Cirrus CL-GD5426 / GD5428 what's the diff.

Themmie

Jul 10, 1994, 8:14:29 PM7/10/94
There have been a lot of new noname brand VLB cards in the market using the
Cirrus 5428 lately.

Could someone enlighten me as to the differences between the 5426 and 5428 ?
Is it true that the 5428 is a cheaper, lower performance chip ?

Thanks
Themie

Paul Schenck

Jul 18, 1994, 10:46:56 AM7/18/94
t...@homer.dsto.gov.au (Themmie) writes:

>Thanks
>Themie

Themie

The main difference between the CL-GD5426 and CL-GD5428 is that the 5428 has
an enhanced BitBlt engine on it. This makes the chipset about 10-20% faster.

The are a few more differences but this is what one would notice.

Thanks
Paul Schenck
Cirrus Logic
Tech Support

Robert Rosenbaum

Jul 22, 1994, 2:21:02 PM7/22/94
psch...@cirrus.com (Paul Schenck) writes:

Could you please provide some benchmark figures to support this
statement?

Rob

--
Robert Rosenbaum, rro...@caip.rutgers.edu, (908) 932-0544
CAIP Computational Engineering Systems Lab

Andreas Schildbach

Jul 22, 1994, 3:27:34 PM7/22/94
"Paul Schenck" wrote about "Re: Cirrus CL-GD5426 / GD5428 what's the
diff.":

> The main difference between the CL-GD5426 and CL-GD5428 is that the 5428
> has
> an enhanced BitBlt engine on it. This makes the chipset about 10-20%
> faster.

Am I right that this 10-20% speed increase is only for blitting?

A game like DOOM would not run any faster, or would it?

- Andreas