BOULDERDASH????? IS IT OUT THERE!!!!!

DANIEL HILL MCCAULEY

Feb 3, 1993, 9:15:20 PM2/3/93

I was wondering if there was a ibm version of the original Atari's
Boulderdash out there. This is the game where you move this guy around
collecting diamonds dodging boulders, digging trenches, killing butterflys
for diamonds, and suffocating green slime. Thanks for any help!!!!

-Dan

p.s. I already saw the p.d. boulderdash on one of the ftp sites. It was a
copy of an X windows version and REALLY SUCKED!!! So please do not respond
telling me about that one. Thanks! :)

| Daniel H. McCauley IV ,__o -UH OH! o__, Lehigh University |
| Electrical Engineering _-\_<, ,>_/-_ UC #29 Box 58A |
| DH...@NS3.CC.LEHIGH.EDU (*)/'(*) (*)`\(*) Bethlehem, PA 18015 |
| Fax (215) 974 - 6484 |

Dave Grebe

Feb 8, 1993, 11:53:19 PM2/8/93

In a previous article, dh...@ns1.cc.lehigh.edu (DANIEL HILL MCCAULEY) says:

> I was wondering if there was a ibm version of the original Atari's
> Boulderdash out there. This is the game where you move this guy around
> collecting diamonds dodging boulders, digging trenches, killing butterflys
> for diamonds, and suffocating green slime. Thanks for any help!!!!
>
> -Dan
>

> p.s. I already saw the p.d. boulderdash on one of the ftp sites. It was a
> copy of an X windows version and REALLY SUCKED!!! So please do not respond
> telling me about that one. Thanks! :)

There was a "Super Boulderdash" released in the mid '80's by Electronic
Arts. It was a self-booting disk that loaded the original Boulderdash
and Boulderdash II. The credits in the game mentioned a 1984 and 1985
copyright and the authors Peter Liepa and Chris Gray.

The diskette actually contained 2 seperate versions of each program.
One for the PC Jr. or Tandy 1000, the other for a standard CGA XT.
The Tandy / PC Jr. version was excellent (for its day) with 16 color
graphics and 3 voice sound. The CGA XT version, while playable,
would be a disappointment compared to the Atari.

Also it may or may not boot or run on a modern computer. If it does
boot, the joystick won't work, but the keyboard will.

Supposedly there is a sequel called "Rockford" that runs on modern
equipment, but I haven't seen it.

I also liked this game and would buy an updated version if it were
available.

Dave Grebe
am...@cleveland.freenet.edu

Kuo-Sheng Chang

Feb 9, 1993, 1:08:00 PM2/9/93
In article <1l7dbv...@usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu> am...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Dave Grebe) writes:

>There was a "Super Boulderdash" released in the mid '80's by Electronic
>Arts. It was a self-booting disk that loaded the original Boulderdash
>and Boulderdash II. The credits in the game mentioned a 1984 and 1985
>copyright and the authors Peter Liepa and Chris Gray.
>
>Also it may or may not boot or run on a modern computer. If it does
>boot, the joystick won't work, but the keyboard will.
>
>Supposedly there is a sequel called "Rockford" that runs on modern
>equipment, but I haven't seen it.

I've seen Rockford, it does exist, but no one markets it any more. And don't
ask me to upload it! It is COPYRIGHTED! It runs on CGA/CGA-16/EGA.

--Kasey Chang, games consultant