OK, that's enough...

Bob Manson

Dec 4, 2001, 1:20:15 PM12/4/01
Is anyone else beyond annoyed with the two pathetically desperate
"small business owners" that have driven this group into the ground?
Not that any Usenet groups are paragons of usefulness these days, but
even WWF is better entertainment than watching these two guys...and
the group's being invaded by more salesbots. It won't be long before
the only posters will be speech recognition/headset/microphone VSRs
(Value Substracting Resellers) and their fake customers, desperately
trying (and failing) to pay each other to take microphones.

I subscribed 6 months ago hoping to learn something about the
"state-of-the-art" in voice recognition from the user's perspective. A
friend was seriously interested in using SR for writing, and where
better to learn about people's *actual* experiences than a Usenet
group entitled "comp.speech.USERS"? Now it seems that just about
anywhere else (except SR sales websites) would've been more
informative...

All I've managed to learn is that most users are apparently being
ripped off by over-charging slimy weaseloid microphone hawkers.
["Fly-by-night" deserves to be stuck in there as well, but it's a bit
too hyperbolic for my taste.] If I (Patty forbid!) ever wanted to buy
a microphone or a speech recognition package, I now know better than
to visit a "speech recognition store". (I knew that before I started
reading here, but it's just been strongly reinforced.)

Martin Markoe and Mr. "speaktoyourpc.com", I beg you to consider the
number of potential customers you're pissing off before you further
demonstrate your witlessness by posting again. Your childish
King-of-the-Group games should've stopped a loooong time ago.

One other thing. I live in California. No UCE/spam/unsolicited
subscriptions to email lists. I seriously have nothing better to do
with my life than to sue spammers.

Martin Markoe

Dec 4, 2001, 7:02:31 PM12/4/01
Bob,

I tried sending you a private post but it bounced. Please contact me with a
good E-mail address and the original message will be forwarded.

Martin

Jeffrey Cote

Dec 5, 2001, 9:13:15 AM12/5/01

>All I've managed to learn is that most users are apparently being
>ripped off by over-charging slimy weaseloid microphone hawkers.
>["Fly-by-night" deserves to be stuck in there as well, but it's a bit
>too hyperbolic for my taste.] If I (Patty forbid!) ever wanted to buy
>a microphone or a speech recognition package, I now know better than
>to visit a "speech recognition store". (I knew that before I started
>reading here, but it's just been strongly reinforced.)

Well said...Refreshing.

Jeff Cote
Call Center Products - http://www.headset.com
If you live in the United States: 603.964-1451 x280
Canadian customers dial 416-631-6700
jac @ headset . com <---- All US inquires to this email address