7th Guest vs Alone in the Dark

Daniel K. Schmick

Jan 12, 1994, 4:01:25 PM1/12/94
Does anyone with both games have an opinon on which is superior?

Thanks

Daniel Schmick

++++++++++++++++++++
internet
ds...@andrew.cmu.edu
++++++++++++++++++++

Kevin Kramer

Jan 13, 1994, 10:32:12 AM1/13/94

In article <8hB6IZu00...@andrew.cmu.edu>, "Daniel K. Schmick" <ds...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> Does anyone with both games have an opinon on which is superior?

They are not comparible, The 7th Guest had the best graphics I have seen in a
game, but it is a puzzle game, no action or adventure at all. Alone in the Dark
is a 3rd person adventure/action, no puzzles at all. I liked them both,
but your milage may vary. My personal favorite of the two as AinD (is part
two out yet??)

Kevin

Joe V Barlow

Jan 13, 1994, 5:56:32 PM1/13/94
In article <1994Jan13.0...@hemlock.cray.com>,
"Alone in the Dark II" (not Jack in the Dark) is out in France,
though some copies have trickled over here. It looks pretty nice, but its
hard to play without knowing French (to me, anyway).

As for comparing 7th Guest and Alone in the Dark, you might want
to look at back issues of INTELLIGENT GAMER magazine. Issue #1 had a
review by me of AITD, and issue #2 featured 7th Guest. I compared them to
each other numerous times in both reviews, so that may help you out.

Look in the FTp site wuarchive.wustl.edu
In the directory pub\msdos_uploads\icg
GAME1193.ZIP and GAME0194.ZIP are the two issues in question. You'll need
a PC with Dos 3.1 or better and a color monitor is recommended.

Hope that helps.

* "I'm thinking of a number between one and ten and I don't know why." *
* jba...@sparc01.cc.ncsu.edu *
* Editor of INTELLIGENT GAME PLAYER Magazine. E-mail me for info..... *

thun...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2015, 6:21:18 PM2/18/15
Le jeudi 13 janvier 1994 00:49:54 UTC+1, Daniel K. Schmick a écrit :
Interesting.
Message has been deleted

Mary

Feb 19, 2015, 2:55:53 PM2/19/15
"Rudi" <Ru...@iki.fi> wrote in message
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:21:17 -0800 (PST), thun...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>Le jeudi 13 janvier 1994 00:49:54 UTC+1, Daniel K. Schmick a écrit :
>>> Does anyone with both games have an opinon on which is superior?
>>> Daniel Schmick
>>
>>Interesting.
>
> Apples vs. Oranges.

When the 7th Guest came out, it was considered a pioneer of its time. I
thought it was a great game. Still do.
I was not interested in playing Home Alone, so can't comment.

Mary

---

Chuck

Feb 20, 2015, 12:01:04 AM2/20/15
>"Mary" wrote in message news:mc5f45$8s1$1...@speranza.aioe.org...
>"Rudi" <Ru...@iki.fi> wrote in message

>>>Interesting.
>>
>> Apples vs. Oranges.
>
>When the 7th Guest came out, it was considered a pioneer of its time. I
>thought it was a great game. Still do.
>I was not interested in playing Home Alone, so can't comment.
>
>Mary

Alone in the Dark is a horror/survival game based on the writings of H.P.
Lovecraft.

Chuck

Mary

Feb 20, 2015, 12:24:25 AM2/20/15
"Chuck" <chuck....@comcast.net> wrote in message
I didn't like the movie and the game would not interest me either. I've
played the Lovecraft game Darkness Within 1 a while back. It wasn't bad but
a bit too creepy. Havent played Darkness within 2. Reviews were mixed about
it.
Message has been deleted