Laptop won't boot from WinXP CD

Atropos

Mar 12, 2003, 1:37:16 PM3/12/03
I've just got a new laptop from Novatech, without XP as I have this on a CD.

When I put the CD in to boot from it it flashes up

"Boot CD-ROM Type : Non-Emulation Booting" and then hangs.

Anybody help on this?

Cheers

Chris Oates

Mar 12, 2003, 1:55:04 PM3/12/03

"Atropos" <no_sp...@durnovaria.net> wrote in message

> I've just got a new laptop from Novatech, without XP as I have this on a
CD.

> When I put the CD in to boot from it it flashes up
>
> "Boot CD-ROM Type : Non-Emulation Booting" and then hangs.

can you start it with a floppy and
then run setup from the CD ?

Atropos

Mar 12, 2003, 1:58:21 PM3/12/03

"Chris Oates" <CUTchri...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Haven't got a floppy drive yet :(

Barry Watzman

Mar 12, 2003, 2:44:40 PM3/12/03
Will it boot from any other bootable CD-ROM?

If so, make a DOS bootable CD with everything that you need to make the
hard drive DOS bootable with CD-ROM support.

Atropos

Mar 12, 2003, 3:28:21 PM3/12/03

"Barry Watzman" <Wat...@neo.rr.com> wrote in message

> Will it boot from any other bootable CD-ROM?
>
> If so, make a DOS bootable CD with everything that you need to make the
> hard drive DOS bootable with CD-ROM support.

Great minds thinking alike!

I've just created a DOS bootbale CD and am able to boot from it. Formatting
the drive now - I should be able to install XP from command line?
(i386/winnt.exe)