Battle Tech Center

Mark T Kawahigashi

Jun 15, 1994, 10:29:48 PM6/15/94
i am looking for information on the Battle Tech Center located
in Chicago. can anyone help me?
mark

Robert Hendelman

Jun 18, 1994, 1:22:21 PM6/18/94
Mark T Kawahigashi (kaw...@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu) wrote:
: i am looking for information on the Battle Tech Center located

: in Chicago. can anyone help me?
: mark

Yeah, I live in chicago and I've been there a couple of times. what do
you want to know ?

Chia-Hao Chang

Jun 18, 1994, 6:18:28 PM6/18/94
In article <2tvagd$9...@news.ecn.bgu.edu>,

Robert Hendelman <urhe...@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu> wrote:
>Yeah, I live in chicago and I've been there a couple of times. what do
>you want to know ?

I thought there was one in Chicago. Would you be able to find it in the phone
book? Or do you know the address? My brother worked in Chicago a while, and I
sometimes go there for kicks but I've never been able to find where the
BattleTech center is. Is it expensive?

[ Chia-Hao Chang ][ The Ohio State University ]
[ Email: chac...@magnusug.acs.ohio-state.edu ]
[ "I took my car in for a re-alignment and ]
[ it came back chaotic-evil." ]
[ PGP Public Key available upon request. ]

Thong P Tong

Jun 20, 1994, 11:57:05 AM6/20/94
In article <2tvrrk$1...@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> writes:

>I thought there was one in Chicago. Would you be able to find it in the phone
>book? Or do you know the address? My brother worked in Chicago a while, and I
>sometimes go there for kicks but I've never been able to find where the
>BattleTech center is. Is it expensive?

Battletech
North Pier Mall
435 E. Illinois St. #334
Chicago, IL ?????
(312) 836-5977

I haven't been there for a while, so I don't remember what the cost for
playing is.

Thong
--
| Thong Tong | Internet: ton...@coyote.cig.mot.com |
| Motorola Cellular Infrastructure | Telephon: (708) 632-7038 |

Steven Kosloske

Jun 21, 1994, 10:42:14 AM6/21/94
In <2u4e8h$8...@delphinium.cig.mot.com> ton...@coyote.cig.mot.com (Thong P Tong) writes:

>In article <2tvrrk$1...@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>>
>>I thought there was one in Chicago. Would you be able to find it in the phone
>>book? Or do you know the address? My brother worked in Chicago a while, and I
>>sometimes go there for kicks but I've never been able to find where the
>>BattleTech center is. Is it expensive?
>>
> Battletech
> North Pier Mall
> 435 E. Illinois St. #334
> Chicago, IL ?????
> (312) 836-5977

>I haven't been there for a while, so I don't remember what the cost for
>playing is.

Last time I was there (Feb) it was $6 per game. Still worth it.

It is pretty hard to find unless you know where it is. North Pier looks more
like a warehouse than a mall, guess it used to be a warehouse... Take
the escalator to the third floor and follow the sounds of video games.
There's an arcade and VR gameing center across the hall.

--
(Steve Kosloske) |
------------------------------------| "There is only one good, knowledge

Biggles Dictates a Letter

Jun 21, 1994, 3:26:25 PM6/21/94
The current cost over at the Battletech Center is:

$7 a game (10 minutes) -- Monday-Thursday (before 6pm)

$9 a game (10 minutes) -- Monday-Thursday (after 6pm),
Friday-Sunday (all hours)

I believe they're open from 10am-10pm every day (but don't quote me on
that).

Last time I checked, it was $200 to rent 8 cockpits out for an hour, plus
you need a $50 deposit and you have to tell them a week in advance or
something. (Can somebody correct me on this?)

Hope this helps!
- Felix

--
Felix
fw...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu

Thong P Tong

Jun 21, 1994, 5:25:38 PM6/21/94
In article <1994Jun21.1...@mixcom.mixcom.com> Steven Kosloske <Steven....@mixcom.mixcom.com> writes:
>In <2u4e8h$8...@delphinium.cig.mot.com> ton...@coyote.cig.mot.com (Thong P Tong) writes:
>
>>In article <2tvrrk$1...@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>>>
>>>I thought there was one in Chicago. Would you be able to find it in the phone
>>>book? Or do you know the address? My brother worked in Chicago a while, and I
>>>sometimes go there for kicks but I've never been able to find where the
>>>BattleTech center is. Is it expensive?
>>>
>> Battletech
>> North Pier Mall
>> 435 E. Illinois St. #334
>> Chicago, IL ?????
>> (312) 836-5977
>
>>I haven't been there for a while, so I don't remember what the cost for
>>playing is.
>
>Last time I was there (Feb) it was $6 per game. Still worth it.
>
>It is pretty hard to find unless you know where it is. North Pier looks more
>like a warehouse than a mall, guess it used to be a warehouse... Take
>the escalator to the third floor and follow the sounds of video games.
>There's an arcade and VR gameing center across the hall.

And make sure you're parked across the mall in the outside lot. It's on the
north side of Illinois St. If you park there, I beleive the Battletech
center will give you a parking sticker for your ticket that's good for a
couple of hours. Last time I was there, I parked in a parking structure
and paid an arm and a leg for it.

00k...@bsuvc.bsu.edu

Jun 22, 1994, 2:26:11 PM6/22/94
In article <2u4e8h$8...@delphinium.cig.mot.com>, ton...@coyote.cig.mot.com (Thong P Tong) writes:
> In article <2tvrrk$1...@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>>
>>I thought there was one in Chicago. Would you be able to find it in the phone
>>book? Or do you know the address? My brother worked in Chicago a while, and I
>>sometimes go there for kicks but I've never been able to find where the
>>BattleTech center is. Is it expensive?
>>
> Battletech
> North Pier Mall
> 435 E. Illinois St. #334
> Chicago, IL ?????
> (312) 836-5977
>
> I haven't been there for a while, so I don't remember what the cost for
> playing is.
>
> Thong

Yep, that's it. It's on the top floor in that mall. The mall is right
off Lake Michigan, north of the river. The price changes depending on the
time. The high times (weekend evenings) the price is $8 a turn.

Hey, I know a guy named Thong from BSU. Don't know if your the same
person.

---[ KGB ]---

00k...@bsuvc.bsu.edu

Jun 22, 1994, 2:32:10 PM6/22/94

The Prices musta gone up since I was there.

---[ KGB ]---

Mr Chang Man Wai

Jun 24, 1994, 11:27:25 PM6/24/94
00k...@bsuvc.bsu.edu wrote:

: The Prices musta gone up since I was there.

Joshua Howard

Jun 23, 1994, 5:47:55 PM6/23/94
The Chicago Batteltech center is at North Pier - a mallish thing
downtown. Calling information fo the main North Pier number
should help. It has been a while since I've been there - but
it was cool.
- Standard Disclaimer: "...my opinions, not that of -
- my employer..." -