Help for color detection

Ritesh Jethmalani

Sep 5, 2010, 12:21:04 PM9/5/10
can anyone plz help me ......I want a matlab program which can detect different colors in camera captured images....plz help me.....Thnx..

ImageAnalyst

Sep 5, 2010, 12:37:43 PM9/5/10
Ritesh Jethmalani:
Start with the color detection demos on my Mathworks site:
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/authors/31862
Come back with any questions.
-ImageAnalyst

Walter Roberson

Sep 5, 2010, 12:43:25 PM9/5/10
On 05/09/10 11:21 AM, Ritesh Jethmalani wrote:
> can anyone plz help me ......I want a matlab program which can detect
> different colors in camera captured images....plz help me.....Thnx..

If you knew the RGB values of two different pixels, how would you decide
whether they are the same "color" or not? I was looking at color
swatches yesterday: the place I was had a relatively small collection,
with only about 28 different shades of "red", some of which were the
same hue but had different glossiness. In larger stores, I've seen over
100 different shades of "red" -- and that's not even counting the pinks.