solution

১১৫টি ভিউ
প্রথম অপঠিত মেসেজটিতে চলে আসুন

liquid...@gmail.com

পড়া হয়নি,
১৭ ডিসে, ২০০৮, ৬:৩৬:০৩ AM১৭/১২/০৮
প্রাপক
Hello!

I found out a solution for the Alt-Gr issue.

Open /usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/7.0/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/
TextResources/X/KeyEventTranslations.tr file on your system.(eg.: sudo
nano ..., paths may vary).

Then somewhere under "EventTranslations[{" type some newlines, then
paste this literally:

Item[KeyEvent["ISO_Level3_Shift"],
FrontEndExecute[{FrontEnd`NotebookWrite[FrontEnd`InputNotebook[],
Sequence[], After]}]
],

This code translates the Alt-Gr key(ISO_Level3_Shift) to produce
something in the notebook, which is in this case nothing, becase
Sequence[] evaluates to nothing, albeit its syntactically correct.

Restart mathematica, and enjoy its once again slow interface under
Linux :(

i used version Mathematica 7.0.0, kernel 2.6.27, 64bit, Arch Linux, X.org
v11.0.

by the way: you can define shortcuts in this file easily.

Mariano Suárez-Alvarez

পড়া হয়নি,
১৯ জানু, ২০০৯, ২:৫৮:৩৩ AM১৯/১/০৯
প্রাপক

Your solution did not work for me (well, the space was gone, but an
even more annoying beep
replaced it) but the following, which is slightly more
straightforward, works nicely AFAICS:

Item[KeyEvent["ISO_Level3_Shift"], FrontEndExecute[{}]],

I'm sure there is something one can put inthe second argument instead
of
the rather silly FrontEndExecute[{}] with the effect of ignoring the
KeyEvent,
but I could not find any documentation on that...

-- m

brda...@gmail.com

পড়া হয়নি,
২৪ জানু, ২০০৯, ৬:১৬:৩২ AM২৪/১/০৯
প্রাপক
I did like liquid.phy adding

(* Key Alt-Gr *)

Item[KeyEvent["ISO_Level3_Shift"],
FrontEndExecute[{FrontEnd`NotebookWrite

[FrontEnd`InputNotebook[],""]}]
],

just after "EventTranslations[{" in the configuration file
/usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/7.0/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/TextResources/
X/KeyEventTranslations.tr

It works and does not make any sound!
i use version Mathematica 7.0.0, 32bit, Kubuntu 8.10

Enjoy it!
B.

0টি নতুন মেসেজ