2011 Achievements in the Apple II World

D Finnigan

Dec 29, 2011, 3:18:04 PM12/29/11
Hard to believe it's been an entire year again! What has the Apple II world
been up to in these past 365 days? Let's take a look:

- A2Command 1.0 - Full Release
- new versions of ADTPro
- Contiki 2.5.rc1 binary release for Retrocomputing
- Hash Tool 1.3 available
- JACE: Finally usable for a change
- Docs & manuals scans: TWGS programmer's ref & others
- Applearchives Update Feb 2011
- Brain Board - Apple 1 emulation card for an Apple II
- MegaMemoryTester 2.0
- Brutal Deluxe's pictures library is now online
- ActiveGS in iTunes App Store for iOS
- Open Apple Podcast
- The Saltine's Disk collection archived at Mac GUI Vault
- Another Apple 1 site, apple1.fr
- Age of Reason back online
- comp.sys.apple2.gno removed
- Apple II Documentation Project Update
- The 500 GS Club disks are now available
- 200 BRCC & 60 Public Domain Exchange disks available
- AppleIIGo 1.0.8
- New stuff on Apple2scans.net
- Brutal Deluxe's MountIt goes 1.4
- Lots of New Scans and Manuals Added to 'What is the Apple IIGS?'
- BASUG/Apple2000 magazine archives
- Mac GUI Vault Updated with over 300 new items
- Locksmith Author Unmasked?
- KansasFest 2011
- MECC Website is now up and running
- Briel’s A2MP3 USB interface card now available for pre-order
- Toinet discovers the most beautiful 5.25" diskette
- Microzine library expanded!
- New Apple /// driver for CFFA revisions 1 and 2 available
- Introducing "Trasher" for the Apple IIgs
- Captain Crunch's EasyWriter now available on Asimov!
- Vault 2nd Anniversary & DVD Offer Revived
- GSTape! Alge Blaster Plus! More Manuals! The fate of Ultima VI?!?
- A2MP3 auction to benefit @rsuenaga scholarship
- More Updates on 'What is the Apple IIGS?'
- 40 Column Editor
- GSoft BASIC and techBASIC
- OpenEmulator released with Apple I and II emulation
- More cassette tapes added to Brutal-Deluxe archive
- NuInput 2.0
- Brendan might actually have free time again!
- Beagle Bros Big Tip Book online
- Release of DMS Drummer: A Percussion Sequencer for the AppleII
- An SPVHD success!
- Egan Ford asks many fiddly questions about the cassette port
- New Apple I (or 1) game. Codebreaker!
- Apple Game Server Online! updates
- CFFA 3000
- Davex shell available for Apple II, Apple /// from SourceForge
- Call-A.P.P.L.E. releases GEOS CD
- Call-A.P.P.L.E. News now on Google Currents
- Gertrude's secrets (TLC) now available
- Silver Platter (IIgs NDA HTTP server) is now freeware
- FTA updates ActiveGS to 3.5.750
- Australian Apple Review -- First Year Online Now

--
]DF$
Mac GUI Vault - A source for retro Apple II and

Marc S. Ressl

Dec 29, 2011, 6:49:42 PM12/29/11
/me likes :_)

Sean McNamara

Dec 31, 2011, 8:05:54 AM12/31/11
+1

A fantastic list with things I'd either not gotten a chance to look at yet
or I'd promised myself to get back to when I had the time. Well, now I have
a checklist to make sure I do! Thanks, DF, a very useful post!

Sean

PS Happy ][ Year!

Brian

Dec 31, 2011, 2:06:33 PM12/31/11
Whoa, I had no idea there was so much going on in the Apple II world!
Very nice post. I'm happy to say I've been able to review over 30
Apple II games and software on my youtube channel in 2011. Many of my
viewers had never used an Apple II or knew much about them, so this
was their introduction to the system.

http://www.youtube.com/brianpicchi

Ken Gagne

Jan 1, 2012, 12:52:10 PM1/1/12
Great list — thanks! Makes me realize how much we missed in our end-
of-year podcast:

http://www.open-apple.net/2011/12/31/2011-year-end-roundtable/

Of course, if we'd had your list as a reference prior to recording,
it'd probably have been a three-hour show. ;-)

-Ken

Moose

Jan 1, 2012, 8:02:59 PM1/1/12
On Dec 31 2011, 11:05 pm, Sean McNamara <s...@macassist.com.au> wrote:
> +1
>
> A fantastic list with things I'd either not gotten a chance to look at yet
> or I'd promised myself to get back to when I had the time. Well, now I have
> a checklist to make sure I do! Thanks, DF, a very useful post!
>
> Sean
>
> PS Happy ][ Year!

I agree completely Sean !!! :)

And, it's going to take me most of 2012 to catch up on the things I
missed or didn't quite find time to catch up on in 2011.

It's truly awesome to see so much life still in the Apple ]
[ community. People may go away for a while (sometimes a 5-10 years),
but they keep coming back sooner or later. Thank goodness we have
these newsgroups.

Long live the ][ !

Moose OMalley
Moose's Software Valley - Established July, 1996.
WEB: http://move.to/moose

ict@ccess

Jan 1, 2012, 10:12:50 PM1/1/12
This would be the ultimate achievement with an Apple II computer.
Right now, I am sending this post via a PC computer with a usb N
adapter that is connected wireless to my iPhone. Alas, this is one
achievement that thee old Apple may not be able to do. For the most
part, I thought the hardware that was still coming out, such as the
CFFA 3000 kept the old Apple somewhat up to date and still usable even
by todays standards.

What a totally awesome year it has been for inventions and the Apple
II has still been kept in the loop.

Thanks to all who support the Apple II and keep this great Forum
alive.

May the New Year bring many more surprises.

Rob

Cedric Peltier

Jan 2, 2012, 2:01:50 PM1/2/12
Le 02/01/2012 04:12, ict@ccess a écrit :
> I am sending this post via a PC computer with a usb N
> adapter that is connected wireless to my iPhone. Alas, this is one
> achievement that thee old Apple may not be able to do.

That could evolve during the next upcoming years... 8D

D Finnigan

Jan 2, 2012, 2:53:02 PM1/2/12
Ken Gagne wrote:
> Great list � thanks! Makes me realize how much we missed in our end-
> of-year podcast:
>
> http://www.open-apple.net/2011/12/31/2011-year-end-roundtable/

Don't worry; you'll have more to talk about in an upcoming show. I'll
guarantee it. ;-)

Wholly Mindless

Jan 2, 2012, 6:43:36 PM1/2/12
D Finnigan wrote:
> Don't worry; you'll have more to talk about in an upcoming show. I'll
> guarantee it. ;-)

Does that sound like a threat?

--
Wholly