Plot 3D data

1 view

Mihai Streza

Jul 18, 2005, 2:33:24 PM7/18/05
Hello,

I have a bunch of 3D points (x,y,z coordinates) to plot as 3D
surfaces in Matlab: since I'm totally new to the program I'm
completely lost. In what format should I enter the data in a file?
How can I then import the file and plot the 3D surfaces? How can I
plot more 3D surfaces in the same diagramm?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Mihai

piyush....@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2005, 2:49:36 PM7/18/05
if the data is on a regular (x,y) grid, u can rearrange the data to
plot using the surf() function. IF the data is not on a regular grid,
use the griddata() function to obtain an interpolated surface on a
regualr grid and then use the surf() function. For details read up on
surf() and griddata() on MATLAB help.

Piyush

Duane Bozarth

Jul 18, 2005, 2:53:53 PM7/18/05

And

help hold

Mihai

Jul 19, 2005, 3:16:17 PM7/19/05
Hello,

and first of all thanks for the help.
My first problem is however in which format should I input the data
in a file? I have the data on paper on an (x,y) grid right now, so I
first have to input it into a file, which I will then (how?) upload
in Matlab and THEN I can probably come to the part you have
described, using surf. Any hints on that one?

Thanks a lot!
Mihai

Jérôme

Jul 20, 2005, 5:31:04 AM7/20/05
Mihai wrote:

> My first problem is ... I have ... so I first have to ... I
> will then (how?)... THEN I can probably come to ... Any
> hints on that one?

I think you should start there :

<http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/learn_matlab/learn_matlab.html>

Then you will find more informations there :

<http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab.html>

Next try by yourself and use the Newsgroup again if you have any
problem !

Jérôme