Open Apple podcast, July 2011

Mike Maginnis

Jul 15, 2011, 12:20:44 PM7/15/11
The July 2011 episode of the Open Apple podcast has been released.
Listen here:

http://www.open-apple.net/2011/07/15/show-006-groups-miniappler-kfest-tournaments/

Or subscribe in iTunes. As always, we love your feedback.

- Mike
Podcast: http://open-apple.net
Blog: http://6502lane.net
Scans: http://apple2scans.net

Mike Maginnis

Jul 15, 2011, 2:35:52 PM7/15/11
Oops. Looks like my podcasting partner beat me to the punch by a few
minutes.

Sorry for the double-post. I'd remove it if I could, but Usenet being
what it is, well...

- Mike

magnusfalkirk

Jul 15, 2011, 3:08:11 PM7/15/11

Mike,
There's no problem double plugging a great podcast!

Dean

Toinet

Jul 15, 2011, 3:30:39 PM7/15/11
Ken Magginis & Mike Gagne, no worries for us :-)
av

ps. same poster every 2 months ;-)

Toinet

Jul 15, 2011, 3:56:41 PM7/15/11
You talk too much!

From <40 minutes to >1h40, it is not the same stuff. The question is:
why? More news? More text?

The question is: I want to listen to your pocast because it contains
all of the info but I need to find a big period of free time or...
could you divide it into two parts, every 15 days?

ant<->oine

Ken Gagne

Jul 16, 2011, 10:22:12 AM7/16/11
Antoine,

Thanks for the feedback! It's true that the episodes have gotten
longer, both because we added a segment (Retroviews) and because Mike
and I are getting more comfortable with the recording process and thus
tend to be more talkative. We feel that 100 minutes to last an entire
month is reasonable; we certainly don't expect anyone to sit down and
listen to the entire show at once! That's one reason why we break the
show into segments, with the time indices noted in the MP3's ID3 tags
and the blog's show notes.

That said, we want to do our best to accommodate our gracious
listeners and not bore them. From your message, it sounds like the
best way to do that is to cut content -- if we just split the episode
in half and offer it twice as often, it's still the same quantity of
podcast.

What is the longest you want an episode to be? Perhaps we can keep
all the segments but just keep cutting from the raw footage until we
make it under a certain limit. Or is there a particular segment that
we should focus on shortening or completely dropping?

Introduction
II News
Retroviews
Apple Pickings
Name the Game

If too much of a good thing is bad, then please let us know how we can
fix it!

Thanks,

-Ken

Sean Fahey

Jul 16, 2011, 8:01:06 PM7/16/11
Ken, I like it the way it is.

Toinet

Jul 17, 2011, 1:59:57 AM7/17/11
On 16 juil, 16:22, Ken Gagne <kga...@gamebits.net> wrote:
> Antoine,
>
> Thanks for the feedback!  It's true that the episodes have gotten
> longer, both because we added a segment (Retroviews) and because Mike
> and I are getting more comfortable with the recording process and thus
> tend to be more talkative.  We feel that 100 minutes to last an entire
> month is reasonable; we certainly don't expect anyone to sit down and
> listen to the entire show at once!  That's one reason why we break the
> show into segments, with the time indices noted in the MP3's ID3 tags
> and the blog's show notes.

Thanks, Ken.

I think I've probably talked too fast. It is not that you talk too
much but as 1/ there are so much things to say and as 2/, Mike and
you, are confortable and 3/ I am impatient to listen to an entire
episode in one row, I think I have to find ways to divide my
listening.

Using segments is a good thing and I'll do that.

> That said, we want to do our best to accommodate our gracious
> listeners and not bore them.  From your message, it sounds like the
> best way to do that is to cut content -- if we just split the episode
> in half and offer it twice as often, it's still the same quantity of
> podcast.

No, don't misunderstand my wording. Don't cut contents, just teach
some listeners (me) how to listen to a podcast :-)

> What is the longest you want an episode to be?  Perhaps we can keep
> all the segments but just keep cutting from the raw footage until we
> make it under a certain limit.  Or is there a particular segment that
> we should focus on shortening or completely dropping?
>
> Introduction
> II News
> Retroviews
> Apple Pickings
> Name the Game
>
> If too much of a good thing is bad, then please let us know how we can
> fix it!

All sections are interesting.

> Thanks,
>
> -Ken

I thank you again for your answer and I believe the right thing to do
is that I sit comfortable in a chair and relax, listening to a segment
of your podcast.

Antoine