Tab in StrongEd

lamp wouda

Sep 3, 2010, 5:58:49 AM9/3/10
In my version of StrongEd (4.68) on Iyonix 5.16 the Tab caracter is
presented as something that looks like V=≠
It happens not in all modes, but it does anyhow in Base and Strongmode
and not in Document or Message-modes
What causes this behaviour and can I get rid of it?

Thanks

Lamp Wouda

Tony Moore

Sep 3, 2010, 5:35:41 AM9/3/10

Mode choices > Colours > Element Tabs change Style to CtrlTab then Save

Tony

Dr Peter Young

Sep 3, 2010, 5:59:04 AM9/3/10

BaseMode Choices > Colours, select Tabs from the Element pull-down
menu, and then CtrlTab from the Style one.

Don't ask me why! :-)

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \ / zfc Lu \ Prestbury, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52
Anne \/ __ __ \ England.

lamp wouda

Sep 5, 2010, 7:00:35 AM9/5/10
In message <c81ce7505...@pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>

Dr Peter Young <pny...@ormail.co.uk> wrote:

> On 3 Sep 2010 lamp wouda <lam...@online.nl> wrote:

>> In my version of StrongEd (4.68) on Iyonix 5.16 the Tab caracter is
>> presented as something that looks like V=≠
>> It happens not in all modes, but it does anyhow in Base and Strongmode
>> and not in Document or Message-modes
>> What causes this behaviour and can I get rid of it?

> BaseMode Choices > Colours, select Tabs from the Element pull-down
> menu, and then CtrlTab from the Style one.

Thanks, this is what does the trick.

> Don't ask me why! :-)

I won't

Lambert

Michael Finlay

Sep 6, 2010, 9:31:26 AM9/6/10
In message <c81ce7505...@pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>

Dr Peter Young <pny...@ormail.co.uk> wrote:

>> In my version of StrongEd (4.68) on Iyonix 5.16 the Tab caracter is
>> presented as something that looks like V=≠
>> It happens not in all modes, but it does anyhow in Base and Strongmode
>> and not in Document or Message-modes
>> What causes this behaviour and can I get rid of it?

> BaseMode Choices > Colours, select Tabs from the Element pull-down
> menu, and then CtrlTab from the Style one.

> Don't ask me why! :-)

I've been puzzled by this problem also. Most grateful for the question
being asked and for the replies.

Mike

Richard Torrens (News)

Sep 8, 2010, 3:04:32 AM9/8/10
In article <0017e75...@lampie.online.nl>,

lamp wouda <lam...@online.nl> wrote:
> In my version of StrongEd (4.68) on Iyonix 5.16 the Tab caracter is
> presented as something that looks like VWWWw

> It happens not in all modes, but it does anyhow in Base and Strongmode
> and not in Document or Message-modes
> What causes this behaviour and can I get rid of it?

> Thanks

> Lamp Wouda

The StrongED mailing list is the place to ask such:

http://www.Torrens.org.uk/Lists/StrongED/index.html

StrongEd+...@Torrens.org.uk

Richard Torrens. News email address is valid - for a limited time only.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats
and more!