Got free QW1000 from www.speaktoyourpc.com, adapter help needed

Speaktoyourpc.com

Nov 22, 2001, 1:02:46 AM11/22/01
Evgenij

If you have already done this and it does not deliver sound
through the microphone, you may have received a defective
microphone. Before jumping to this conclusion, look at the
Volume control and Micrphone Boost settings.

Keep this in mind:

If this microphone IS defective (unlikely) return it to
speaktoyourpc.com......we will gladly exchange it for a new one

--
Jonathan Greer
speaktoyourpc.com

We're changing our name
and expanding!

Microspeech USA
www.microspeech.com

Microspeech Australia:
au.microspeech.com

Microspeech U.K.
uk.microspeech.com

Microspeech Canada:
ca.microspeech.com

Evgenij Barsukov

Nov 21, 2001, 6:31:34 PM11/21/01

>> I went to your web-sit and picked from the several good headsets you have
>there
>> the QW-1000/ANC Stereo Headset System. Can I really get it? How soon will
>it
>> come? Wow - that is my birthday today! Good luck with your entry into the
>korean
>> market - nobody positively have here any headset coming near to this one.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>Excellent choice. It is the Cadilac of headsets. Please let us know as soon
>as this headset arrives? This headset is on our web site but clearly marked,
>OUT OF STOCK. We know for a fact they are not available even though some web
>sites will take orders for them.

Well, I got the headset now. Thanks a lot to speaktoyourpc. The headphones are
realy terrific, I never experienced such sound-quality so far. But the
mike...there is a little problem. I have older soundblaster 16 full-duplex, and
it requires and adapter (p-100 as I understand from Andrea FAQ).
Without adapter the mike does not show any signs of life (I know about mute
switch and batteries in the control box). I understand from Birger Petterson
article that this addapter is a very simple thing, only switching power pin with
ground pin. Is this right? Anyway I can not get this 4$ thing in korea, and it
makes the whole mike unusable. Can anybody describe in simple words how this
adapter works, are any resistors/capacitors needed? Schematic would be great.

I already made one based on general description for electrete microphones in
http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/microphone_powering.html but it does
not work. It seems that Andrea uses some non-standard connections to the
stereo-jack. Could anybody elaborate what they are? What is on the tip, midle
and back pines?

Regards,
Evgenij

Martin Markoe

Nov 21, 2001, 9:52:26 PM11/21/01
Evgenij,

The headphones are realy terrific, I never experienced such sound-quality so
far.

That is why we call them the "Cadillac" of headsets.

>I understand from Birger Petterson
> article that this addapter is a very simple thing, only switching power
pin with
> ground pin. Is this right? Anyway I can not get this 4$ thing in korea,
and it
> makes the whole mike unusable. Can anybody describe in simple words how
this
> adapter works, are any resistors/capacitors needed? Schematic would be
great.

The Andrea ANC microphones are electret microphones. They require a small
voltage to drive the electret microphone elements. There are generally two
ways this is accomplished. One way is for the voltage to be pulled from the
sound card and delivered to the tip of the Andrea microphone plug. All the
black adapter does is pull voltage from the ring of the SoundBlaster card
microphone connection and route it to the tip of the microphone plug. The
other method for delivering voltage is to use two AAA batteries. The
QW1000ANC should work just fine if you put two fresh AAA batteries in the
battery box. If you have already done this and it does not deliver sound

through the microphone, you may have received a defective microphone. Before
jumping to this conclusion, look at the Volume control and Micrphone Boost

settings. We supply specific directions on how to do this. If you or anyone
else does not know how, send an E-mail to mar...@speechcontrol.com
requesting Microphone Notes and I will E-mail them to you in Microsoft Word
format.

Hopefully your bargain microphone will really be a bargain.

--
Martin Markoe, SCCS, Inc.
Soon to be eMicrophones, Inc.

Evgenij Barsukov

Nov 21, 2001, 11:16:29 PM11/21/01
Regardding message from Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:52:26 -0500 by "Martin Markoe"
<mar...@speechcontrol.com>

>>I understand from Birger Petterson
>> article that this addapter is a very simple thing, only switching power
>pin with
>> ground pin. Is this right? Anyway I can not get this 4$ thing in korea,
>and it
>> makes the whole mike unusable. Can anybody describe in simple words how
>this
>> adapter works, are any resistors/capacitors needed? Schematic would be
>great.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>The Andrea ANC microphones are electret microphones. They require a small
>voltage to drive the electret microphone elements. There are generally two
>ways this is accomplished. One way is for the voltage to be pulled from the
>sound card and delivered to the tip of the Andrea microphone plug. All the
>black adapter does is pull voltage from the ring of the SoundBlaster card
>microphone connection and route it to the tip of the microphone plug.

Thanks a lot for your input.
Do I understand it right:

Soundblaster 16 PNP (from specs):
tip_s - signal
midle_s - ground
3_s - power

Required by Andrea:
tip_a- signal + power
midle_a - nothing
3_a -ground

So adapter connects:

tip_s to tip_a
3_s to tip_a (over 2.2k resistor, or direct is ok?)
midle_s to 3_a

Is this correct?

>The other method for delivering voltage is to use two AAA batteries. The
>QW1000ANC should work just fine if you put two fresh AAA batteries in the
>battery box. If you have already done this and it does not deliver sound
>through the microphone, you may have received a defective microphone.

Batteries are not very fresh. Can it be the reason? They are anough to run
headphones, and lamp on "power" switch lights up. Anyway I will buy and try
totaly new ones.

Regards,
Evgenij

Martin Markoe

Nov 22, 2001, 7:11:53 AM11/22/01
Evgenij,

> Batteries are not very fresh. Can it be the reason? They are anough to run
> headphones, and lamp on "power" switch lights up. Anyway I will buy and
try
> totaly new ones.

Let us know how it works out with new batteries. As for rewiring, it is not
necessary as the microphone works with every SoundBlaster made in the last 6
years as long as the batteries are good and it is not defective.

Have you tried the Volume and Boost settings? Under cover of a private
E-mail, I've taken the liberty to attach the Microphone Notes which will
help you set up the microphone as long as it is not defective.

I know you got a good price (OK, great price), but we ship approximately 30%
of our orders outside the USA. Everyone of those is tested personally before
shipping so the cost and inconvenience of International returns can be
minimized.

Martin Markoe

Nov 22, 2001, 9:12:36 AM11/22/01
Evgenij,

> Batteries are not very fresh. Can it be the reason? They are anough to run
> headphones, and lamp on "power" switch lights up. Anyway I will buy and
try
> totaly new ones.

The batteries do not have anything to do with the earphones which do not
require auxillary voltage. The power light can come on when the batteries
are low, but the microphone should still work. Again, try setting the
Volume/Microphone boost setttings as per the document E-mailed to you.

Martin

Speaktoyourpc.com

Nov 22, 2001, 10:38:34 AM11/22/01
Evgenij,

I know you got a good price (OK, great price), but we ship
approximately 30% of our orders outside the USA. Everyone of
those is tested personally before shipping so the cost and
inconvenience of International returns can be
minimized.

Speaktoyourpc.com sent this headset, postage
paid........absolutely free. We intend to keep it that way all
the way around. If this is a defective headset, postage on a
return will also be free for this customer.

Personal testing- I don't think it's a good idea to take a
headset out of the package and test it before shipping---that
would not make the headset "new" anymore and not to mention
unsanitary--if you like the earwax, dandruff, hair, skin oils,
breath or spit particles from a total stranger embedded in your
ear or boom foam, order a headset from speechcontrol.com

Testing is the responsibility of the manufacturer's quality
control department--not the reseller.

--
Jonathan Greer
speaktoyourpc.com

Write a review- get a FREE headset.
It's that simple.

Details can be found here:
http://www.speaktoyourpc.com/reviews

Martin Markoe

Nov 22, 2001, 1:38:46 PM11/22/01
Jonathan,

> Speaktoyourpc.com sent this headset, postage
> paid........absolutely free.

Can I get one? Can everyone who wants one get one?

> Personal testing- I don't think it's a good idea to take a
> headset out of the package and test it before shipping---that
> would not make the headset "new" anymore and not to mention
> unsanitary--if you like the earwax, dandruff, hair, skin oils,
> breath or spit particles from a total stranger embedded in your
> ear or boom foam, order a headset from speechcontrol.com

Thanks for the graphical description of your personal hygiene condition.
Fortunately, my wife cleans me up every day before letting me touch products
to be shipped. She also uses those Wet One thingies to clean my hands after
we eat.

> Testing is the responsibility of the manufacturer's quality
> control department--not the reseller.

Just a reminder, the battle between us started when Peter misrepresented and
belittled my microphone testing. Now it is obvious you do not test for
quality control or suitability. In that vein, let me share an E-mail I
received yesterday:
Martin:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for the order, as it arrived
even earlier than expected.
You might be interested in knowing that I had initially placed an order with
speaktoyourpc.com (I'm just getting into SR and they had a flashy web
site....sigh). Summary of the tale is that I never got what I ordered and
they turned out to be major weasels. I can't say enough bad things about
them. Anyway, I certainly appreciate the quality of your service, and any
future SR purchases will be made through you. Thanks again!
Tom Mah---
I left off the last 3 letters of your former customer's name. If you'd like
to verify this, check your database records you will know who it is who sent
this. If you or Peter (me thinks you are the same) would you like me to go
back through my archives for the other messages in the same vein I've
received the past 6 months just let me know off list?

Martin

Evgenij Barsukov

Nov 22, 2001, 8:13:24 PM11/22/01
Regardding message from Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:38:34 -0500 by "Speaktoyourpc.com"
<he...@speaktoyourpc.com>

>I know you got a good price (OK, great price), but we ship
>approximately 30% of our orders outside the USA. Everyone of
>those is tested personally before shipping so the cost and
>inconvenience of International returns can be
>minimized.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>Speaktoyourpc.com sent this headset, postage
>paid........absolutely free. We intend to keep it that way all
>the way around. If this is a defective headset, postage on a
>return will also be free for this customer.

I performed extended testing of the mike, which included using new batteries,
testing it with two different computers and with my audio-system. I also tried
to make adapter similar to p-100. Unfortunately in all this cases microphone
does not show any signs of life either in multimedia->voice->test nor in MS
recorder (microphone settings are all set to maximum). It must be defect then.
I have to make use of your courtesy and ask to replace the headset. Please
let me know how to do it.

Regards,
Evgenij

Speaktoyourpc.com

Nov 22, 2001, 11:04:54 PM11/22/01

Now it is obvious you do not test for quality control or
suitability.

So this confirms that you actually take headsets out of the box
and try them on before shipment.

Sorry, we're a big enough company to offer UPS call tags and
take a return on defective headsets instead of our employees
trying them on before they go out to customers....that's like a
waitress sipping my coffee to see if it's hot enough before I
drink it........as a one person -small business, maybe this is
your practice but not ours.

Again--quality control is the responsibility of the
manufacturer.

In that vein, let me share an E-mail I received yesterday:

Throwing stones in a glass house is not always wise.

I hope you consulted with T.M. before posting his private email
to you ( I guess your so called privacy policy is out the
window) If not, I would suggest asking him what really happened
to his order. He too received a free headset because we were not
able to deliver on time--his card was fully refunded for other
items purchased as well.

Nice try.

(Yet another attempt to knock down our credentials-----wonder
why we don't get along?)

--
Jonathan Greer

Martin Markoe

Nov 23, 2001, 12:42:12 AM11/23/01
Peter/Jonathan,

> So this confirms that you actually take headsets out of the box
> and try them on before shipment.

> Again--quality control is the responsibility of the
> manufacturer.

All these germs you are worried about, is it possible the manufacturer's
employees have germs?

> I hope you consulted with T.M. before posting his private email
> to you ( I guess your so called privacy policy is out the
> window) If not, I would suggest asking him what really happened
> to his order. He too received a free headset because we were not
> able to deliver on time--his card was fully refunded for other
> items purchased as well.

Guess TM has a different view of this than you do.

> (Yet another attempt to knock down our credentials-----wonder
> why we don't get along?)

We don't get along because you are dishonest. You sent a defective "FREE"
microphone to someone overseas. I couldn't send him a QW1000ANC because I
returned my inventory of them as soon as it was apparent they came from a
defective batch. Our web page for them states they are OUT OF STOCK (until
further notice). The message will stay until I can supply units I've tested
(oops, they may get germs on them, maybe I should not test them) and can
confidently offer my customers as being what I say they are.

Guess what, this is the end of this thread for me.

Martin

Martin Markoe

Nov 23, 2001, 12:32:52 PM11/23/01
Dave,

> Ooh. That surely ought to get you a threatening letter from
> speaktoyourpc's uber-lawyer, together with a threat to have you ISP
> TOS you. Are you not quivering in your boots? <g>

I can't sleep, can't eat, can't write, can't run my business from all the quivering. As you'll read, AOL is going to TOSS me. <G>

I wrote Peter, or is it Jonathan, two weeks ago offering to cool it. Today I received a response. The end of the response offered to keep our hostility off the public airwaves, which is what I originally offered. However, most of the message contained misrepresentations, inaccuracies, innuendos and threats. Here are some samples:
1. "You're not even considered to be competition. As far as I understand, you have another job in NY, use AOL and run a microphone website part time- that's all I know about you."

Heck, we don't even know speaktoyourpc's home location. I pointed out that I have a job lasting through June that takes up 6 hours a day and I spend 12 hours on my "part-time" web site. He seems to think I run a secure E-commerce web site off of AOL. If that were the case, how does one get the mar...@speechcontrol.com domain E-mail address?
2. "I think you started flaming us first and continue to do so-----just like you do everyone else who steps into the public forum ( I read Jeff Cote's posts and your responses from beginning to end)"

Once Jeff contacted me to who is and what he intended to do we have since shared information helpful to each other. I knew Jeff to be forthright and honest from his time at VXI. My jumping on him came from the "Vaporware" message he posted here originally.
3. "This is not a small company. Flaming our credibility and employees in public forums is not only unprofessional but taken very seriously. As far as I know (I could be wrong--this is just info from the grapevine-- I just started here) something is being done about it legally."

The 1st "Threat."
4. "Keep in mind 80% (making up the 1200+ subscribers) of our staff are subscribed to VCOMP, VRUG, VG, (and 48 others) Even though Pete's email address was accidentally kicked we still see what you post."

I responded to this 2nd threat with, "Pete's E-mail was not accidentally blocked. It was blocked due to wanton spamming and blatant advertising. If you are on 48 other User Groups I pity those thousands of poor people who may be victims of your Spam."

Now if Jonathan/Peter wants to apologize, privately is fine, as I am person who believes in moving forward, I'd be more than happy to reconsider.

Tom Mahood

Nov 23, 2001, 1:11:16 PM11/23/01
"Speaktoyourpc.com" <he...@speaktoyourpc.com> wrote in message news:<tvrin9j...@corp.supernews.com>...

> Throwing stones in a glass house is not always wise.
>
> I hope you consulted with T.M. before posting his private email
> to you ( I guess your so called privacy policy is out the
> window) If not, I would suggest asking him what really happened
> to his order. He too received a free headset because we were not
> able to deliver on time--his card was fully refunded for other
> items purchased as well.

As I am the individual being referred to here and being dragged into
an adolescent pissing match, I'm compelled to add some details.

First, Martin did NOT ask to post my private email to him. This does
not make me happy. I don't consider it particularly ethical. Had I
been asked if it was OK to post it, I likely would have given
permission, as it accurately reflects my opinions. But it was wrong
to post without permission, and I shall remember that when making
future purchases.

Secondly, without going into boring detail, I found my dealings with
speaktoyourpc.com to be unpleasant and very unsatisfying. It has been
almost 4 weeks, and I never received my complete order, simple though
it was. I got a lot of promises, but no apparent action. As for the
"free headset", the only one I got was the cheapy included when one
orders the DNS User Manual (Not that I actually received the user
manual, that's still MIA, just the quick start guide). What I needed
was a Plantronics LS-1. They claimed two weeks ago I would be
receiving a "free" LS-1 in a couple of days. Needless to say that
hasn't occurred, of course your mileage may vary.... (An order from
Martin came in 2 days)

Oh yeah, as for my credit card being credited, it hasn't as of yet,
even though they said they would two weeks ago. Just checked that
this morning with my credit card company as I put their original
billing in dispute. Of course the card was BILLED the day after I
placed the order!

I wouldn't be surprised if a number of folks have had good dealings
with speaktoyourpc.com. However I have not, and won't be dealing with
them further. Just my opinion and experiences.......

Tom Mahood

Martin Markoe

Nov 23, 2001, 1:42:03 PM11/23/01
Tom,

> First, Martin did NOT ask to post my private email to him. This does
> not make me happy. I don't consider it particularly ethical. Had I
> been asked if it was OK to post it, I likely would have given
> permission, as it accurately reflects my opinions. But it was wrong
> to post without permission, and I shall remember that when making
> future purchases.

I offer my apologies for you being dragged into this. I couldn't conceive at
the time of posting, that Peter/Jonathan/Charles (who's to know which one he
is) of dragging your name into this. I did not post your name. I posted it
as: Tom Mah--- (you can check this by reading above several messages). I
felt that was pretty anonymous. Again, and without consideration of winning
back your business, I am sincerely sorry. I have had to defend my integrity
and even health against this guy claiming to be the biggest thing since
sliced bread.

Martin

Speaktoyourpc.com

Nov 23, 2001, 1:57:30 PM11/23/01

All these germs you are worried about, is it possible the
manufacturer's employees have germs?

I really don't think headset manufacturers take a completed
headset--with ear foam and windscreen--and try them on and test
them before packaging. Each individual component is plugged
into a speaker on one point of an assembly line before finally
being attached to a headband. On another point of the assemly
line the windscreen and ear foam was attached by employees
wearing vinyl gloves.

Take a tour of the headset manufacturer Cyber Acoustics in
Vancouver, Washington--you will learn the same.

We don't get along because you are dishonest. You sent a
defective "FREE" microphone to someone overseas. I couldn't send
him a QW1000ANC because I returned my inventory of them as soon
as it was apparent they came from a
defective batch.

- Intentionally sending a defective headset would be dishonest.
- Charging a customer for a defective headset would be
dishonest
- You're a small, one person "hobby" business, I don't see you
sending a $120.00 headset to anyone overseas for FREE

We are in the process now of exchanging the defective headset
with a new one, again at our cost---call that dishonest?
The QW-1000 for this customer was complimentary (normally cost =
$120.85) and taken from our shelves direct from the
manufacturer.

Guess what, this is the end of this thread for me.

Wise choice to wave the white flag.

By the way:

T.M. --the customer who had his private email posted in this
newsgroup by you---- is not very pleased.

Maybe you can learn from our privacy policy--this time read it
in detail before you vomit lies about it:
http://www.speaktoyourpc.com/privacy.shtml
http://www.speaktoyourpc.com/legal.shtml

Lets see if you post the private email I sent yesterday in
retraction----I'm expecting it.

I don't have time to be responding to these intentional
flames---Outlook has a nice "block sender" from newsgroups and
email that I intend to take advantage of. So your posts will no
longer be seen---or responded to.

Good luck.

Speaktoyourpc.com

Nov 23, 2001, 3:11:00 PM11/23/01

It has been almost 4 weeks, and I never received my complete
order, simple though it was. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I can assure you that with the thousands of orders we get
weekly, we do get our share of unhappy customers.
We're not immune to a mistake every now and again--what's done
to rectify that mistake should be taken into consideration.

Items were backordered while other items did ship.....because of
the delay your entire order was credited - headset (s) and
manuals are now free. (Keep in mind crediting a card is not seen
until the next billing statement)

Free merchandise because we botched up and couldn't deliver on
time? this is not unusual service for speaktoyourpc.com. where
else on the internet can you find this?

--Post back here when you see the full credit to your card
--Post back here when you get your free headsets

--
Jonathan Greer
speaktoyourpc.com

dragon...@feminism.freeserve.co.uk

Nov 23, 2001, 4:35:38 PM11/23/01

Evgenij

I think what you do is get Peter to send you another one post-free;
that's what he says here:

>>Speaktoyourpc.com sent this headset, postage
>>paid........absolutely free. We intend to keep it that way all
>>the way around. If this is a defective headset, postage on a
>>return will also be free for this customer.

Is that right, Peter?

Judy

Martin Markoe

Nov 23, 2001, 8:49:33 PM11/23/01
Jonathan/Peter/Charles,

If not, I would suggest asking him what really happened
to his order. He too received a free headset because we were not
able to deliver on time--his card was fully refunded for other
items purchased as well.

Tom was pissed at me for dragging him into this. My reasoning, I only gave
you enough information (not his full name) to check your database. I know
that must have taken a long time, due to your thousands and thousands of
orders a week to sort through, but more on this later Pinocchio. Let's see
what Tom said about his dealings with you:

"I found my dealings with speaktoyourpc.com to be unpleasant and very
unsatisfying."

He goes on to say about the credit card bill being credited:

"Oh yeah, as for my credit card being credited, it hasn't as of yet,
even though they said they would two weeks ago."

In another post you said, "I can assure you that with the thousands of

orders we get weekly, we do get our share of unhappy customers."

Our average sale is $100.00. Let's assume your business is similar to mine
(not counting the lies and misrepresentations you make). Let's be
conservative with your above statement and err on the low side of 2,000
orders a week. That translates to $200,000 a week of business which becomes
$10,000,000 a year. You must have a decent size corporate headquarters to
handle a 10 Million Dollar volume of business. Now I know you don't post the
address of your corporate headquarters, but a little Internet Research finds
you listed it as in the major business metropolis of Kennebunk, ME. The
Kennebunk Town Web Site (http://kennebunk.maine.org/demog.html) has the
following about town demographics:
"The 1990 federal census gave Kennebunk's population as 8,004 and estimated
the number of its households as 3,161. Current (1995) estimates put the
town's population at about 10,000 in approximately 4000 households.
Kennebunk's population is predominantly middle-aged. Thirty-seven percent of
its residents are between thirty-five and sixty-fours years of age. In part
this is due to in-migration of equity-rich "empty nesters" (forty-five to
sixty-four years old) seeking a coastal Maine setting."

For a sleepy little Maine town of empty nesters you must be a real shining
star. Maybe someone can run a D&B on your business to confirm the figures. I
will publicly apologize if you can verify the above figures.

It's time you walked away from this thread before you dig yourself in any
deeper.

Martin

Speaktoyourpc.com

Nov 23, 2001, 10:04:22 PM11/23/01
Hello Judy:

Speaktoyourpc.com sent this headset, postage
paid........absolutely free. We intend to keep it that way all
the way around. If this is a defective headset, postage on a
return will also be free for this customer.

Is that right, Peter?

Not Peter, but this is absolutely correct. Speaktoyourpc.com
unknowingly sent a free headset that turned out to be defective.
Evgenij is in the process of returning the headset to us now in
exchange for another after responding to a private email.

--
Jonathan Greer
speaktoyourpc.com

We're changing our name

Jon Greer

Nov 24, 2001, 3:24:49 AM11/24/01
To quote a recent user's description regarding these posts:

"Adolescent pissing contest"

After getting caught with his pants down regarding his so called
privacy policy, Martin from speechcontrol.com continues to make a
complete a** out of himself.

I think it's a good idea to pull your pants back up, go back to your
corner and cool down. Actually having the time to think about and type
these long posts and calling names is really getting on the level of
immature, addictive, consuming, fanatical and scary.

With this pattern of behaviour, the next step is usually
stalking--email stalking (To follow and comment on one user's posts
persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement to threaten
or to menacingly spread deceit)

Block emails if you're getting heated up.

Jon

Martin Markoe

Nov 24, 2001, 10:07:18 AM11/24/01
Jon (see you changed your name again Charles),

First you imply I have horrible germs and am likely to infect customers for
testing products before shipping. Now you seem to have a fixation with the
human disposal system as in:

"getting caught with his pants down"

" complete a** out of himself."
"I think it's a good idea to pull your pants back up"

You sir, have serious problems (habitual lies, cleanliness fixation and anal
retentive behavior) best helped by a mental health professional.

Actually having the time to think about and type
these long posts and calling names is really getting on the level of
immature, addictive, consuming, fanatical and scary.

It's good for you to know yourself. For me this is play and recreation at
the computer with someone who really should not be in a technology business
trying to firmly establish itself. Some busines suggestions for you based on
the traits you've exhibited here:
"Aw shucks, I have some great ones, but publishing them may be bordering on
slander."

> With this pattern of behaviour, the next step is usually
> stalking--email stalking (To follow and comment on one user's posts
> persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement to threaten
> or to menacingly spread deceit)
> Block emails if you're getting heated up.

This sounds as if you are threatening to SPAM me. If you do, please don't
send any of your inane newsletters. Be advised, I have SpamCop. It hunts,
tracks and provides the documentation to kill SPAM prey.

Martin

dragon...@feminism.freeserve.co.uk

Nov 25, 2001, 6:43:37 AM11/25/01

Jonathan I am sorry

>Is that right, Peter?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>Not Peter, but this is absolutely correct.

I always associate speaktoyourpc.com with Peter and his
posts

Judy

Enrique Padilla

Nov 25, 2001, 12:45:07 PM11/25/01
Evgenij.

Andrea has had many problems with this headset as of late.

It's not uncommon to receive headsets damaged prior to use which is why
Andrea does not show them on their website anymore (I tried to warn a few
posts ago).

I STRONGLY suggest you choose another headset such as an Andrea ANC750
because chances are that a new QW1000 unit will likely not work to begin
with or will break shortly after usage.

BTW, how did you like the weight / size of the microphone? Many feel
that both of the Andrea stereo headsets mentioned are a bit heavy for
extended use. Admitedly, more women have complained of this. What's
your take?

Enrique Padilla
New World Creations
http://www.microphones.com

In article <3c0ba150....@news.kreonet.re.kr>,
ev...@camd1.kkpcr.re.kr says...

Speaktoyourpc.com

Nov 25, 2001, 1:38:37 PM11/25/01

I always associate speaktoyourpc.com with Peter and his posts

No need to apologize-----simple mistake! =)

Pete did have alot of posts--I'm the new guy who is taking his
place.

--
Speaktoyourpc.com

Speaktoyourpc.com

Nov 25, 2001, 1:49:01 PM11/25/01

It's not uncommon to receive headsets damaged prior to use which
is why Andrea does not show them on their website anymore (I
tried to warn a few posts ago).

I think your posts were overlooked---which should not have been!
In the past, the QW-1000 was a winner and no problems until
recent......thanks for your input.

I STRONGLY suggest you choose another headset such as an Andrea
ANC750 because chances are that a new QW1000 unit will likely
not work to begin with or will break shortly after usage.

We are going to go along with Enrique and suggest the same.

When the headset is returned for exchange, an email will be sent
to see if he would like to change his mind and choose
another......again it will be no charge.

We are also going to post a disclaimer on our website about the
possible defects of this headset a customer can run into before
use.

--
Speaktoyourpc.com

Evgenij Barsukov

Nov 25, 2001, 6:56:43 PM11/25/01
Regardding message from Fri, 23 Nov 2001 21:35:38 GMT by
dragon...@feminism.freeserve.co.uk

>I think what you do is get Peter to send you another one post-free;
>that's what he says here:
>
>>>Speaktoyourpc.com sent this headset, postage
>>>paid........absolutely free. We intend to keep it that way all
>>>the way around. If this is a defective headset, postage on a
>>>return will also be free for this customer.

Indeed, I requested the replacement and the process is now under way.
I should say I did not have any problems with that - got a return autorization
number and instructions within one day.

Regards,
Evgenij

Evgenij Barsukov

Nov 25, 2001, 7:27:00 PM11/25/01
Regardding message from Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:45:07 -0500 by Enrique Padilla
<enr...@microphones.com>

>Andrea has had many problems with this headset as of late.
>
>It's not uncommon to receive headsets damaged prior to use which is why
>Andrea does not show them on their website anymore (I tried to warn a few
>posts ago).

Yes, I read your post, but it was kind of too late. Actually I selected this
headset because it has 2 speakers rather then 1 as in ACN700, and also because
of that "mercedes of headsets" statement by Martin. Is there any other
Andrea headset with 2 speakers?

>I STRONGLY suggest you choose another headset such as an Andrea ANC750
>because chances are that a new QW1000 unit will likely not work to begin
>with or will break shortly after usage.

I was thinking about it, but I am not sure if shosing another headset would not
stretch the patience of my benefactor - after all, I got it for free.
Jonathan, would it be difficult to replace it with other one (certainly cheaper,
as QW is the most expensive anyway)? I dont wont to cause any inconveniences,
so if it is any problem its ok.

>BTW, how did you like the weight / size of the microphone? Many feel
>that both of the Andrea stereo headsets mentioned are a bit heavy for
>extended use. Admitedly, more women have complained of this. What's
>your take?

Actually I liked the size and the wide band connecting the speakers - it sits
very soft and stable on your head unlike the traditional headsets with thiner
band and smaller cushions, which move any time you move. It looked and feeled
realy cool ( I looked a litle like a fighter-pilot they show in the movies),
cant complain there. But I am a litle disapointed with Andrea manufacturing
quality. See, except the not-working mike I noticed the sound in one channal
started to disapear (bad contact somewhere). And both things are in one headset
- most expensive one, mind you. Nevermind I got it for free, but that is thanks
to speaktoyourpc, not to Andrea.

Regards,
Evgenij

Evgenij Barsukov

Nov 25, 2001, 7:35:38 PM11/25/01
Regardding message from Sun, 25 Nov 2001 13:49:01 -0500 by "Speaktoyourpc.com"
<he...@speaktoyourpc.com>

>I STRONGLY suggest you choose another headset such as an Andrea
>ANC750 because chances are that a new QW1000 unit will likely
>not work to begin with or will break shortly after usage.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>We are going to go along with Enrique and suggest the same.
>
>When the headset is returned for exchange, an email will be sent
>to see if he would like to change his mind and choose
>another......again it will be no charge.

OK, now I see this post. Thanks for the suggestion. I am starting to come back
into the mood of being lucky. Totaly agree it might be a good idea.

Regards,
Evgenij

Martin Markoe

Nov 25, 2001, 8:14:12 PM11/25/01
Evgenij,

Actually I liked the size and the wide band connecting the speakers - it
sits
very soft and stable on your head unlike the traditional headsets with
thiner
band and smaller cushions, which move any time you move. It looked and
feeled
realy cool

That is one reason we called it the Cadillac of headsets. With a working
unit you had several other luxury features. These include the On/mute
switch, the foldable unit. the excellent ANC noise canceling microphone
elements, and the ANR (Active Noise Reduction) in the earphones. Smaller is
not always better. Being extremely lightweight is not always better.

But I am a litle disapointed with Andrea manufacturing quality

Obviously you were sent a unit from the last batch which we acknowledged was
bad. We immediately stopped selling from that batch when it became apparent
there were problems. I immediately posted the notice that the QW1000ANC was
"OUT OF STOCK (until further notice)." I do not understand why any dealer
has stock from the defective batch. Andrea immediately accepted a return of
my stock from the defective batch.

Andrea Electronics is working to correct the problem and I will proudly sell
the comfortable "Cadillac" of headsets as soon as the new cable and tuning
specifications are worked out.

Enrique Padilla

Nov 25, 2001, 9:58:52 PM11/25/01
Some facts on the Andrea ANC750...

The Andrea ANC750 is a binaural headset. You'll get the same comfortable
fit. The only 2 things missing are the inline control box for speaker
ANR performance (and bias box in one), and the ANR technology itself
which will only block out noise so you won't hear it. You won't miss it
unless you work in a very noisy environments such as airplanes,
tradeshows, loud home or office, etc.. I also think the speakers are
lighter because of the missing ANR technology. The ANC technology is
ofcourse the microphone portion which is the same for both units.

ANC750 can also be used with the Andrea PCTI which will allow you to
control telephone conversations and switch back and forth. You can't do
this with the QW1000.

ANC750 also comes with a free bias adapter to ensure your headset is
working with any soundcard.

ANC750 also has an inline mute switch.

Enrique Padilla
New World Creations
http://www.microphones.com

In article <3c22885c....@news.kreonet.re.kr>,
ev...@camd1.kkpcr.re.kr says...

Evgenij Barsukov

Nov 25, 2001, 11:46:53 PM11/25/01
Regardding message from Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:58:52 -0500 by Enrique Padilla
<enr...@microphones.com>

>The Andrea ANC750 is a binaural headset. You'll get the same comfortable

>fit. The only 2 things missing are the inline control box for speaker
>ANR performance (and bias box in one), and the ANR technology itself
>which will only block out noise so you won't hear it. You won't miss it
>unless you work in a very noisy environments such as airplanes,
>tradeshows, loud home or office, etc.. I also think the speakers are
>lighter because of the missing ANR technology. The ANC technology is
>ofcourse the microphone portion which is the same for both units.

Sounds quite promicing.
Anyway, what do you think about USB-headsets? I have an old Soundblaster 16
soundcard (supposed to be full-duplex, but I am not sure), so I guess it might
hamper the quality of the sound.
I saw at www.speaktoyourpc.com that VXI Caribian USB head-set is full dublex.
What about Plantronix dsp-300? It does not states that it is full-dublex on the
website. Besides, is the noise-canceling in VXI and Plantronix much worse than
in Andrea? What do the tests show?

Regards,
Evgenij

Speaktoyourpc.com

Nov 26, 2001, 12:33:10 AM11/26/01

Actually I liked the size and the wide band connecting the
speakers - it sits very soft and stable on your head unlike the
traditional headsets with thiner band and smaller cushions,
which move any time you move. It looked and feeled realy cool
( I looked a litle like a fighter-pilot they show in the
movies), cant complain there. But I am a litle disapointed with
Andrea manufacturing quality.

It seems the defective headset was part of a bad batch. We were
unaware of the manufacturing and performance flaws of the
QW-1000 headset---no returns came as of late regarding previous
orders--thanks to these posts we have become aware.

I saw at www.speaktoyourpc.com that VXI Caribian USB head-set is
full dublex. What about Plantronix dsp-300? It does not states
that it is full-dublex on the website. Besides, is the
noise-canceling in VXI and Plantronix much worse than
in Andrea? What do the tests show?

Plantronic's description of "full-range stereo sound" seems to
be mean same as full duplex.
Now that you basically tried the "Cadillac" of headsets --I'm
sure you wouldn't want to go down to a "volkswagon bug"

For me personally, I found the comfort level (and more modern
looking) of the Caribbean somewhat similar to the QW-1000
(Caribbean is definately more modern looking and durable after
VXI introduced the "graphite-plastic" look)

Here are some third party reviews on the DSP-300:
http://www.speaktoyourpc.com/reviews/links/microphones/dsp300.ht

User reviews of the Plantronics and Caribbean:
http://www.speaktoyourpc.com/reviews/view.cgi?event=link&cat_nam
e=Headsets/Digital_USB&key_1=1

Evgenij Barsukov

Nov 26, 2001, 1:06:47 AM11/26/01
Regardding message from Mon, 26 Nov 2001 00:33:10 -0500 by "Speaktoyourpc.com"
<he...@speaktoyourpc.com>

>Plantronic's description of "full-range stereo sound" seems to
>be mean same as full duplex.
>Now that you basically tried the "Cadillac" of headsets --I'm
>sure you wouldn't want to go down to a "volkswagon bug"
>
>For me personally, I found the comfort level (and more modern
>looking) of the Caribbean somewhat similar to the QW-1000
>(Caribbean is definately more modern looking and durable after
>VXI introduced the "graphite-plastic" look)
>
>Here are some third party reviews on the DSP-300:
>http://www.speaktoyourpc.com/reviews/links/microphones/dsp300.ht
>
>User reviews of the Plantronics and Caribbean:
>http://www.speaktoyourpc.com/reviews/view.cgi?event=link&cat_nam
>e=Headsets/Digital_USB&key_1=1

I find user reviews is a realy nice feauture of your site, indeed nothing goes
abouve feeling of an independent observer. I remember how user's review in
amazon changed my initial intention to buy Spok's baby book in favour of Seer's
book. Now I positively know it contributed to the character and the whole future
life of my baby. It is less critical with headsets :-), but idea is still same.

Anyway, it seems that both Carribbean and Plantronics come near to each other,
but Carribean seems to have too short cable which would be a trouble for me as
my computer is hiden as far from the sight as possible. Plantronics at the other
hand seems to be very solid, and it comes with software as well (would I get it
too?). Anyone else has opinions about Plantronics vs. Carribean?

Besides, another interesting question is how does computer recognize
usb-headset? Does compuer see it as another sound-card? How would a game
recognize what soundcard to use? Is the istallation "plug-and-play" like or you
need some special tricks to install usb-headset?

Regards,
Evgenij

Mark A. Mandel

Nov 26, 2001, 9:13:28 AM11/26/01
Martin Markoe <mar...@speechcontrol.com> wrote:
: Jon (see you changed your name again Charles),

: First you imply I have horrible germs and am likely to infect customers for
: testing products before shipping.

Martin, it's probably best to just killfile this troll.

Mark A. Mandel : Senior Linguist
Dragon Systems, a Lernout & Hauspie company : speech recognition
320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com/
(speaking only for myself)

--
To reply by email, remove the obvious spam-blocker from my edress.

Jeffrey Cote

Nov 26, 2001, 11:12:53 AM11/26/01
>2. "I think you started flaming us first and continue to do so-----just like
>>you do everyone else who steps into the public forum ( I read Jeff Cote's
>>posts and your responses from beginning to end)"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>Once Jeff contacted me to who is and what he intended to do we have since

---------

Ahhh...NO...I'm in the middle of this mess....Heh...Man, I wouldn't want to be
either person's enemy. This gets pretty ugly. Reminds me of my good old
jewelry days. Man, to see how angry people would get over a hunk of gold...

My problem is, I am too honest about products. I'd be a better salesman if I
knew how to spin the customer. :)

-jeff

Jeff Cote
Call Center Products - http://www.headset.com
If you live in the United States: 603.964-1451
Canadian customers dial 416-631-6700
jac @ headset . com <---- All US inquires to this email address

Jeffrey Cote

Nov 26, 2001, 11:18:29 AM11/26/01
Call Center Products - Telephone, Wireless and Computer
Headsets...www.headset.comIn the US, call 603.964.1451 or email jac @ headset .
com

>I really don't think headset manufacturers take a completed

>headset--with ear foam and windscreen--and try them on and test
>them before packaging. Each individual component is plugged
>into a speaker on one point of an assembly line before finally
>being attached to a headband. On another point of the assemly
>line the windscreen and ear foam was attached by employees
>wearing vinyl gloves.
>

>--
>Jonathan Greer
>speaktoyourpc.com
>1-888-412-7605
>___________________________________

Actually, VXI does just that. However, they test finished product and THEN put
on the cushions. They have to for ISO and they better do it, because offering a
two year unconditional warranty on untested headsets wouldn't be wise. Now,
that's not to say they test them on PC's or Telephones...No, they plug in to a
panel, check for receive and transmit and that's it. If it's alive, it ships.

Jeff
Former VXI Insider

Jeffrey Cote

Nov 26, 2001, 11:33:09 AM11/26/01

>Andrea Electronics is working to correct the problem and I will proudly sell
>the comfortable "Cadillac" of headsets as soon as the new cable and tuning
>specifications are worked out.
>

>--
>Martin Markoe, SCCS, Inc.

Hey - call me when they make the Ferrari of headsets. Cadillacs are for older
folks and the mob. Although, I admit, they look nice.

Seriously - Has Andrea put a time-table on the correction? VXI had a major
problem like this, once or twice, and it really hurt them. The reports on
Andrea's financial situation are not good so I was wondering how much this will
cost them and if it will push them over the edge. Hmmm...Hope not. Need
someone other than Plantronics around in two years. Not that I don't like
Plantronics, I do, but this industry is fast becoming a less competitive area.
Someone has to keep up with Plantronics..As far as I can tell, Labtec can't do
it.

Martin Markoe

Nov 26, 2001, 8:17:43 AM11/26/01
Evengij,

Besides, is the noise-canceling in VXI and Plantronix much worse than
in Andrea? What do the tests show?

My recent tests show that the Andrea is consistently more accurate than
these others. This is in quiet as well as noisy environments.

--
Martin Markoe, SCCS, Inc.

Martin Markoe

Nov 26, 2001, 8:20:31 AM11/26/01
Evgenij,

> Besides, another interesting question is how does computer recognize
> usb-headset? Does compuer see it as another sound-card? How would a game
> recognize what soundcard to use? Is the istallation "plug-and-play" like
or you
> need some special tricks to install usb-headset?

Exactly. B

Martin Markoe

Nov 26, 2001, 8:37:27 AM11/26/01
Evgenij,

> Besides, another interesting question is how does computer recognize
> usb-headset? Does compuer see it as another sound-card? How would a game
> recognize what soundcard to use? Is the istallation "plug-and-play" like
or you
> need some special tricks to install usb-headset?

Exactly. The USB installs automatically the first time you use it with
Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, ME or XP. The trick is to designate the USB as
the Preferred Recording Device and if full duplex, the Preferred Playback
Device. This is done in Control :Panel, Sounds/Multimedia, Audio Tab, drop
down the lists if need be.

We include a full simple to follow instructions of our own with each USB
device we ship.

Martin Markoe

Nov 26, 2001, 4:17:43 PM11/26/01
Jeff,

Hey - call me when they make the Ferrari of headsets. Cadillacs are for
older
folks and the mob. Although, I admit, they look nice.

You will have to call one of my competitors for the Ferrari of headsets.
Ferrari's transmit a lot of noise and need a lot of maintenance. Besides,
I am an old fogey and a Cadillac is starting to look like a good replacement
for my 1964 Volkswagen Beetle.

Martin Markoe, SCCS, Inc.

The best microphones for Speech Recognition
See us at: http://www.speechcontrol.com

See, "Key Steps to High Speech Recognition Accuracy" at:
http://www.speechcontrol.com/articles/Keys%20to%20dictation.htm

Evgenij Barsukov

Nov 27, 2001, 8:11:32 PM11/27/01
Regardding message from Mon, 26 Nov 2001 08:37:27 -0500 by "Martin Markoe"
<mar...@speechcontrol.com>

>> Besides, another interesting question is how does computer recognize
>> usb-headset? Does compuer see it as another sound-card? How would a game
>> recognize what soundcard to use? Is the istallation "plug-and-play" like
>or you
>> need some special tricks to install usb-headset?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>Exactly. The USB installs automatically the first time you use it with
>Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, ME or XP. The trick is to designate the USB as
>the Preferred Recording Device and if full duplex, the Preferred Playback
>Device. This is done in Control :Panel, Sounds/Multimedia, Audio Tab, drop
>down the lists if need be.

How do I know it is full-duplex, and what will be practical consequences if it
is not? Will I hear static and delays when I will try to listen to CD while
dictating for example with Plantronix DSP-300?
What usb-headsets out there are full-duplex? Does this concept apply to USB-pods
at all as they seem to have DSP inside and therefore _must_ have independent ADC
and DAC for data conversion back and forth between analog and digital?

Regards,
Evgenij

Speaktoyourpc.com

Nov 27, 2001, 11:37:52 PM11/27/01

How do I know it is full-duplex, and what will be practical
consequences if it is not? Will I hear static and delays when I
will try to listen to CD while dictating for example with
Plantronix DSP-300? What usb-headsets out there are full-duplex?

Half duplex- provides only sound input

This was the only option with many of the older USB headsets
(like the old Naturally Clear headset from Telex)
even though the headset had what looked like a speaker on the
earpiece, you could only dictate. Text to speech and playback
was possible to hear only through your PC's speakers.

Full duplex- provides sound input and sound output

Modern USB headsets make this the standard. Not only can you
dictate but now you can hear playback and text to speech without
on a private level through the headset's earpiece--sometimes in
stereo.

The Andrea USB converter delivers a half-duplex USB solution
(for microphone) and a pass-through speaker connection.

yourMany USB headsets first started out as hal