Symbiface II - Any news??

Craig Harrison

Aug 30, 2006, 3:45:55 PM8/30/06
Hi folks,

After moving house and out of Broadband coverage I have bought a Modem I
now have web, news and mail back!

so is there any update on when those of us who bought these can expect
to get them? I now have a huge office with spaces for both of my CPC's
and the PCW, all I need is the Symbiface ;)

Regards

Craig

Prodatron / SymbiosiS

Aug 30, 2006, 6:10:43 PM8/30/06
Hi Craig,

Dr.Zed will give me the last missing SF2 cards on the XzentriX meeting
in 1,5 weeks.
It was already possible to send another 10 pieces during the last days
(hope they all arrived), and I will get the missing ones soon, so that
I can send them, too.

Btw, for all people, who already have their cards:
Dr.Zed is still working on the documentation, so I had to send them
without.
Very soon you will find the documentation in the CPCWiki at this URL:
http://www.cpcwiki.com/index.php/Programming:SYMBiFACE_II (first link)

If Dr.Zed needs too long, I will try to write an own installation
guide, so that everybody knows at least how to connect the power supply
and how to configure the Roms.

CU,
Prodatron

rpalmer

Aug 30, 2006, 8:00:13 PM8/30/06
I have been well underway in producing HD-DOS (formerly HDOS - See
SymbiFace Home page, HDOS is already in use by others, hence HD-DOS).

The first version was to work with a IDE interface using an 8255 (see P.
Fausse version on the net, or email me and i can send it to you).

The second version (in development) will include access to the SymbiFace
Unit.

The program will fit into one rom and allow CPC users access to a IDE Hard
Disk Drive using AMSDOS.

The File System is a custom one, however when program's use the stanard
AMSDOS calls there is no need for concern as all file functions work as
documented in Soft 968.

The source and ROM files will become free to all who wish to see the
inards of what i have produced (or is currently working on).

Ray Palmer