luck.

Grrrr.....

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

David Fritzinger

Sep 16, 2009, 12:58:57 AM9/16/09
In article <NNmdnV8s-v-nxi3X...@giganews.com>,
John <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

I have seen one Kernal Panic, caused by a program called MacPyMol. It
seems the program doesn't like the ATI video card in my iMac at work,
but, of course, I can't change the video card. Most of the time MacPyMol
works fine, however. I did have one strange Finder crash, but it
restarted itself, and all was fine. No real problems with programs
crashing (including some old programs, like Canvas X, Office 2004, and
PhotoShop CS).

--
Dave Fritzinger
Honolulu, HI

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 2:15:21 PM9/16/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

Do a clean install of Windows 7 after you wipe your hard drive.

Snit

Sep 16, 2009, 2:29:08 PM9/16/09
Rotten Apple stated in post h8r9vq$vgi$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 11:15
AM:

>>> I was going to suggest opening sound studio and then bringing the file
>>> in, but I see it crashed when you tried opening it without a file.
>>
>> No, it crashes only when I open a file with it... but does so even if I
>> use
>> File > Open.
>>
>> Oddly enough, just tried Audacity and it does the same thing. Have not
>> tested it as fully - but crashes when I bring in a file. I am thinking I
>> left some old QuickTime junk someplace... but have checked and cleared the
>> main places they would be. Will likely do an archive and install.
>
> Do a clean install of Windows 7 after you wipe your hard drive.

Would not work to run the software I need. For what it is worth, though, I
have been having crashes with Windows 7 as well - change the screen
resolution, for example, when running Backgammon and the program crashes.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 2:59:54 PM9/16/09

> Rotten Apple stated in post h8r9vq$vgi$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09
> 11:15
> AM:

>>> No, it crashes only when I open a file with it... but does so even if I
>>> use
>>> File > Open.
>>>
>>> Oddly enough, just tried Audacity and it does the same thing. Have not
>>> tested it as fully - but crashes when I bring in a file. I am thinking
>>> left some old QuickTime junk someplace... but have checked and cleared
>>> the
>>> main places they would be. Will likely do an archive and install.
>>
>> Do a clean install of Windows 7 after you wipe your hard drive.
>
> Would not work to run the software I need.

Sure it would.

> For what it is worth, though, I
> have been having crashes with Windows 7 as well - change the screen
> resolution, for example, when running Backgammon and the program crashes.

Stop running it on top of Mac OSX and those problems will go away. Wipe
your hard drive and do a clean install of Windows 7.

Snit

Sep 16, 2009, 3:14:36 PM9/16/09
Rotten Apple stated in post h8rcjb$45q$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 11:59
AM:

> "Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message
>> Rotten Apple stated in post h8r9vq$vgi$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09
>> 11:15
>> AM:

>>> Do a clean install of Windows 7 after you wipe your hard drive.
>>
>> Would not work to run the software I need.
>
> Sure it would.

Nope. No ScreenFlow (sorry, Camtasia does not fit my needs), no Tofu (a
biggie for ease reading on screen), not sure about the ability to post
videos to MobileMe, inferior system color selector for Photoshop, no Pages
(also use MS Word, but Pages does some thing better), no Keynote (PowerPoint
is severely limited for my needs), etc.

>> For what it is worth, though, I
>> have been having crashes with Windows 7 as well - change the screen
>> resolution, for example, when running Backgammon and the program crashes.
>
> Stop running it on top of Mac OSX and those problems will go away. Wipe
> your hard drive and do a clean install of Windows 7.

Yawn.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 3:17:16 PM9/16/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

There's nothing there anybody needs.

Wipe your hard drive and do a clean install of Windows 7.

>>> For what it is worth, though, I
>>> have been having crashes with Windows 7 as well - change the screen
>>> resolution, for example, when running Backgammon and the program
>>> crashes.
>>
>> Stop running it on top of Mac OSX and those problems will go away. Wipe
>> your hard drive and do a clean install of Windows 7.
>
> Yawn.

Your meds are kicking your ass again.

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 3:19:57 PM9/16/09

"David Fritzinger" <dfri...@nospamtome.hotmail.com> wrote in message

Throw your Mac into a trash compactor.

Snit

Sep 16, 2009, 3:47:46 PM9/16/09
Rotten Apple stated in post h8rdju$666$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 12:17
PM:

>>> Sure it would.
>>
>> Nope. No ScreenFlow (sorry, Camtasia does not fit my needs), no Tofu (a
>> biggie for ease reading on screen), not sure about the ability to post videos
>> to MobileMe, inferior system color selector for Photoshop, no Pages (also use
>> MS Word, but Pages does some thing better), no Keynote (PowerPoint is
>> severely limited for my needs), etc.
>
> There's nothing there anybody needs.

Now we know how little you know of computers. Thanks!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 3:54:57 PM9/16/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

How many of your personalities does that "we" represent?

Snit

Sep 16, 2009, 4:08:53 PM9/16/09
Rotten Apple stated in post h8rfqi$9o0$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 12:54
PM:

Nice attempt at a change of topic with a silly grade school insult!

But that does not change the fact you have shown how little you understand
about how people use computers.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 4:18:37 PM9/16/09

> Rotten Apple stated in post h8rfqi$9o0$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09
> 12:54
> PM:
>

>> "Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message
>>> Rotten Apple stated in post h8rdju$666$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09
>>> 12:17
>>> PM:

>>> Now we know how little you know of computers. Thanks!
>>>
>> How many of your personalities does that "we" represent?
>>
> Nice attempt at a change of topic with a silly grade school insult!

You're giving yourself too much credit. Your silly grade school insult was
a poor attempt to change the subject.

> But that does not change the fact you have shown how little you understand
> about how people use computers.

That silly grade school insult didn't work for you the first time, so why
bother repeating it?

Snit

Sep 16, 2009, 4:26:01 PM9/16/09
Rotten Apple stated in post h8rh6u$c0k$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 1:18
PM:

I listed specific programs / features which are important to me:
* ScreenFlow (Letting you know Camtasia would not do)
* Tofu
* Ability to post to MobileMe
* Advanced color selection tools
* iWork (especially Keynote but Pages, too)

You claimed those things were not needed by *anybody*. I noted how this
shows your lack of understanding... and you claimed to disagree - but have
not said why or how. In the end, you have nothing of value to add. You
likely have no idea why those things would be valued.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 4:35:34 PM9/16/09

> I ...

... made a silly grade school insult. It's still above.

Never mind try to drag me into one of your drug-induced delusions.

Snit

Sep 16, 2009, 4:39:53 PM9/16/09
Rotten Apple stated in post h8ri6n$dl8$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 1:35
PM:

>> I listed specific programs / features which are important to me:
>> * ScreenFlow (Letting you know Camtasia would not do)
>> * Tofu
>> * Ability to post to MobileMe
>> * Advanced color selection tools
>> * iWork (especially Keynote but Pages, too)
>>
>> You claimed those things were not needed by *anybody*. I noted how this
>> shows your lack of understanding... and you claimed to disagree - but have
>> not said why or how. In the end, you have nothing of value to add. You
>> likely have no idea why those things would be valued.
>

> ... made a silly grade school insult. It's still above.
>

> Never mind try to drag me into one of your drug-induced delusions.

Gee, you snipped and ran. How proud you must be... to come up with such a
clever way to dodge talking about your own BS. Bet nobody else has ever
done that. LOL!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 4:51:09 PM9/16/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

Your crap.

> and ran.

I'm still here.

> How proud you must be...

To not be you.

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 5:04:17 PM9/16/09

Wipe your hard drive and do a clean install of Windows 7.

Snit

Sep 16, 2009, 5:05:14 PM9/16/09
Rotten Apple stated in post h8rj3v$f56$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 1:51
PM:

>> Gee, you snipped
>
> Your crap.
>
>> and ran.
>
> I'm still here.
>
>> How proud you must be...
>
> To not be you.

I listed specific programs / features which are important to me:
* ScreenFlow (Letting you know Camtasia would not do)
* Tofu
* Ability to post to MobileMe
* Advanced color selection tools
* iWork (especially Keynote but Pages, too)

You claimed those things were not needed by *anybody*. I noted how this
shows your lack of understanding... and you claimed to disagree - but have
not said why or how. In the end, you have nothing of value to add. You
likely have no idea why those things would be valued.

And you keep proving me right.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Sep 16, 2009, 5:18:02 PM9/16/09
Rotten Apple stated in post h8rjsi$g66$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 2:04
PM:

>>> Not seeing any crashes on this end. But I have been updating my
>>> programs as updates become available.
>>
>> Have now tried Safe Boot, removing all USB/FireWire devices (other than
>> mouse and keyboard), new user, removed some old audio components, cleared
>> caches ...
>>
>> No luck.
>>
>> Grrrr.....
>
> Wipe your hard drive and do a clean install of Windows 7.

What an original reply from you! You are just so amazingly clever.

In any case, if there are any non-trolls who are reading this: Apple has
acknowledged the problem and is working on a fix. If you run into it,
please send crash reports to Apple.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 5:28:31 PM9/16/09

> Rotten Apple stated in post h8rj3v$f56$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 1:51
> PM:

>>> Gee, you snipped
>>
>> Your crap.
>>
>>> and ran.
>>
>> I'm still here.
>>
>>> How proud you must be...
>>
>> To not be you.
>>

> I listed specific programs / features which are important to me:

You'll change your mind once you get your dosage adjusted for your meds.

> * ScreenFlow (Letting you know Camtasia would not do)
> * Tofu
> * Ability to post to MobileMe
> * Advanced color selection tools
> * iWork (especially Keynote but Pages, too)

Nobody needs those.

> You claimed those things were not needed by *anybody*.

Correct.

> I noted how this
> shows your lack of understanding...

You made a grade school insult.

> and you claimed to disagree - but have
> not said why or how.

You're wiping your hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 7.
That's all you need to know.

> In the end, you have nothing of value to add. You
> likely have no idea why those things would be valued.
>
> And you keep proving me right.

You're problably having another panic attack. You'll realize how wrong you
are when it's over.

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 5:30:38 PM9/16/09

> Rotten Apple stated in post h8rjsi$g66$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 2:04
> PM:

>>> Have now tried Safe Boot, removing all USB/FireWire devices (other than
>>> mouse and keyboard), new user, removed some old audio components,
>>> cleared
>>> caches ...
>>>
>>> No luck.
>>>
>>> Grrrr.....
>>
>> Wipe your hard drive and do a clean install of Windows 7.
>
> What an original reply from you! You are just so amazingly clever.

So true.

> In any case, if there are any non-trolls who are reading this: Apple has
> acknowledged the problem and is working on a fix. If you run into it,
> please send crash reports to Apple.

Use IE8 running on your fresh install of Windows 7 to send those reports to
Apple.

Snit

Sep 16, 2009, 5:43:16 PM9/16/09
Rotten Apple stated in post h8rldv$is3$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 2:30
PM:

> "Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message
>> Rotten Apple stated in post h8rjsi$g66$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 2:04
>> PM:

>> In any case, if there are any non-trolls who are reading this: Apple has
>> acknowledged the problem and is working on a fix. If you run into it,
>> please send crash reports to Apple.
>
> Use IE8 running on your fresh install of Windows 7 to send those reports to
> Apple.

What an amazingly poor piece of advice.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Sep 16, 2009, 5:45:44 PM9/16/09
Rotten Apple stated in post h8rla0$icr$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 2:28
PM:

>> I listed specific programs / features which are important to me:
>>

>> * ScreenFlow (Letting you know Camtasia would not do)
>> * Tofu
>> * Ability to post to MobileMe
>> * Advanced color selection tools
>> * iWork (especially Keynote but Pages, too)
>
> Nobody needs those.
>
>> You claimed those things were not needed by *anybody*.
>
> Correct.

Yet you cannot explain why... and since you are clearly wrong (unless you
are being pedantic with the word "need"), you are simply showing your
ignorance.

>> I noted how this
>> shows your lack of understanding...
>
> You made a grade school insult.

Noting someone is ignorant of a fact is not an insult. I am ignorant of
many things... details of brain surgery, for example.

>> and you claimed to disagree - but have
>> not said why or how.
>
> You're wiping your hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 7.
> That's all you need to know.

See how you have nothing of value to add.

>> In the end, you have nothing of value to add. You
>> likely have no idea why those things would be valued.
>>
>> And you keep proving me right.
>
> You're problably having another panic attack. You'll realize how wrong you
> are when it's over.

You keep proving me right. Of course, all you care about is getting
attention. Boring.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 5:49:35 PM9/16/09

> Rotten Apple stated in post h8rldv$is3$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 2:30
> PM:
>

>> "Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message
>>> Rotten Apple stated in post h8rjsi$g66$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09
>>> 2:04
>>> PM:

>>> What an original reply from you! You are just so amazingly clever.
>
>> So true.
>

>>> In any case, if there are any non-trolls who are reading this: Apple has
>>> acknowledged the problem and is working on a fix. If you run into it,
>>> please send crash reports to Apple.
>>
>> Use IE8 running on your fresh install of Windows 7 to send those reports
>> Apple.
>
> What an amazingly poor piece of advice.

Bothering with Apple's problems is poor advice. Just enjoy your fresh
install of Windows 7 and forget about Apple.

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 5:56:46 PM9/16/09

> Rotten Apple stated in post h8rla0$icr$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 2:28
> PM:
>
>>> I listed specific programs / features which are important to me:
>>>
>>> * ScreenFlow (Letting you know Camtasia would not do)
>>> * Tofu
>>> * Ability to post to MobileMe
>>> * Advanced color selection tools
>>> * iWork (especially Keynote but Pages, too)
>>
>> Nobody needs those.
>>
>>> You claimed those things were not needed by *anybody*.
>>
>> Correct.
>
> Yet you cannot explain why...

Not down to your level.

> and since you are clearly wrong

To waste time with your posts.

> (unless you
> are being pedantic with the word "need"), you are simply showing your
> ignorance.

Your meds are talking again.

>>> I noted how this
>>> shows your lack of understanding...
>>
>> You made a grade school insult.
>
> Noting someone is ignorant of a fact is not an insult.

If that someone is you.

> I am ignorant of many things...

Of course!

> details of brain surgery, for example.

Also of computers, ethics, morals, logic, simple arithmetic, the list is
endless.

>>> and you claimed to disagree - but have
>>> not said why or how.
>>
>> You're wiping your hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 7.
>> That's all you need to know.
>
> See how you have nothing of value to add.

See how wrong you are.

>>> In the end, you have nothing of value to add. You
>>> likely have no idea why those things would be valued.
>>>
>>> And you keep proving me right.
>>
>> You're problably having another panic attack. You'll realize how wrong
>> you
>> are when it's over.
>
> You keep proving me right. Of course, all you care about is getting
> attention. Boring.

Breathe into a paper bag until you stop hyperventilating.

Snit

Snit

Sep 16, 2009, 6:10:24 PM9/16/09
Rotten Apple stated in post h8rmhg$kfe$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 2:49
PM:

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 6:20:30 PM9/16/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

Now that you realize your errors you can wipe your hard drive and do a clean
install of Windows 7.

Rotten Apple

Sep 16, 2009, 6:21:42 PM9/16/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

Have another bite of Turing's apple.

Snit

Sep 16, 2009, 6:31:01 PM9/16/09
Rotten Apple stated in post h8rodn$ne0$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 3:21
PM:

>> I listed specific programs / features which are important to me:
>> * ScreenFlow (Letting you know Camtasia would not do)
>> * Tofu
>> * Ability to post to MobileMe
>> * Advanced color selection tools
>> * iWork (especially Keynote but Pages, too)
>>
>> You claimed those things were not needed by *anybody*. I noted how this
>> shows your lack of understanding... and you claimed to disagree - but have
>> not said why or how. In the end, you have nothing of value to add. You
>> likely have no idea why those things would be valued.
>>
>> And you keep proving me right.
>
> Have another bite of Turing's apple.

You keep proving me right.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Sep 16, 2009, 6:32:04 PM9/16/09
Rotten Apple stated in post h8robf$nac$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 3:20
PM:

>> I listed specific programs / features which are important to me:
>> * ScreenFlow (Letting you know Camtasia would not do)
>> * Tofu
>> * Ability to post to MobileMe
>> * Advanced color selection tools
>> * iWork (especially Keynote but Pages, too)
>

> Now that you realize your errors you can wipe your hard drive and do a clean
> install of Windows 7.

Hey, I like when people stick to Windows... I make more money from them. :)

Still, I am honest and generally direct people to OS X - but it does, of
course, depend on their needs.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Steve Carroll

Sep 16, 2009, 6:36:15 PM9/16/09
On Sep 16, 3:43 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Rotten Apple stated in post h8rldv$is...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 2:30

> PM:
>

> > "Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message
> >> Rotten Apple stated in post h8rjsi$g6...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 2:04

> >> PM:

> >> In any case, if there are any non-trolls who are reading this: Apple has
> >> acknowledged the problem and is working on a fix.  If you run into it,
> >> please send crash reports to Apple.
>
> > Use IE8 running on your fresh install of Windows 7 to send those reports to
> > Apple.
>
> What an amazingly poor piece of advice.

"Apple is pushing how green this is - but it is clearly disposable...
when
the battery dies you can pretty much just throw it [Macbook Air]
away." - Snit

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/136223bea05212d0?hl=en&dmode=source

Rotten Apple

Sep 17, 2009, 9:43:35 AM9/17/09

> Rotten Apple stated in post h8robf$nac$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/16/09 3:20
> PM:
>
>>> I listed specific programs / features which are important to me:
>>> * ScreenFlow (Letting you know Camtasia would not do)
>>> * Tofu
>>> * Ability to post to MobileMe
>>> * Advanced color selection tools
>>> * iWork (especially Keynote but Pages, too)
>>
>> Now that you realize your errors you can wipe your hard drive and do a
>> clean
>> install of Windows 7.
>
> Hey, I like when people stick to Windows... I make more money from them.
> :)

People who save money with Windows can afford to give more money to
panhandlers?

> Still, I am honest and generally direct people to OS X - but it does, of
> course, depend on their needs.

People accept computer advice given by somebody who's in a drug-induced
delirium?

Snit

Sep 17, 2009, 12:11:19 PM9/17/09
Rotten Apple stated in post h8tee9$3pf$1...@news.albasani.net on 9/17/09 6:43
AM:

You sure beg for my attention a lot. In any case, people and organizations
who use Windows tend to pay about twice as much for tech services... I have
seen this repeatedly in homes and small businesses... including schools.
One school I know of moved from Macs to PCs and ended up having 4x the tech
support costs. I took over the tech support and cut that in half, but that
still was twice as much as their costs were with Macs... and I likely could
have done that for less, too.

My Mac customers generally call with questions on how to work better with
video or questions of what software to get to do pod casting or the like...
Windows users are far more likely, when they first contact me, to be looking
for repair and virus removal services. I get them set up with AVG and
Ad-aware and - usually (almost always) - that keeps them from getting more
malware. Still, such problems are essentially non-existent on OS X.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Rotten Apple

Sep 17, 2009, 3:36:53 PM9/17/09

"Steve Carroll" <fret...@comcast.net> wrote in message

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/136223bea05212d0?hl=en&dmode=source

LOL

John

Sep 17, 2009, 8:35:37 PM9/17/09

No Rotten. Nobody takes advice from you.

Snit

Sep 17, 2009, 8:46:30 PM9/17/09
John stated in post n6GdnekTQZdESC_X...@giganews.com on 9/17/09
5:35 PM:

I have not been following Rotton... is he/she/it a sock of a well known
troll?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

John

Sep 17, 2009, 8:54:02 PM9/17/09

He seems to be technically incompetent so I am assuming it is a sock
puppet for Steve De Mena.

Snit

Sep 17, 2009, 8:55:07 PM9/17/09
John stated in post pqydnSDxrdW2Ry_X...@giganews.com on 9/17/09
5:54 PM:

I was thinking a different Steve... but Rotten is not just targeting me. So
maybe not. Some of the same BS though.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Wally

Sep 18, 2009, 8:57:49 AM9/18/09
On 18/9/09 8:55 AM, in article C6D8287B.48715%use...@gallopinginsanity.com,
"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

Don't you ever get fed up with being wrong so often due to your obsession
with "a different Steve"?

"I suspect you each are talking about different Steve's."-Snit

You were wrong then too!