Warning to all

6 vues

golfrock

non lue,
4 nov. 2010, 19:21:0904/11/2010
You may have seen the listings on eBay from a guy selling 100 disks.
Three times it was listed and sold each time. I bought the last set
and never received them. I received nothing but excuses and promises
of them being sent. My fault, I let the 45 day time expire before
disputing with eBay and PayPal.

He bought a high speed SCSI card from me for around $75 which I mailed
out the next day. Next time I put a reserve.

His long drawn out thing about being "honest" is a crock.

eBay username relevar77.

Robert

Steven Hirsch

non lue,
5 nov. 2010, 08:02:3805/11/2010

Thanks for the warning. I bought a Xerox 820 CP/M system last year from a guy
in Florida. Despite my pleas about careful packing it arrived in a box with
no padding around it and had been broken into shards. He strung me along with
promises to "make it right" - just long enough to run out the 45 day clock, at
which point he stopped responding to e-mail.

The only saving grace is that those systems were built like tanks. Took me a
week to glue the case back together, straighten pins and chassis, etc. It
actually worked! Nothing like putting $500 worth of time and effort to fix a
$50 eBay purchase.

ict@ccess

non lue,
5 nov. 2010, 13:22:1705/11/2010

Heres how I deal with eBay. I always get a reminder to send
feedback. If I have not received the item within 30 days, I always
open a dispute. 30 days is more than enough time for shipping from
anywhere in the world. Since eBay logs all communication with the
seller, he can ignore you all he wants, but I have the proof that I
have tried to communicate. The seller has to communicate through eBay
as well and not directly to you, since after the 45 days, you will get
a message from eBay that there has been no response from the seller.
Make sure in your original letter to the seller through eBay that you
request for a refund for both the price of the item and the shipping
costs. Since the item was not shipped, you should get refunded for
the entire listing price including shipping. If you received the item
but it was broken, also request an additional shipping cost back to
the seller. His insurance should cover the item as well as shipping
both ways. A lot of the time the seller will just forfeit the total
price and not bother with return shipping but it still may be needed
for insurance purposes.

Also when I open any package from eBay, I have a video camera running
as I open it to prove that I did not break the item. You have all
the proof you need. The postage stamp to prove when item was sent,
when you received the item and the condition it was in upon receival
as well as contents of the box. This is handy and becomes
undisputable by either eBay or the seller.

So far, I have created disputes for items that were missing from the
package, not receiving the item and for broken items and have received
full refunds every time.

Hope this helps for a more satisfying eBay experience.

Rob

ict@ccess

non lue,
5 nov. 2010, 13:26:4005/11/2010
Never use anger, profanity or accusations in your letters, for a more
successful outcome.

And last but not least, don't forget to leave negative feedback as
well and a non profanity reason for leaving the negative feedback.
This really hurts the seller and can ultimately close him down.

golfrock

non lue,
5 nov. 2010, 17:46:0105/11/2010
Thanks. That is a good procedure. Live and learn.

This is the first time I have had a seller be such a cheat.

Robert

0 nouveau message