Using quiver to make vector plots in a log-linear coordinate system

1 view

Ingrid Cnossen

May 20, 2009, 7:06:01 AM5/20/09
Hello,

I am trying to use quiver to make a vector plot. The vector data I have is for a grid of latitude-pressure points, with the pressure scale on the y-axis being logarithmic. The data itself is scaled such that if the horizontal and vertical components of my vector are both equal to 1, I would want a vector to be plotted at a 45 degree angle. However, because my y-axis is logarithmic, my arrows end up being distorted. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? Any help appreciated!

Ingrid