FTP Return Code?

Art Bahrs

Feb 22, 2005, 7:31:02 PM2/22/05
Hi All :)
Ok... does standard ftp have an exit code for success? ie when I use
a batch file (windows in this case but FTP Clients in general) to transfer
one or more files; can I check an exit condition to see if my transfer was
successful?

Thanks,
Art "working on plans hehe" Bahrs

Art Bahrs, CISSP Information Security The Regence Group
(503) 553-1425 FAX (503) 553-1453

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.

Greg Stigers

Feb 22, 2005, 9:46:02 PM2/22/05
No return code (known on Windows as an ERRORLEVEL, where if ERRORLEVEL = 9
is true, it is also true for 8 through 0.) What you can do in the wonderful
world of Windows is redirect output to another file, either of just the ftp
command line or an ftp batch file. Then use FIND to test for a required or
forbidden string. When FIND does not find its target string, it sets
ERRORLEVEL 1 (which means ERRORLEVEL 0 is also true).

Greg Stigers