A500

d...@kesmai.uucp

Aug 13, 1987, 11:25:44 PM8/13/87
Just thought I would post for those interested in buying an A500.
Mind you there may be better prices available but this is the first
one that I have seen explicitly advertised. J&R Music World is
selling the A500 for 599.95 (no monitor). They don't give a price
quote on the monitor but I would expect 250-300 range. Makes a
$850-$900 system. That is better than I thought the A500 was
going for.

****** warning -- commercial announcement ******
Air Warrior is now available free for the cost of the download from
the GEnie Information Service. Warning, it is rather large thus
downloading it is time consuming and sometimes it is hard to get
a download without any errors. Air Warrior is a multi-player air combat
simulation which allows aerial combat between human players located
in physically disjoint areas of the country via a 1200 baud connection
to the GEnie Network. The program can be operated standalone and used
as a flight simulator to practice takeoffs and landings etc. To combat
other humans you must connect to GEnie which has a special host program
which interacts with the remote Air Warrior program. The GEnie host
program will also operate robot drones if you get on when no other
humans are flying. Air Warrior is presently available for MACs and
the Amiga. Lots more, but in the interest of keeping the flames low
I'll cut it short here.
GEnie is a trademark of the General Electric Corporation.
******* end of commercial announcement ********

David Albrecht -- I am in no way associated with J&R. I am very associated
with Air Warrior as I am responsible for some of the MAC
code and all of the port from the MAC to the Amiga.