Monte Carlo BER simulations

Odiri Oghre

Jun 16, 2008, 8:41:02 AM6/16/08
I've been trying to run a monte carlo simulation of a simple
simulink model - digital modulation schemes (BPSK, QPSK,
QAM). For some unfathomable reasons, I keep getting a
horizontal plot rather than the expected water fall plot in
line with the theoretical plot. The computed results on the
error rate calculator block seems okay or close to expected
but the plot has just refused to follow the normal curve
using BERTOOL in simulink.

Can anyone please suggest how I can get this resolved???

Rgds,

Odiri

Idin Motedayen-Aval

Jun 16, 2008, 10:58:42 AM6/16/08

Sounds like you have a problem with your setup. If your results in
Simulink look ok, then it must be a problem in the way you export the
results from the Simulink model for the BERTool to read. Does the BER
variable name in BERTool match the name of exported variable in your
Simulink model?

Idin

--
Idin Motedayen-Aval
The MathWorks, Inc.

Odiri Oghre

Jun 16, 2008, 5:14:02 PM6/16/08

penstate le

Apr 25, 2009, 7:54:02 PM4/25/09
"Odiri Oghre" <colli...@yahoo.com> wrote in message <g35n0t$sog$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...
Monte Carlo Simulations:
I am in agreement here. I did everything according to the instructions for the bpskdoc simulink model example in MATLAB, and also what was suggested to the last writer Mr./Miss Odiri, viz., ensuring that the variable name in the signal workplace block is the same as that in the BERtool monte carlo interface. I am also getting the horizontal result and not the expected 'waterfall' plot. The theoretical plot is fine. It would suggest that somehow Errro rate block one constant value for variation in the Eb/No (dB) ratio and not declining exponentially as is expected. Which of the settings (on the simulink blocks or on the bertool window) needs to be changed to obtain the desired result?

Dave.

Molly

Jul 5, 2010, 10:44:04 PM7/5/10
"Odiri Oghre" <colli...@yahoo.com> wrote in message <g36l2q$hvf$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

Hi Odiri,
Same here. I had the same problem. Just wonder if you had found the solution? It will be a great help if you can share. Thanks in advance.

regards,

Islam Galal

May 29, 2012, 10:11:07 PM5/29/12
"penstate le" <ddl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message <gt07qq$41g$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...
the solution is to change the (Input signal power, in watts) in AWGN Channel to be less than 1
as 0.025 or less and you will find that Curves start to follow the theoretical

Rawan

May 8, 2014, 12:10:14 AM5/8/14
"Odiri Oghre" <colli...@yahoo.com> wrote in message <g35n0t$sog$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...
Hi Odiri, have you solved this problem?
cause I am suffering from the same issue.
please help!

Amee Badiani

Jul 10, 2016, 9:35:09 AM7/10/16
I reduced the input power of AWGN Channel but still the graph is a horizontal line..!
Pls suggest me what else to do.
Thanks.

Amee Badiani

Jul 11, 2016, 6:05:08 AM7/11/16
"Molly" wrote in message <i0u59k$pj2$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...
Even I am looking for the solution of this issue... Kindly share the solution... Thanx.