Need info on old Video Seven VGA card

Enrico Musio

Dec 1, 1993, 9:59:22 AM12/1/93

I need the switch settings and *any* other info concerning a very
old Video Seven VGA card.

The BIOS is : Vega VGA BIOS v1.04 dated 18 Nov 1987 by Video seven Inc.
The two bigger chips are labeled :
(Video 7 logo)
742 E 7091505
456-0014
CL-GD410-32PC-D
and
(Video 7 logo)
742 E 7090806
456-0015
CL-GD420-32PC-D
There are three crystals : 32 Mhz, 28.322 Mhz and 25.175 Mhz
The 8 memory chips are TMS 4464 FMC ( = 256Kb ?)

When I got it (garage sale, sort of...) its 6 dip switches were set so that
my computer (Yes,it's as old as the card...) saw it as a 512kb(!?)
VGA in monochrome mode (fine, I have a multiscan monochrome monitor...)
and it worked with some shareware VGA games and demos I tried.
Now that I'm trying to use it under Linux with VGAlib or SVGAlib, it is in
trouble,especially when going from graphics to textmode.
I tried changing settings, only to worsen things, so I woukd like
to know more about my card, before trying to tweak the libraries.

*Please* reply by E-mail,we have problems with shaky newsfeeds.
Thans in advance.

--
Enrico Musio
ghe...@cdc835.cdc.polimi.it ===== Standard disclaimers apply.