Need jumper settings for TEAC 1.2MB floppy drive FD-55GFR

5.534 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

David S. Maddison

ungelesen,
07.04.1996, 04:00:0007.04.96
an

I need the jumper settings for a TEAC 1.2MB floppy drive model
FD-55GFR. Does anyone have these or know where I can get them?

Thanks,

David Maddison

David S. Maddison

ungelesen,
09.04.1996, 03:00:0009.04.96
an

>Thanks,

>David Maddison

I have now found this data after some considerable effort.

I noticed that, coincidently, stn...@exis.net also asked for the same
information.

Someone should archive this data.

Firstly, I dredged the whole 'Net and there was virtually nothing
available for this drive. There isn't even an English language TEAC
Web site! Unbelievable!

Secondly, it is disgraceful that engineers continue to build products
with no indication on the product itself as to what the jumpers
actually do.Surely it wouldn't be difficult to print this data on an
unused part of the PC board?

I got the data from TEAC's data storage product agent in Sydney,
Australia, They sent me faxed pages out of what looks like the
manufacturer's technical service manual for these drives.

This data refers only to the FD-55GFR-149U. There is also a -140 which
looks the same and has the same layout. Perhaps it is basically the
same drive and this data applies to that one as well.

D0, D1, D2, D3 These give the drive address in a daisy chain
configuration.
U0, U1 Used to select turn-on condition of front bezel light (see
below).
IU Jumper to make the signal interface terminal 4 be used
for the IN-USE input signal. When strap is removed, the
input circuit is open and the IN-USE signal ineffective.
ML Selects spindle action according to host command. When
open, spindle rotates only by MOTOR ON input signal. When
jumper is ON motor rotates when (a) MOTOR ON input signal
is TRUE (b) front bezel indicator turns on.
RY/DC Used to select function of READY/DISK CHANGE signal on
terminal 34. When RY jumper ON signal on terminal 34 functions
as ready signal, and it functions as DISK CHANGE signal when
the DC jumper is ON.
LG Used to select meaning of HIGH/NORMAL DENSITY input
signal. When on, LOW level of HIGH/NORMAL DENSITY signals
high density mode. When off, LOW level of HIGH/NORMAL DENSITY
signal designates normal density mode.
I and IS Used to select speed of drive. I strap on: dual speed mode
designated. (360 rpm High Density, 300 rpm Low Density).
Ready state reset once synchronising with a level change of
the HIGH/NORMAL DENSITY signal. Both I and IS OFF, single
speed mode designated. Speed is 360 rpm regardless of
HIGH/NORMAL DENSITY signal. Both I and IS on, dual speed
mode is activated but FDD remains in ready state, regardless of
level change of HIGH/NORMAL DENSITY signal.
E2 Selects output condition of INDEX and READ DATA pulses.When
OFF
pulses are ouput as in (DIAGRAM NOT SUPPLIED). When ON, output
conditions changed to logical expression as follows:

INDEX: Index hole detection * DRIVE SELECT * Ready state
READ DATA: Read data detection * DRIVE SELECT * Ready State
---------------------
* Write operation

FG Connects FDD frame to DC 0V.

Front Bezel Indicator

Selection Jumper Combo. Indicator turn-on condition
1 * * * Drive select
2 IU * U1 Drive select + in-use
3 IU U0 * In use
4 * U0 U1 Drive select + ready
5 IU U0 U1 In use + (drive select * ready)

Notes
Selection
1 Indicator tuns on when DRIVE SELECT signal TRUE
2 Indicator turns on while DRIVE SELECT signal is TRUE or
IN USE signal TRUE
3 Indicator on while IN USE signal TRUE
4 Indicator on when DRIVE SELECT signal TRUE and FDD in ready
state.
5 Indicator turns on, on conditions 3 or 4

I do not what the default settings are meant to be.
Mine are FG, D1and DC jumpered.

On the 3COM web site they make a technical note about these drives (in
document 0000526B) and say D0, I, RY and D3 should be jumpered. (No, I
don't know the significance of jumpering *2* drive address selections.
It does not seem logical.)

Well, there it is folks. I hope after all that typing it is of use to
*someone* and that somebody sticks it in an archive somewhere. Note
that the words are not necessarily exactly as in the data. I have
shortened and reworded the text where possible.

David Maddison

0 neue Nachrichten