Invalid MEX-file error while running MATLAB related S/W (SPM)

gopalkri...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2009, 12:59:28 PM2/10/09
Hello,
I am working on MATLAB based S/W called Statistical Parametreic
Mapping (SPM). whenever I try to run any application on SPM, it gives
following error:

Error running job:
Invalid MEX-file '/usr/local/matlab/spm5/spm_conv_vol.mexglx': /usr/
local/matlab/spm5/spm_conv_vol.mexglx: symbol mxGetNumberOfDimensions,
version libmx.INTERNAL not defined in file libmx.so with link time
reference.
--------------------------
Done.

In order to resolve the problem, I contacted Mathworks and SPM,
googled similar posts. Consequently, I was told to check the MATLAB
path selector. But didn't work out.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Here, I am providing some
additional info. which I feel may be helpful in resolving the
problem.

Note 1: The 'error dialog' when I click any mexglx file supporting SPM
is:

error using ==> open at 157
can't edit the MEX-file 'usr/local/matlab/spm5/spm_bias_mex.mexglx'

Note 2: I run MATLAB on LINUX server

Note 3: This application used to run successfully on our old MATLAB
version 7.0.4 but after updating to MATLAB 7.6.0, the problem started.

Thanks in advance,
Gopal

GOPALKRISHNA VENI

Feb 10, 2009, 1:30:20 PM2/10/09

Ashish Uthama

Feb 13, 2009, 12:51:32 PM2/13/09
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:59:28 -0500, <gopalkri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am working on MATLAB based S/W called Statistical Parametreic
> Mapping (SPM). whenever I try to run any application on SPM, it gives
> following error:
>
> Error running job:
> Invalid MEX-file '/usr/local/matlab/spm5/spm_conv_vol.mexglx': /usr/
> local/matlab/spm5/spm_conv_vol.mexglx: symbol mxGetNumberOfDimensions,
> version libmx.INTERNAL not defined in file libmx.so with link time
> reference.
> --------------------------
> Done.
>
> In order to resolve the problem, I contacted Mathworks and SPM,
> googled similar posts. Consequently, I was told to check the MATLAB
> path selector. But didn't work out.
>
> Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Here, I am providing some
> additional info. which I feel may be helpful in resolving the
> problem.
>
> Note 1: The 'error dialog' when I click any mexglx file supporting SPM
> is:
>
> error using ==> open at 157
> can't edit the MEX-file 'usr/local/matlab/spm5/spm_bias_mex.mexglx'

When you 'click' it in the browser, it would try editing it.
If you want to run it, call it from the command line or right click and
choose the required option.

> Note 2: I run MATLAB on LINUX server
>
> Note 3: This application used to run successfully on our old MATLAB
> version 7.0.4 but after updating to MATLAB 7.6.0, the problem started.

Is this SPM version expected to work with newer MATLAB? i.e were the MEX
files compiled /compatible
for this newer version?

> Thanks in advance,
> Gopal

There was a previous post on this newsgroup.
The issue seemed to have resolved after the LD_LIBRARY_PATH was updated.