Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

Minecraft

4 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Schrodinger

ongelezen,
22 nov 2010, 19:02:0922-11-2010
aan
Downloaded this and bought it on a whim. I am absolutely loving every second
of this game.

It's totally absorbing. The engine is flexible and you seem to be able to
do anything you can think of.

It's real gaming just like it used to be.

www.minecraft.net

Zank Frappa

ongelezen,
23 nov 2010, 05:29:3023-11-2010
aan
Schrodinger wrote:

I posted this a while ago, in case you didn't see it. I'm also loving
the game but having a hard time at work due to lack of sleep (this and
Civ V is a deadly combination, lemme tell ya).

> One Indie game is pulling $250,000/day
> Yup, you read that right - that's a quarter of a million American
> dollars per day.
>
> http://texyt.com/minecraft+persson+notch+indie+game+success+00127
>
> "According to stats provided by developer, Mojang, one copy of the $10
> game is currently being purchased every 3 seconds, representing sales
> of more than $12,000 per hour.
>
> The world-building game has been in development for more than one
> year. It is largely a one man project of experienced Swedish game
> maker, Markus Persson."

Tim O

ongelezen,
23 nov 2010, 08:06:4523-11-2010
aan

I love open world sandbox games and I keep hearing how great this is.
Since I don't have Java installed to try the free browser version, I
go on Youtube just to get a feel for the gameplay and it just looks
tedious to me. What am I missing?

If it generated a random open world and gave you some kind of goal I
would probably love it. But you just walk around hitting clumps of
dirt and trees to rearrange them into things? The world doesn't seem
to be interesting enough to just want to explore.

EMan

ongelezen,
23 nov 2010, 09:38:2623-11-2010
aan

There are two versions. The free version really has no goal and is
just an big open world to do as you like. The paid version is a
survival game. During the day you can do as you like, but at night
monsters spawn in the absolute darkness. So during the day you spend
time exploring looking for coal (for torches), and other resources
which you can use for armor or weapons. During your explorations you
will find caves. Some caves are small and some are truly massive.
That's the best fun for me is exploring the massive caves looking for
gold, diamond, red dust, spawn nests, treasure chests, and stuff. I'm
not too much for building the crazy projects. I just jump in for 30
to 60 mins, explore some caves and I'm good.

Here's a good vid of what explore the depths is like. The only goal
is to search for treasure and stay alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPR_1CbmNh0

Tim O

ongelezen,
23 nov 2010, 10:16:1323-11-2010
aan

Yea, this is the kind of stuff I was watching on Youtube and wondering
what I was missing. You're exploring and collecting stuff, but to no
end. That makes the whole thing rather pointless to me vs. something
like Red Faction Guerrilla or Just Cause 2 which have huge freeform
worlds but there are actual tasks to do that move you forward in the
game.

Schrodinger

ongelezen,
23 nov 2010, 17:42:3823-11-2010
aan

Well funnily enough I bought it, but I turned the monsters off by using
"peaceful" mode, so perhaps I could have saved myself some cash!

I love it because there is lots to explore and you can set yourself
goals - from building a house to finding diamonds.

Normally I don't like totally sandbox games, but I think what makes the
difference here for me is the flexibility and ease of use. The world
"makes sense"; this evening I decided to go back to some lava I found
the other night near the bottom of a mine I made looking for diamonds,
collect it in some buckets (ok...) and put it around my garden for when
I eventually turn the monsters back on.

Quite to my surprise, I ended up setting loads of trees on fire and was
running around with the same buckets pouring water on the forest to stop
it spreading too far.

Totally dumb, self actualising and SIMS like, but incredibly satisfying.

Current ambitions:

Finish a roller coaster I started

Make my garden and fence far bigger

Use the glass I made from the sand blocks to construct some green houses
so plants don't get trodden on by monsters, cattle etc

Build a "railway" over the sea to my next main mine

And this is before I've started messing with the mechanical and
electrical side of things.

Andrew MacPherson

ongelezen,
25 nov 2010, 12:08:0025-11-2010
aan
n...@way.com (Schrodinger) wrote:

> Downloaded this and bought it on a whim. I am absolutely loving
> every second of this game.

I've had to force myself to ration my time in it. There is something blissfully
addictive about just wandering around, digging holes, and exploring. I have *so*
many building projects started it's silly, and it's fatal to say "I'll just have
half an hour in Minecraft". There's no such thing!

I still haven't grown enough testicular fortitude to turn Peaceful mode off.

Andrew McP

Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller

ongelezen,
29 nov 2010, 05:05:0629-11-2010
aan

"Andrew MacPherson" <mcp.a...@DELETTHISgmail.com> wrote in message

Lsat tiem I tried it it didn't seem to have a fullscreen mode. Does it have
one now?

Andrew MacPherson

ongelezen,
29 nov 2010, 08:30:0029-11-2010
aan
thi...@lse.co.ck (Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller) wrote:

> Lsat tiem I tried it it didn't seem to have a fullscreen mode.
> Does it have one now?

Not properly, no. You can open up the window to take up the full screen, but it's
not "full screen" in the normal gaming sense of taking over the screen completely.

You have to be careful when you increase the window size too. I've had some
(minecraft) crashes when doing so.

Andrew McP

0 nieuwe berichten