Error: callB 'CEEDAYS'

Hammie

Feb 20, 2009, 8:37:09 AM2/20/09
Hello

I'am trying to call the api 'CEEDAYS' to convert a date in to the
Lilian datenumber.

I'have code the bnext source:

d pdate s 10
d picture s 10 inz('YYYY-MM-DD')
D lildate S 10I 0

c callB 'CEEDAYS'
c parm pdate
c parm picture
c parm lildate
c parm fc
12

Pdate is filled with a date: '2009-02-10'

The program ended with no lildate filled. Field is zero
and the field FC is filled with hex rubbish like this:
' ßCEE Ç^' hex: 00000 00030502 59C3C5C5 000068B0 ........
- ....ßCEE..Ç^....

What's goïng wrong or what I'am doïng wrong?

Thanks for answers
Regards

Jaap

iseriesflorida

Feb 20, 2009, 8:45:35 AM2/20/09

Here is an example that I found:

* Compile with DFTACTGRP(*NO) - RETRIEVES LILDATE AND DAY-OF-
WEEK
*
H DEBUG
D DATEIN S 6
D DATEFMT S 6 INZ('MMDDYY')
D DATELIL S 9b 0
D DAY S 9b 0
C MOVE UDATE DATEIN
C CALLB(D) 'CEEDAYS'
C PARM DATEIN
C PARM DATEFMT
C PARM DATELIL
C PARM *OMIT
C MOVE DATELIL JULDAT 6 0
*
C CALLB(D) 'CEEDYWK'
C PARM DATELIL
C PARM DAY
C PARM *OMIT
C Z-ADD DAY DAYOWK 9 0
C 'WKDAY' DSPLY DAYOWK
C EVAL *INLR=*ON
C *PSSR BEGSR
C DUMP
C ENDSR

Hammie

Feb 20, 2009, 9:02:21 AM2/20/09
Thanks
I think the change: CALLB(D) did the trick
>     C                   ENDSR- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

iseriesflorida

Feb 20, 2009, 9:10:53 AM2/20/09
> > - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -- Hide quoted text -

You creating this with crtbndrpg or crtsrvpgm??

Barbara Morris

Feb 20, 2009, 12:56:58 PM2/20/09
Hammie wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'am trying to call the api 'CEEDAYS' to convert a date in to the
> Lilian datenumber.

> The program ended with no lildate filled. Field is zero
> and the field FC is filled with hex rubbish like this:
> ' ßCEE Ç^' hex: 00000 00030502 59C3C5C5 000068B0 ........
> - ....ßCEE..Ç^....

Hammie, what looks like hex rubbish is actually a data structure.

D Feedback DS 12
D MsgSev 5I 0
D MsgNo 2A
D 1A
D MsgPrefix 3A
D MsgKey 4A

For your feedback value
MsgSev = 3
MsgNo = x'0502'
MsgPrefix = CEE
MsgKey = x'000068B0'
This means message CEE0502. DSPMSGD CEE0502 QCEEMSG says "Missing
operational descriptor".

If you code *OMIT for the feedback instead of coding the 12-byte
parameter, the message would go into the joblog. When I'm coding API
calls, I always start off by coding the feedback as *OMIT (or for pgm
APIs I code the error code with zero for the bytes-provided). That way,
I can easily see the errors in the joblog while I'm debugging my API
call. Once I have the call itself working properly, I sometimes switch
to use the feedback or error code, depending on how I want to handle
regular errors.

Dr.UgoGagliardelli

Feb 22, 2009, 6:29:22 AM2/22/09
il 20/02/2009 14.37, Scrive Hammie 43183544:
All CEE APIs need the operational descriptor, so in RPG you must use the
D modifier , e.g callb(D)

--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñejoAlcoolInside

Hammie

Feb 23, 2009, 1:42:18 AM2/23/09
On 22 feb, 12:29, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
> schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

Thank all off you for thinking with me

It's now works well

Regards
Jaap