6502 Terminator code

PZ

May 8, 2009, 2:59:09 AM5/8/09
Many of us know about the 6502 assembly code from Nibble magazine that
was used in the original Terminator movie. I just came across this
new page with some hi-def screenshots.

http://www.pagetable.com/?p=64

John B. Matthews

May 8, 2009, 2:28:29 PM5/8/09
In article
<56b5b0b7-44b0-4f66...@i28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
PZ <skie...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Aaiieee! Does anyone know what program this is?

8 *******************
9
10 ORG $ 4000
11 A1 = $ 3C
12 A2 = $ 3E
13 A4 = $ 42
14 ALTMOVE = $ C311
15
16 ****************************
17 * SETUP. move data for VTOC
18 * and catalog to memory at
19 * $ 000 - $ 3FF (pseudo TRK 11
20 * # -1)
21 **************************
22 SETUP LDA # <VTOC
23 STA A1
24 LDA #> VTOC
25 STA A1 +1
26 LDA # <END
27 STA A2
28 LDA #> END
29 STA A2 +1
30 LDA # $ 00
31 STA A4
32 LDA # $ 80
33 STA A4 +1
34 SEC
35 JMP ALTMOVE
36

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

Michael J. Mahon

May 8, 2009, 2:59:00 PM5/8/09

I'm guessing it's setting up a RAM disk in AUXMEM for a //e.

-michael

******** Note new website URL ********

NadaNet and AppleCrate II for Apple II parallel computing!
Home page: http://home.comcast.net/~mjmahon/

"The wastebasket is our most important design
tool--and it's seriously underused."

PZ

May 8, 2009, 3:53:15 PM5/8/09
On May 8, 12:59 pm, "Michael J. Mahon" <mjma...@aol.com> wrote:
> John B. Matthews wrote:
> > In article
> > <56b5b0b7-44b0-4f66-9b8a-6d8c2bc91...@i28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
> tool--and it's seriously underused."- Hide quoted text -

I know some of the output is from the Nibble program "Key Perfect."
but don't know if that specific code is from that program or not.

- Paul

PZ

May 8, 2009, 3:57:19 PM5/8/09
On May 8, 12:59 pm, "Michael J. Mahon" <mjma...@aol.com> wrote:
> John B. Matthews wrote:

> I'm guessing it's setting up a RAM disk in AUXMEM for a //e.

So is the AUXMEM on the T-800 incase the core memory takes a shot?
Good redundant design. I'll have to implement it when I build my own
6502 based cyborg. I'm going to base the design off of Bender from
Futurerama and add a biological exoskin. :P

- Paul

Michael J. Mahon

May 8, 2009, 4:43:22 PM5/8/09

...but that will hide his "shiny metal @ss"! ;-)